✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Tash

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so sad about the death of one of the Beastie Boys. i still remember how much of a stir "You gotta fight (for your right)" caused back in the 80's (when i was a teenager). Here's me wishing i could have been there to hear Coldplay's cover/tribute.

Xylobands, Confetti Cannons, Fireworks, and my favorite band! What more can a girl ask for! I am in Row 7 in Section J2 seats 15 and 17. I am beyond excited and you all have confirmed that I will be near the C STAGE!!! AGHHH!! Last time I saw them was in 2009 at CSU Dominguez Hills and I was in the PIT- man that was an Awesome Show! I get to only see them once this tour- but this is still my 11th Coldplay Concert! Man -I am driving from Santa Barbara. Anyone else from SB going? I can do cartwheels right Now- I am so excited, but I have to keep calm-because I am at work. :laugh3:

Does anyone think they will play "Life in Technicolor?" That has to be one of my favorite songs. It would be awesome to hear it live.

Did you get in? I had Section J2, Row 7, Seats 13 and 15- didn't get in because it was fake. :embarrassed:

Beyond pissed off right now!

Oh no! : (

I know! :( I shouldn't be too mad because I saw them Tuesday, but still... all that excitement and build up leading to a second show and then bam... it's gone like that. I'm gonna write a post on tumblr in a bit!

Unhappy Fans Fall Victim to Fake Coldplay Ticket Internet Scammers

Some fans who paid $200-$400 per seat on Craigslist and other sites for Coldplay's concert at the Hollywood Bowl find their tickets are fakes.

69769794.jpg

Some very disappointed music fans who paid top dollar to see the band Coldplay ended up getting the cold shoulder instead.

Fans who found some of the tickets on Craigslist, Stubhub, eBay, and other Internet sites -- and paid in the $200-$400 range per seat for Coldplay at the Hollywood Bowl -- were stunned and disappointed to find that the tickets were phonies.

The Coldplay shows were sellouts at the Bowl, and Hollywood Bowl COO Arvinv Manocha conceded it was a very unfortunate situation. "There was nothing we could do for these unlucky people who were bilked," Manocha said. "Because it was a sellout, there were no other valid tickets to be sold to them."

The takeaway for these and other fans? Stick with the safety of Ticketmaster, and don't be drawn into "too good to be true" ticket finds on other sites on the Internet. By avoiding third-party ticket vendors, fans should be able to avoid the cold reality of fake Coldplay tickets, and fraudulent scams for other shows as well.

link

ouch. Who did you buy them off?

Someone off Craigslist. Looking back on it, as if buying off Craigslist isn't much of a mistake already, there were so many stand out points that made me aware that something was wrong. But what's weird was that the guy showed us a ticketmaster receipts for the tickets!

Definitely not mad at Coldplay though. Just a bit sad!

Someone off Craigslist. Looking back on it, as if buying off Craigslist isn't much of a mistake already, there were so many stand out points that made me aware that something was wrong. But what's weird was that the guy showed us a ticketmaster receipts for the tickets!

Definitely not mad at Coldplay though. Just a bit sad!

Same thing happened to me, but in my case, I noticed they were fake when I got home after I bought them a couple months ago. The seat numbers said 1, 2, 3, 4 when in fact that row and section had seat numbers that started 101, 102, 103 , 104

I went to the Hollywood police station and reported it. They took my tickets and confirmed they were fakes and that the same group of people had been doing it using a hollywood business address as their exchange point with victims.

The police had me look at a lineup and nobody looked familiar as to who sold me the tickets, but then about a month later they said they had arrested a couple more people in the scam and sent me another lineup and sure enough the guy was on there and I pointed him out. I went back to the station and circled the picture, etc. Hopefully he gets convicted and I get some kind of restitution.