✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay 'Regret' Naming Album Mylo Xyloto

Tash

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing is mundane about this record so why should its title be? besides, i'm a foreign fan and i can pronounce it. :P so please coldplay come to serbia!!!!!!!

Yes they will come to Serbia because you can pronounce the name of the album. And only for that reason. CONGRATULATIONS

What I find really strange is that anyone who actually WATCHED the interview would know he was joking, like everybody laughed because it was so obviously a joke, yet this bullshit still shows up :no: Stupid media trying to sensationalize a joke, it's ridiculous

Now we'll be getting loads of articles like this:

Coldplay's Chris Martin denies 'Mylo Xyloto' album name regret

Sigh!

UGH :bomb:

Well at least the article says: "However, Martin has now clarified that his remark was a joke and that the band have no regrets over the title of their fifth studio album."

But they still make stupid sensational titles :bomb:

The worst is that comment:

Charles Leek · Uni. Salford

The amount of times this moron says something then denies saying it.

He didn't claim it, he just joked about it for Chris'sake! :bomb:

^Yes! I mean, Mylo Zyloto, it isn't so hard to say...The only trick here is to get that the X is pronounced Z, but then, it's not really difficult...

yes pronounce X a referance to X & Y

is also a title and have not much sense

and there are so many X on stage it's easy to pronouced Mylo Xyloto .

That is a CM joke.

The joke I like best he said recently is about how he didn't eat any tangerines today so his oxidants are happy.

(Tangerines are an anti-oxidant of free radicals in the blood.)

:laugh1:

He is really funny. Have you seen the video from the arena tour last December just before they play Don't Panic. He says something like: "this is from our very first record, which was released way back in 1976". You have to watch it, it's the way he says it. :D:lol::P

I'll try and find it now an upload it. :thinking:

Chris on Twitter:

No regrets at all about Mylo Xyloto as album title. We love it. Only regret attempting JOKE on early morning TV. CM

:laugh3: Well said, Chris.

Lord, yes. Especially on the types of morning shows like the one the guys stopped in at. There's a reason I usually avoid watching GMA or "Today" (especially the last hour of that one-dear lord...) or whatnot unless somebody I like is to be on there.

*Bangs head on desk over people's lack of humor*

Coldplay 'Regret' Naming Album Mylo Xyloto

coldplay-2012-brit-awards-held-at-the_5797981.jpg

Rockers Coldplay are starting to regret naming their new album Mylo Xyloto - because their foreign fans can't pronounce the cryptic title.

The Yellow hitmakers have shied away from defining the meaning of the title ever since its release last October (11), with frontman Chris Martin insisting the group simply "invented two words that you couldn't even Google".

But the world-famous British band is now beginning to see the pitfalls of selecting such a bizarre name and Martin confesses he's wishing the group went with something more mundane.

Talking about the success of the record on U.S. breakfast show Good Morning America on Friday (02Mar12), he said, "It's just something that we thought looked really good but everywhere we go around the world people pronounce it in the most crazy ways and we're beginning to regret it now."

link

Really? You don't regret naming it Mylo Xyloto because it's a stupid, facepalm-worthy name, but you regret it because it's difficult to pronounce? :wtf:

Really? You don't regret naming it Mylo Xyloto because it's a stupid, facepalm-worthy name, but you regret it because it's difficult to pronounce? :wtf:

Must you hate on coldplay every chance you get? I like you on the muse thread, but here you are just kinda obnoxious :kiss:

You just wait, Muse's LP6 will turn out to be called something equally bizarre and you will go around proclaiming it as genius! :P

Talking about the media blowing this up .... was listening to the radio and the DJ said "I will soon reveal which band admits to regret making their last album. Yes, how honest of them to admit!”

And I knew he meant Coldplay and got a bit angry because this is not what Coldplay did. Then they played Paradise and after that he said “of course it’s Coldplay, but it’s more refined than that. They actually said they hate the name of the album and regret naming it like that because foreigners don’t know how to pronounce it.”

Hating an album =/= hating a title name :angry:

Hating a title name =/= starting to regret calling an album something :angry:

For anyone who thinks Mylo Xyloto is complicated (If you can't pronounce it, why not just say MX?) here's Fiona Apple's grand plan:

http://www.nme.com/news/fiona-apple/62492

Fiona Apple has revealed that she will release her new album in late June and that the record will be named after a 23-word long poem.

The album, which is Apple's fourth, has the full title of 'The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw, And Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do'. It is the follow-up to her 2005 third album 'Extraordinary Machine'.

:stunned:

Did you even READ past that post? If so, you realize is was a joke the media missed. If not, you're no better than them. Taking one post out of context? Sounds exactly like something the press might do. :p