✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay 'Regret' Naming Album Mylo Xyloto

Tash

coldplay-2012-brit-awards-held-at-the_5797981.jpg

Rockers Coldplay are starting to regret naming their new album Mylo Xyloto - because their foreign fans can't pronounce the cryptic title.

The Yellow hitmakers have shied away from defining the meaning of the title ever since its release last October (11), with frontman Chris Martin insisting the group simply "invented two words that you couldn't even Google".

But the world-famous British band is now beginning to see the pitfalls of selecting such a bizarre name and Martin confesses he's wishing the group went with something more mundane.

Talking about the success of the record on U.S. breakfast show Good Morning America on Friday (02Mar12), he said, "It's just something that we thought looked really good but everywhere we go around the world people pronounce it in the most crazy ways and we're beginning to regret it now."

link

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pff :phu:

MX is a perfectly fine name.

It's weird. When they do something common, media will say they're not creative enough, but when they do something unusual, that the media don't get, the media will say that it's just weird. And then when Chris jokes about it, they say he "admits" that they shouldn't have named it that way (suggesting that they were right for calling it weird)! :bomb:

This post doesn't make much sense, btw, sorry about that :shame:

LOL.. it's ridiculous, everything he says is taken completely out of context.. and the jokes are always ignored. :rolleyes: :no: I dunno..

:nod: :angry:

It happens all the time...same happened after the press conference at the Brits...pff :no:

It's weird. When they do something common, media will say they're not creative enough, but when they do something unusual, that the media don't get, the media will say that it's just weird. And then when Chris jokes about it, they say he "admits" that they shouldn't have named it that way (suggesting that they were right for calling it weird)! :bomb:

Your explanation of all that back and forth confusion makes perfect sense (does THAT make sense :lol:?).

Yeah. It was kind of a joking remark. But I've no doubt he probably is also a bit like, "Oh, geez, it's just a title, people." too :p. I mean, it's not the first time an album's had a strange name.

I understood what u said, and I agree

The relationship between Chris and the media is like that of Sheldon and Leonard from the Big Bang theory; Chris needs a sign to hold up whenever he's being sarcastic becuase the media doesn't get it and takes it seriously

:nod::nod:

The relationship between Chris and the media is like that of Sheldon and Leonard from the Big Bang theory; Chris needs a sign to hold up whenever he's being sarcastic becuase the media doesn't get it and takes it seriously

Hahaha :nod:. Well said!

Exactly!

coldplay-2012-brit-awards-held-at-the_5797981.jpg

Rockers Coldplay are starting to regret naming their new album Mylo Xyloto - because their foreign fans can't pronounce the cryptic title.

The Yellow hitmakers have shied away from defining the meaning of the title ever since its release last October (11), with frontman Chris Martin insisting the group simply "invented two words that you couldn't even Google".

But the world-famous British band is now beginning to see the pitfalls of selecting such a bizarre name and Martin confesses he's wishing the group went with something more mundane.

Talking about the success of the record on U.S. breakfast show Good Morning America on Friday (02Mar12), he said, "It's just something that we thought looked really good but everywhere we go around the world people pronounce it in the most crazy ways and we're beginning to regret it now."

link

Chris Martin cannot use any slither of irony or sarcasm at all. Every time he does, this happens.

Hehe, in Colbert's defense, however, he knows full well about the subject at hand in his interviews. He just likes to play dumb because that's how his character he creates on the show is. He's just having fun with Chris for the sake of the show 'cause it's all part of the show's comedy, and is as well-versed in irony/sarcasm as Chris is.

I LOVED it when Coldplay showed up on Stephen Colbert's show. Stephen and Chris, two of my favorite men/crushes talking to each other :heart:. Sigh.

LOL.. yes!

It makes sense, don't worry, I feel the same about it. :)

LOL.. it's ridiculous, everything he says is taken completely out of context.. and the jokes are always ignored. :rolleyes: :no: I dunno..

LOL.. yes!

Pff yes I hate that soooo much.

And I think MX is a great name, and once you've heard them pronounce the name it's not that difficlut to pronounce. It's a very original name.

And yes, people/media never ever understand what Chris wants to say. They don't understand his humour or maybe they just don't want to understand?? :inquisitive: