✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rihanna or No Rihanna?

PrincessOfChina <3

Who thinks Coldplay should have never chosen Rihanna to sing PoC?

who thinks it would have been better to choose someone different? who/

Or no one at all?:\

( i personally, love the song and i think that Rihanna did a wonderful job with them. Chris and Rianna's voice blended very well and made a awesome song even though i don't really care for Rihanna, i have to say she did a pretty good job. just wanted to get some of your opinions)

I agree with you but I'm sick of this discussion. Every other YT comment on POC is about this.

Solo Chrissy version is crap. That performance at Rock Am Ring (right?) was one of their worst.

Both vocally and they didn't play anything live. I don't think they're ever gonna perform it on MX Tour.

I think it works well on the record but Chris should have sang a bit more on it, maybe one of the times of "I could have been the princess....".

He would have had to sing different lyrics, so it would have sounded pretty messy.

In regard to the topic, I back the band's decision. I think their performance of the song was really crappy when they did it solo. It didn't feel right, and I recall Chris saying the same thing.

At the end of the day, if the band themselves feel awkward playing it with just Chris - they shouldn't be doing it like that.

• 1 month later...
They could always have Emile Sandi (sorry if spelled wrong) do the female vocals on POC. She's supporting them at multiple shows so it would be possible.

That would sound great, I think! Personally, I think Chris and Rihanna's voices sounded perfect together, and I actually think the song wouldn't be the same at all without her. As stated above here somewhere, it is meant to be a duet.

Who thinks Coldplay should have never chosen Rihanna to sing PoC?

who thinks it would have been better to choose someone different? who/

Or no one at all?:\

( i personally, love the song and i think that Rihanna did a wonderful job with them. Chris and Rianna's voice blended very well and made a awesome song even though i don't really care for Rihanna, i have to say she did a pretty good job. just wanted to get some of your opinions)

it's my choice

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74868

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why people are being uptight about it, I feel like many are going against it just because it is Rihanna this big pop star and to them it cheapens the band but I think the song is great. And Chris is right, when he discusses Rihanna he is enthused because for a pop star she does push boundaries and is versatile. Their voices work very well together.

I don't know why people are being uptight about it, I feel like many are going against it just because it is Rihanna this big pop star and to them it cheapens the band but I think the song is great. And Chris is right, when he discusses Rihanna he is enthused because for a pop star she does push boundaries and is versatile. Their voices work very well together.

I also feel the reason some people really dislike POC is because Rihanna is in it. Its not my favourite song but i think its ok. I'm open to whatever Coldplay wants to do, they can't always please everyone ( and they never will please everyone). Some people love POC,some hate it.

Rihanna's voice is good with Chris, ( not live though)

I also feel the reason some people really dislike POC is because Rihanna is in it. Its not my favourite song but i think its ok. I'm open to whatever Coldplay wants to do, they can't always please everyone ( and they never will please everyone). Some people love POC,some hate it.

I completely agree. To each is own, but don't hate a song just because an artist you don't like (especially if its an unreasonable reason). Rihanna is pretty great compared to lots of other mainstreamers.

For some reason I always thought the Rock Im Park version was awful and I didn't understand why everyone was being balistic about it last summer. I was even quite disappointed when I saw it was on the tracklist instead of some other unrelased song (like Car Kids). The album version is ok though. It's not a masterpiece but it's also not their worst by far

I completely agree