✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Tash

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally had some time to upload my pictures and video... whew, it was a busy weekend.

I know at this point everyone has seen the tribute... but here is the video I took of it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0v-KUb4fzk]Coldplay "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party)" Hollywood Bowl 05/04/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Pictures:

DSCN0370.jpg

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

DSCN0396.jpg

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

Here is my Us Against the World video. We moved down to C stage during Paradise and found an empty seat just 3 rows up :)

At 2:08, Chris and I made eye contact, he did a head nod to me, smiled then waved a second later :) This was just a few hours after I met him. I about died. Sorry the quality isn't better, I was shooting right into the spotlight and it was hard to get good video of Jonny and Guy, which is why there is so much of Will and Chris.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_p1vTv-YCA]Coldplay Hollywood Bowl Us Against the World May 4 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm still buzzing from the show. We had seats in 3rd row of the Garden boxes, just behind the pool circle. It was like a Hollywood "who's who" before the show- my wife and I had our heads on a swivle between eating our picnic, drinking our wine, and all of the celeb watching. Of those we saw... Jim Caviezel was in the box directly next to ours, John Tesh (is he a celeb?) was down in the Pool Circle with his daughter, Tony Kanal (from No Doubt) was in the row behind John Tesh, I literally ran into Giada de Laurentiis on my way to the bathroom before the show. Best of all, though, is that my wife and I walked up to the aisle in front of the X-stage as soon as Princess of China came on- we looked to our left, and Gwyneth Paltrow and Cameron Diaz were literally RIGHT next to my wife. I swear the overload of CP right in front of her and the two A-listers dancing with her to her right almost was too much. Suited up VIP security eventually made me and most of the others in the garden boxes who had gathered in the aisle in front of the x stage go back to our seats, but they let my wife (a blond who danced along side a dancing Gwyneth and Cameron, and didn't have a cell phone out trying to take a picture of them) stray in their inner circle for 7 songs until Paradise! I could see the three blonds from my box seat and they were so cute just partying and dancing without abandon to Chris and the boys.

155421_3581076697057_1577381795_32753575_129820562_n.jpg

Best of all, though, were the boys. Chris sounded better than ever (This was our 5th show dating back to 2005) and gave the show an amazing amount of energy. The MCA tribute was great, and the set list was spot on. Sorry for the crap quality of the photos- I need a new mobile phone!

545113_3581070336898_1577381795_32753564_144669808_n.jpg

303399_3581071096917_1577381795_32753565_1885995319_n.jpg

546227_3581071216920_1577381795_32753566_535691002_n.jpg

526168_3581071936938_1577381795_32753567_292311704_n.jpg

Here is my Us Against the World video. We moved down to C stage during Paradise and found an empty seat just 3 rows up :)

At 2:08, Chris and I made eye contact, he did a head nod to me, smiled then waved a second later :) This was just a few hours after I met him. I about died. Sorry the quality isn't better, I was shooting right into the spotlight and it was hard to get good video of Jonny and Guy, which is why there is so much of Will and Chris.

I'm starting to really hate you, Dianne.

:-) Of course I don't mean that, but seriously, your luck is unbelievable!

...kinda random..

but has anyone used stubhub before?! is it legit?!?!?1

I used StubHub to get a ticket to the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Vegas last year. All was smooth, no problems, but now its name is being included in the reports of some of these scams. I thought StubHub guaranteed everything but maybe not.

Now more on topic, thanks to everybody for posting the great photos and videos! This looks like one of the best shows ever and has gotten me even more excited for the 5 shows I have coming up!

And Dianne, congratulations to you! You're a fellow fan to be proud of.

...kinda random..

We use StubHub all of the time for various tickets, and there's never been a problem. When we buy athletic tickets, several colleges even push them for finding tickets online. They are supposed to guarantee their tickets in some fashion. BUT the recent story of tickets problems at the Hollywood Bowl mentioned StubHub (I'm not sure anyone was swindled by them - the ones I've heard mainly were Craig's List and eBay - but they were mentioned in some fashion), and it freaked me out. I had already planned to call when I got home to the venues to see if by chance they could tell me what to look for. The world would come to an end if I was one of those people that showed up and their tickets were bogus!

...kinda random..

We have bought tickets and sold tickets on Stubhub before and never had a problem. They say that they guarantee the tickets but I think what that means is if they turn out to be fake they will give you your money back.

I would never buy tickets on Craigslists..it's too easy to get scammed. I did buy tickets to the Coldplay concert at UCLA a few months back on Ebay.

AVSean....we must have been sitting pretty close to you. We were in the third row of Garden boxes too but to the right of the stage. I was right on the aisle where the boys (except Chris) ran down after their performance on the rear stage.

...kinda random..

I have bought and sold tickets on stub hub. Never had a problem, and they have the Fan Guarantee, which offers an extra layer of security. https://www.stubhub.com/guarantee/

A couple of things to remember when buying on stub hub. Stubhub chargers BOTH the seller and buyer fees to use their services. So when you see tickets that are way more than face value, keep that in mind. And keep in mind that most sellers bought from ticketmaster or other similar sites and often have those fees as well. Stubhub charges the seller 15% of the sales price of every ticket. For example, last week I sold 2 One Direction tickets (Yes, I know. But I have a 13 year old daughter). They had a face value of $45, or $90 for 2. Ticketmaster/venue fees brought the price of 2 tickets to $132. I sold the tickets for $100 each, and after stub hub fees, my return was $170 - so yes, I made a little money, but it was less than $20/ticket, even though it looks as though I sold the tickets for more than double face value. Does this make sense? And then there are the buyer fees of 10% of the sales price, so the buyer actually paid $220 or $110 each for the tickets, for tickets with a "face value" of $45. I know there are people who sell for way way more than I did, but I wasn't out to gouge anyone, just needed to sell the extra pair that I had.

AVSean....we must have been sitting pretty close to you. We were in the third row of Garden boxes too but to the right of the stage. I was right on the aisle where the boys (except Chris) ran down after their performance on the rear stage.

Awesome, right? We were in box 361, got the VIP package using AmEx the moment they went on sale in January. Best money I have ever spent! I am usually not a celeb follower, but it was a bit hard to not get caught up in the scene. Luckily, the real celebs for my wife and I are Chris, Will, Johnny and Guy, so we had no problem fully enjoying the show.

Too bad I didn't have a chance to meet other on here at the show- would have been nice!

The only bad part of the night was seeing a Dad and his ~18 yeah old kids get turned away at the gate in front of us for having fake tix. There are truly some people in this world who have no heart.

Awesome, right? We were in box 361, got the VIP package using AmEx the moment they went on sale in January. Best money I have ever spent! I am usually not a celeb follower, but it was a bit hard to not get caught up in the scene. Luckily, the real celebs for my wife and I are Chris, Will, Johnny and Guy, so we had no problem fully enjoying the show.

Too bad I didn't have a chance to meet other on here at the show- would have been nice!

The only bad part of the night was seeing a Dad and his ~18 yeah old kids get turned away at the gate in front of us for having fake tix. There are truly some people in this world who have no heart.

Just curious, which VIP fix did you buy? The ones that came with the cocktail party? We bought the "cheap" ha tix and were in Box 663, so 3 box sections behind you on Jonny's side. We did go up to X stage when they were there, but got asked to leave. LOL But during Clocks, we went down to the front again and there was a totally empty box against the front rail, so we stood there and by then security didn't care, as long as we weren't in an aisle.

Just curious, which VIP fix did you buy? The ones that came with the cocktail party? We bought the "cheap" ha tix and were in Box 663, so 3 box sections behind you on Jonny's side. We did go up to X stage when they were there, but got asked to leave. LOL But during Clocks, we went down to the front again and there was a totally empty box against the front rail, so we stood there and by then security didn't care, as long as we weren't in an aisle.

We bought the "cheap" VIP package (without the parking, food and drinks included). Bought them the morning the AmEx package was available and that was the box offered. (I figured we'd have to eat and drink a heck of a lot of food to make up for the price, and I was just as happy to be in the garden boxes vs the pool circle (I wanted to see the pyrotechniques, and we could barely see them from our garden box as it was!)

As far as the X stage deal, we ran up right when they started setting up the keyboard and drum kit before Princess of China- we were really the first people to get there. Already in the aisle between the first row of garden boxes (directly under the X stage) and the second row of garden boxes, Gwyneth and Cameron Diaz were already standing , with two suited and earpieced VIP security guards keeping the peace. Once a few other people started to crowd the aisle in front of the X stage, the suited and earpiece guys called in the yellow jacket guys to clear the aisle- with the exception of the VIP contingent right in front of the stage- I would assume they has special permission to be wherever they wanted! My wife was lucky enough to a) be mistaken for part of the Gwyneth/Cameron entourage, b) didn't have a cell phone or camera to take pictures of them, and c) Gwyneth and Cameron and their entourage were cool enough to let her stay at their VIP "aisle" spot (now protected by security with their backs to the entourage and facing the aisle and crowd) with them until the end of the set.

Meanwhile, everyone in the aisle from me on were asked to return to our seats. My wife was just lucky enough to make the cut given her gender, position in the aisle, and penchant to dance and be into the band and not bother the girls. One guy who blatantly tried to take a picture of them from the box in front of them was relocated to a different box by security (he was obnoxious and tried to shove his cell phone in their faces, practically. Gwyneth kindly but firmly asked him to "respect the band and stop", he didn't, and the yellow jackets walked him (I presume) to a different box. Hope that all makes sense.

We bought the "cheap" VIP package (without the parking, food and drinks included). Bought them the morning the AmEx package was available and that was the box offered. (I figured we'd have to eat and drink a heck of a lot of food to make up for the price, and I was just as happy to be in the garden boxes vs the pool circle (I wanted to see the pyrotechniques, and we could barely see them from our garden box as it was!)

As far as the X stage deal, we ran up right when they started setting up the keyboard and drum kit before Princess of China- we were really the first people to get there. Already in the aisle between the first row of garden boxes (directly under the X stage) and the second row of garden boxes, Gwyneth and Cameron Diaz were already standing , with two suited and earpieced VIP security guards keeping the peace. Once a few other people started to crowd the aisle in front of the X stage, the suited and earpiece guys called in the yellow jacket guys to clear the aisle- with the exception of the VIP contingent right in front of the stage- I would assume they has special permission to be wherever they wanted! My wife was lucky enough to a) be mistaken for part of the Gwyneth/Cameron entourage, b) didn't have a cell phone or camera to take pictures of them, and c) Gwyneth and Cameron and their entourage were cool enough to let her stay at their VIP "aisle" spot (now protected by security with their backs to the entourage and facing the aisle and crowd) with them until the end of the set.

Meanwhile, everyone in the aisle from me on were asked to return to our seats. My wife was just lucky enough to make the cut given her gender, position in the aisle, and penchant to dance and be into the band and not bother the girls. One guy who blatantly tried to take a picture of them from the box in front of them was relocated to a different box by security (he was obnoxious and tried to shove his cell phone in their faces, practically. Gwyneth kindly but firmly asked him to "respect the band and stop", he didn't, and the yellow jackets walked him (I presume) to a different box. Hope that all makes sense.

Ugh. Some people are just so rude! I have been to many shows, but have never video taped any, just taken a lot of photos. I know their "routine" by now, so I take photos depending on where they are, and how good they will turn out now, rather than "just to get a photo." I've ended up with some great shots, by being ready at the right time. This week, however, I figured I had so many photos, that I took a couple of videos each night. Usually phone camera videos and even some real camera videos are just crappy quality, video and sound, that I don't even watch 99% of them on youtube. But again, I was picky about how I video'd and where I was sitting/standing at the time. I can see how it gets annoying to play to a sea of cameras instead of a sea of fans faces, smiling and singing along. Especially when the cameras are right in your face!

Aww, glad everyone had a good time, and Dianne, you are just too darn lucky all the time LOL! I wish I could have made it down there though as it was my birthday. I still hope that one day my birthday and a Coldplay show will line up - talk about the best birthday present ever! :awesome:

Aww, glad everyone had a good time, and Dianne, you are just too darn lucky all the time LOL! I wish I could have made it down there though as it was my birthday. I still hope that one day my birthday and a Coldplay show will line up - talk about the best birthday present ever! :awesome:

Hope you had a good birthday!

Just to add my 2 cents, this show was epic! I really don't know what got into me, but I was so full of energy for this one so I didn't stop jumping and dancing and singing for the entire show. It didn't hurt that the person that was supposed to be next to me in my garden box didn't show up so I had some extra room. The people around me were all very cool and into the show. I even got to dance with a celebrity to VLV, although I didn't know it at the time. I just thought she was one of those thin pretty women you see in LA. Thanks for the advice Dianne on making it to the B and C stages for those parts of the set. I just ran up and hung out in the boxes in those areas during those parts of the set and the folks in those boxes were totally cool. I'm right over Will's shoulder in Dianne's vid of UATW. I never thought any show would compare to Club Nokia, but this came awfully close.