February 21, 201214 yr Who thinks Coldplay should have never chosen Rihanna to sing PoC? who thinks it would have been better to choose someone different? who/ Or no one at all?:\ ( i personally, love the song and i think that Rihanna did a wonderful job with them. Chris and Rianna's voice blended very well and made a awesome song even though i don't really care for Rihanna, i have to say she did a pretty good job. just wanted to get some of your opinions)
February 21, 201214 yr I agree with you but I'm sick of this discussion. Every other YT comment on POC is about this. Solo Chrissy version is crap. That performance at Rock Am Ring (right?) was one of their worst. Both vocally and they didn't play anything live. I don't think they're ever gonna perform it on MX Tour.
February 22, 201214 yr I think it works well on the record but Chris should have sang a bit more on it, maybe one of the times of "I could have been the princess....".
February 23, 201214 yr Author "I could have been the princess....". That would be pretty awkward if Chris sang that :l
February 23, 201214 yr ^It would be so weird if he'd sing it alone. It's meant to be a duet. It isn't like their Jay-z collab. Anyway, I think I said that already in another thread, meaning that this topic has been debated a lot of times. Like the possible EP. :|
February 23, 201214 yr ^Oh, by the way, I don't know this has already been mentioned somewhere, but there's this thing called Car Kids. Anyone heard of it?
February 24, 201214 yr I think it works well on the record but Chris should have sang a bit more on it, maybe one of the times of "I could have been the princess....". He would have had to sing different lyrics, so it would have sounded pretty messy. In regard to the topic, I back the band's decision. I think their performance of the song was really crappy when they did it solo. It didn't feel right, and I recall Chris saying the same thing. At the end of the day, if the band themselves feel awkward playing it with just Chris - they shouldn't be doing it like that.
February 26, 201214 yr I say get rid of PoC altogether :dozey: but . . . There should be a female singing some parts of the song (it would be very awkward for Chris to sing 'I could've been a princess', no?), but in my humble opinion, it should be some other female. :shrug:
February 26, 201214 yr They could always have Emile Sandi (sorry if spelled wrong) do the female vocals on POC. She's supporting them at multiple shows so it would be possible.
March 29, 201214 yr They could always have Emile Sandi (sorry if spelled wrong) do the female vocals on POC. She's supporting them at multiple shows so it would be possible. That would sound great, I think! Personally, I think Chris and Rihanna's voices sounded perfect together, and I actually think the song wouldn't be the same at all without her. As stated above here somewhere, it is meant to be a duet.
March 29, 201214 yr Who thinks Coldplay should have never chosen Rihanna to sing PoC? who thinks it would have been better to choose someone different? who/ Or no one at all?:\ ( i personally, love the song and i think that Rihanna did a wonderful job with them. Chris and Rianna's voice blended very well and made a awesome song even though i don't really care for Rihanna, i have to say she did a pretty good job. just wanted to get some of your opinions) it's my choice http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74868
June 4, 201214 yr I don't know why people are being uptight about it, I feel like many are going against it just because it is Rihanna this big pop star and to them it cheapens the band but I think the song is great. And Chris is right, when he discusses Rihanna he is enthused because for a pop star she does push boundaries and is versatile. Their voices work very well together.
June 4, 201214 yr Like the song,but the video really sucks.Though Chris looks so cool in it.But Rihanna ruin it.
June 4, 201214 yr I don't know why people are being uptight about it, I feel like many are going against it just because it is Rihanna this big pop star and to them it cheapens the band but I think the song is great. And Chris is right, when he discusses Rihanna he is enthused because for a pop star she does push boundaries and is versatile. Their voices work very well together. I also feel the reason some people really dislike POC is because Rihanna is in it. Its not my favourite song but i think its ok. I'm open to whatever Coldplay wants to do, they can't always please everyone ( and they never will please everyone). Some people love POC,some hate it. Rihanna's voice is good with Chris, ( not live though)
June 4, 201214 yr I also feel the reason some people really dislike POC is because Rihanna is in it. Its not my favourite song but i think its ok. I'm open to whatever Coldplay wants to do, they can't always please everyone ( and they never will please everyone). Some people love POC,some hate it. Rihanna's voice is good with Chris, ( not live though) I completely agree. To each is own, but don't hate a song just because an artist you don't like (especially if its an unreasonable reason). Rihanna is pretty great compared to lots of other mainstreamers.
June 4, 201214 yr could someone post a good, like fuck wow that's amazing, live version of POC? I heard it once ages ago and never listened to it since because I just didn't like it.
June 4, 201214 yr For some reason I always thought the Rock Im Park version was awful and I didn't understand why everyone was being balistic about it last summer. I was even quite disappointed when I saw it was on the tracklist instead of some other unrelased song (like Car Kids). The album version is ok though. It's not a masterpiece but it's also not their worst by far
June 5, 201214 yr I also feel the reason some people really dislike POC is because Rihanna is in it. Its not my favourite song but i think its ok. I'm open to whatever Coldplay wants to do, they can't always please everyone ( and they never will please everyone). Some people love POC,some hate it. Rihanna's voice is good with Chris, ( not live though) I completely agree
Create an account or sign in to comment