✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Tash

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone able to get more than 1 ticket for this show during presale? Had to get two separate single tickets and hoping someone there will want to move up four rows so I can sit next to my friend, haha

I was able to get 2 tickets using the Kroq code.

Did you see the number of tickets on stubhub? Over 2200 for May 4, and 3800-3900+ for May 1 and 2. That's like 20% of the total capacity of the Hollywood Bowl. Crazy. It's like the general sale isn't even necessary anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea absolutely ridiculous. I don't have an AMEX card so wasn't able to get anything for that presale and then nothing for this. I can't believe Coldplay doesn't have a fan club that sells tickets directly to fans for actual ticket price and not have us rely on these awful scalpers and third party sources.

I can't believe how little was available for the general sale. Luckily enough I had an AmEx. Didn't realize you couldn't get VIP without an AmEx--that's outrageous. I knew the Hollywood Bowl was a little ridiculous and pricey, but stubhub basically has the entire thing on lockdown. And what are we supposed to do, pay double and triple ticket prices cos we're not magic scalpers who can somehow get their hands on amazing tickets?

A fan club would be great. Just anything that doesn't involve ticketmaster...which is an insanely idealistic dream, unfortunately.

I can't believe how little was available for the general sale. Luckily enough I had an AmEx. Didn't realize you couldn't get VIP without an AmEx--that's outrageous. I knew the Hollywood Bowl was a little ridiculous and pricey, but stubhub basically has the entire thing on lockdown. And what are we supposed to do, pay double and triple ticket prices cos we're not magic scalpers who can somehow get their hands on amazing tickets?

A fan club would be great. Just anything that doesn't involve ticketmaster...which is an insanely idealistic dream, unfortunately.

I do have tickets for May 1 and 2 (got lucky and have excellent seats), but I also have ticketmaster gift cards that I couldn't use for the Amex presale. I wanted to take my kids to May 4, and use my giftcards to pay for them, but I couldn't even get 2 together, much less 5, or even 2 and 3. Sorry kids :(

From stubhub...

Tue 05/01/2012 7:00 PM PDT

Hollywood Bowl

Los Angeles, CA Sell

Priced from: $77.00 USD

3,641 tickets left

Wed 05/02/2012 7:00 PM PDT

Hollywood Bowl

Los Angeles, CA Sell

Priced from: $73.55 USD

3,714 tickets left

Fri 05/04/2012 7:00 PM PDT

Hollywood Bowl

Los Angeles, CA Sell

Priced from: $92.00 USD

2,024 tickets left

It's outrageous how the stubhub can get so many tickets! Ticketmasters really ought to do something to prevent that from happening. It'll be great if Coldplay setup a fan club and sell tickets to us directly. (like R.E.M.)

I thought they would hold some tickets for general sale. But what is available today seems to be just leftover from last week presale. Sad for those who don't have Amex.

It's outrageous how the stubhub can get so many tickets! Ticketmasters really ought to do something to prevent that from happening. It'll be great if Coldplay setup a fan club and sell tickets to us directly. (like R.E.M.)

I thought they would hold some tickets for general sale. But what is available today seems to be just leftover from last week presale. Sad for those who don't have Amex.

Ticketmaster owns stubhub.

Edit: No I guess they don't own stub hub, but I have seen links that connect the two. Ebay owns Stubhub though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, about stubhub. I have sold and bought tickets on stubhub. While I'm not defending the availability of tickets on stubhub, one thing to consider are their fees when thinking that the scalpers are out to make a lot of $$. Stubhub charges the seller a fee of 15% on the price of every ticket sold, so just to break even sometimes, the seller must charge at least that much more than the ticket price. This doesn't excuse those sellers charging 5x face value, but that is a cost that must be considered. Also, the buyer pays an ADDITIONAL service fee of 10% just to buy the tickets, and if the tickets are hard copies, the only shipping option is FedEx 2 day, which the buyer also pays. I'm not sure if there is an additional fee for e-tickets. So stubhub makes 25% of the sales price of any ticket as their profit/fees.

I just wish there was a more equitable way to sell tickets. Maybe paperless is the way to go in the future...at least to ensure availability to most fans.

in cases like this bands typically add another show with no presale just a straight up general sale so its fair for everyone who wants to go to have a chance but seeing as how they already have 3 dates lined up in LA, 4 seems unlikely although the demand is definitely there..

Right now, between stub hub and ebay, there are roughly 10,000 tickets on sale between the 3 dates. I've been watching stub hub sales today, and I'd say maybe 500 sold today. Not sure how many have sold on ebay. But in any case, that's a HUGE number of tickets on the resale market. It really hurts the fans to have this happen.