✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Mar-2012] Coldplay @ Amnesty International Presents: The Secret Policeman's Ball, New York, NY, U

2yuilty.jpg

Tickets

US $55.00 - US $505.00

US $55.00 Ticket + US $13.75 Fees = US $68.75 US

$505.00 Ticket + US $30.70 Fees = US $535.70

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 01/30/12 10:00 AM EST

American Express

Start: Wed, 01/25/12 10:00 AM EST

End: Sun, 01/29/12 10:00 PM EST

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British-based all-star concert to debut in NYC

NEW YORK — The Secret Policeman's Ball is letting America in on the party: The British-based music and comedy festival is coming to New York City in March.

Coldplay, John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Mumford & Sons and Russell Brand are among the acts who have signed on for the event at Radio City Music Hall on March 4. The concert will benefit Amnesty International, as it has since it started back in 1976 with celebrities like John Cleese. Over the years, Bono, Sting and others have participated.

This will mark the first time it's being held in New York City.

Amnesty International spokesman Andy Hackman says the organization wanted to do something really special for its 50th anniversary.

link

--------

Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/secretpoliceman

:(:cry:

amex pre sale sold out and i think it was just the high priced ones, i actually called (old school baby) and the lady said omg they all sold out in the first 5 mins

(even though I was on 2 seconds after 10 am grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

edit - ticketmaster lies lies lies!!!

:(:cry:

amex pre sale sold out and i think it was just the high priced ones, i actually called (old school baby) and the lady said omg they all sold out in the first 5 mins

(even though I was on 2 seconds after 10 am grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

I'm sorry Christa. I know the feeling :( Not for this show, but for the iHeart Radio benefit, I could NOT get tickets to show up. Lucky for me, my husband at work managed to get a single ticket for me. I wish there was a better system. Keep trying, though, for the general sale...

spoli.jpg

Coldplay to perform at Secret Policeman's Ball in NYC

25 January 2012 4:00 pm

Band among comedians and musicians appearing at Amnesty International event on 4 March

news_line.png

Good afternoon. We're very pleased to report that Coldplay will be performing at Amnesty International's Secret Policeman's Ball at New York's Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, 4 March. Other acts appearing at the gala include Mumford & Sons, Jon Stewart, Russell Brand, Stephen Colbert and Reggie Watts.

Since John Cleese and friends brought together a star-studded mix of comedians and rock stars for The Secret Policeman’s Ball in 1976, the legendary Amnesty International show has championed the right to free speech for people across the world. The New York event - the first Secret Policeman's Ball to be held outside the UK - will help spread Amnesty International’s message to an even bigger audience.

“The Secret Policeman’s Ball is a reinforcement of the fundamental rights we’re all entitled to as citizens of the world,” said Andy Hackman, of Amnesty International. “It’s an honour that so many luminaries have agreed to join us and celebrate the right to life, liberty, security and freedom of opinion and expression.”

"We are so happy to be involved with the 2012 Secret Policeman's Ball," said Chris Martin. "We have followed and supported Amnesty International - and the amazing work they do around the world in the field of human rights - for years, and it is a pleasure to be asked to contribute to such an inspiring event."

Tickets for the event will be sold via Ticketmaster, with an American Express customer pre-sale running from today until 29 January, and the general sale beginning on 30 January.

To find out more about The Secret Policeman’s Ball visit facebook.com/secretpoliceman and follow the Secret Policeman on Twitter at twitter.com/secretpoliceman.

Anchorman

Didn't know this was happening until I got the email from AMEX, I jumped right on it and got 1 cheapish ticket, waaaayyy up there in the 3rd Mezzanine but at least Row A in the 3rd Mezz! This was shortly after 11, so maybe people should keep trying? Should be a great night! :)

PS: I am sure it won't be a full Coldplay set.

I'm sorry Christa. I know the feeling :( Not for this show, but for the iHeart Radio benefit, I could NOT get tickets to show up. Lucky for me, my husband at work managed to get a single ticket for me. I wish there was a better system. Keep trying, though, for the general sale...

Thanks Diane, I'll keep trying though!

edit ooh its now offering me orchestra at $537 each, no can do :(

• 4 weeks later...

according to fb some tix have just been released

The Secret Policeman's Ball

Pssst... between you and me, a small number of production kill tickets have been released to Ticketmaster. They're $250, but we promise they're worth every cent. http://bit.ly/wYtR14

safe_image.php?d=AQANZOIgITXn6ujB&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.ticketmaster.com%2Fdbimages%2F100714a.jpgAmnesty International Presents: The Secret Policeman's Ball

www.ticketmaster.comon Ticketmaster

what's Production Kill?

Still have not gotten tickets yet. I have hope, prices are dropping somewhat on stubhub.

A friend passed along this offer for $1500 VIP tickets with pre-party, a bargain compared to the $10K or $15K tickets though still way out of my range.

-VIP seats are located in the center orchestra, rows 5 to 15, sections 3 to 5.

-The pre-party at Radio City begins at 5pm and ends at 6:30pm. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served.

-The concert (Secret Policeman’s Ball) begins at 7pm and ends at 10pm.

-Dress code is smart casual.