✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Tash

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um well i'm not trying to brag or anything but i met the oxfam roadie during the VLV tour and she asked me if i wanted to volunteer this time around. of course i said yes. so i got an email from oxfam.

That's awesome!

I'm still waiting for my email to come around one of these days :D

Okay guys!

So it's just 16 days away now! Holy cow, where has the time gone?!!?

I'M SO EXCITEDDD! :)

I've only DREAMT of going to a show at the Hollywood bowl... and now I am... and it's COLDPLAY. AHHHH! Words can not even express my excitement!!!

Has anyone been to the HWB before?! How is parking and all that stuff? I would really really really like to get to meet the guys. This will be my 3rd show, and meeting them at the HWB would just be magical! Any suggestions?!

are Coldplay going to have their usual setup with the x-stage and everything? or are they going to stay to the main stage at the HWB? I'm concerned that the venue will not allow for their regular Mylo Xylotour setup.

If anyone can provide insight to my concern, it would be appreciated.

My Concern With Coldplay @ The Hollywood Bowl

My question is: How are Coldplay going to setup the stage at the HWB? I'm concerned that the venue will not be able to have the catwalk and X-stage. For me, the X-stage is very important because that makes the intimate parts of the concert more intimate. And seeing Chris run up and down it is a very exciting aspect of their concerts.

Any insight on my concern would be appreciated. :)

This is exactly why I was surprised when I heard that Coldplay chose the HWB as their venue while in LA. Just knowing how the HWB is designed, it's a great natural amphitheater for things like orchestra concert, or Bono and the Edge playing an acoustic set as was the case with the Clinton concert. But for a rock band to bring their own stage? I'm not sure how it's going to work from a technical and acoustic standpoint.

When I heard Coldplay was coming to LA, I thought they would hit up the Rose Bowl to kick of their stadium tour. Obviously, they are neither playing at the Rose Bowl nor are they playing in stadiums. However, I believe the HWB is a predominantly outdoor venue, so in the end those concerts may have more festival-like feel.

I don't know what kind of venue Hollywood Bowl is, but they did some gigs without x-stage, catwalk etc.

As an example [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVsBeoVKq3U]Coldplay - Full Concert (Radio 2 In Concert, 2011) [HQ Audio] - YouTube[/ame]

^ That would be an example of a festival type gig. If I recall, this was before they actually started touring. The HWB gigs may end up looking like this because of the space constraints. But a Coldplay gig while they are on tour looking like the above would be the equivalent of U2 performing a 360 gig without the Claw. I can't imagine Coldplay stripping back so much.

Erick, parking is very limited and horrible at the Bowl. Plus they stack park. We are probably going to park at the lot at Holllywood and Highland and either take the shuttle or we may even walk. It's less than a mile up Highland.

oh ok. i heard someone mention this. i think i parked there for the jimmy kimmel concert. or is that totally far away? you should text me more info/explain it to me! cuz i'm still super confused....

^ That would be an example of a festival type gig. If I recall, this was before they actually started touring. The HWB gigs may end up looking like this because of the space constraints. But a Coldplay gig while they are on tour looking like the above would be the equivalent of U2 performing a 360 gig without the Claw. I can't imagine Coldplay stripping back so much.

U2 did scale back certain elements of the 360 production to accomodate certain venue resrictions. I believe there was a fair amount of controversy over their croke park gigs not actually having fans all around the stage.

I'm sure they'll have to alter the production somewhat to play the bowl, but they may well come up with something different yet still cool. Knowing this band, they'll certainly try to come up with something.

There was probably some logistical reason they had to go with the Hollywood Bowl. Maybe no other suitable venues were available on the needed dates.

Hey everyone, this will be my first Coldplay concert!!! (:

I am sooo stoked about it, I've been counting the days since I first bought my tickets in January!

It kinda sucks that I'm going alone, though :(

cool! it should be awesome!!!! :lol:

you can probably make a friend there, coldplayers don't bite :sneaky:

Hey everyone, this will be my first Coldplay concert!!! (:

I am sooo stoked about it, I've been counting the days since I first bought my tickets in January!

It kinda sucks that I'm going alone, though :(

I'm seeing them alone at both San Jose shows, so I wouldn't worry. Once the lights go down, you will forget all about that!

I'm seeing them alone at both San Jose shows, so I wouldn't worry. Once the lights go down, you will forget all about that!

A-HEM! You won't be seeing them "alone" on April 28, now will you??? We'll only be 3 rows apart! Woo too! I"m so excited.

I know but we won't be next to each other :( It would be awesome if your guy's seats were in front of mine :) I'm excited too :D

We will rush the stage so it won't even matter...ooohhhh...what if we're near the ramp? OMG...I know this is the HB thread, but I'm so excited about SJ now!

Hello all, I am a long time fan (Parachutes, April 2001) but hardly ever post.

I need 1, 2, 3 or 4 tickets to the Friday Hollywood Bowl show.

Can you please help me out? :)

smithkyle@gmail

Sometimes a small amount of tickets are release on the day of the show. You can watch for that on ticketmaster. Or you can buy from StubHub. There are still over 400 tickets listed there. :)

Live Nation Sues to Stop Sales of Unofficial Coldplay Souvenirs at Hollywood Bowl Shows

Live National has filed trademark infringement papers against 11 defendants likely to sell unauthorized merchandise at the venue.

The concert company behind next week's Coldplay shows at the Hollywood Bowl is asking a federal judge to outlaw sales of counterfeit band T-shirts and other merchandise in the area.

Live Nation Merchandise Inc., a unit of the concert company created by the 2010 merger of Ticketmaster and Live Nation, filed trademark infringement papers against 11 unidentified defendants in connection with unauthorized souvenirs likely to be sold near the venue where the British band is set to perform May 1, 2 and 4.

In the complaint, Beverly Hills-based Live Nation contends that unlicensed T-shirts, hats and jerseys bearing Coldplay's trademarks are usually of such poor quality that they could damage the company's reputation.

Live Nation wants U.S. District Judge Audrey B. Collins to order that "the state police, local police or local deputy sheriffs, off-duty officers of the same, and any person acting under their supervision" shall "seize and impound any and all infringing merchandise bearing any or all of the group Coldplay's trademarks."

The order would be in effect six hours before and after any performance of the band within a 10-mile vicinity of venues where Coldplay is performing on its current tour.

Live Nation also seeks damages, litigation costs and attorney fees.

link