✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vote for Coldplay - MTV Musical March Madness (SECOND ROUND! Coheed & Cambria vs. Coldplay)

Coeurli

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those cheaters!!!! there was an article where it mentioned a similar thing that happened when it was tokio hotel vs arcade fire. Some of arcade fires fans were running a script that added an unfairly amount of votes and apparently MTV caught on to the cheaters and adjusted the votes fairly. I don't remember the link to the article but a simple google search may help. I just hope MTV realizes that the coheed and cambria fans are also cheating!

Here it is

But first, let's address the allegations lobbed by Tokio Hotel's fervent fanbase. After jumping out to a huge lead over fifth-seeded Arcade Fire in their first-round matchup (something like 140,000 votes), TH's supporters watched in abject horror as the Fire quickly closed the gap and eventually took the lead. Gains of this size don't happen every day, so we started getting a lot of feedback from Tokio fans, most claiming that there was something fishy happening with the votes (of course, others just said we were part of a massive conspiracy against their beloved Kaulitz brothers).

Since the integrity of MMM is our top priority, we investigated, and it turns out those fans were right. It seems some overzealous, web-savvy fans were helping swing things in Arcade Fire's favor, writing scripts that repeatedly voted for AF ... and we mean repeatedly (like 90,000 times each). And while that level of cheating was definitely inspired, well, it's still cheating, so we scrubbed all the votes in question, and returned Tokio Hotel to their rightful lead. They're up by some 200,000 votes at the moment, and appear a lock to advance to the second round. We'll be monitoring things much closer from here on out, but, for the moment, all is right with the world. And please, let's keep it clean, folks. Cheaters never win.

It mentions TH fans telling MTV about it. Should we do that or what. I assume they'll find out but I don't know.

I made a printscreen of the message I quoted. If anyone wants to contact MTV and needs it, let me know :)

I don't really know how to contact them. To post on their website I think you need a Facebook or Twitter, of which I have neither.:\

Someone probally should though.

are they also using bots? fuck....

maybe some of us should also do it so we can gain more? cuz i have been using a spyboot with a IP-blender.. so that i have different IP-adresses for eatch spybot vote... guess i am up in 4,5k right now.

anyone want the instructions and the program send me a message.

i think that we should use spybot with ip-blender if we should have any chance.... i can see that coheed and tokio hotel have some sort of alliance. not good at all for us!

quote: "No. Coheed and Tokio Hotel work together until they face off. "

quote: " We Lead not follow! We all work together as a team and when face off comes then we battle."

and quote: " Umm if you were here the years prier you would know of a thing called Humanoids of the Fence. I like Coheed as a band. So that is why I vote for them. I also love Tokio Hotel. Green Day is fun to listen to as well. Although I don't listen to them as often at the other bands I have named. I have to be in the right mood to listen to Green Day. But I still buy their albums when they make a new one. I am so happy that I have a Target when it comes to CD's. Walmart has only edited music that's why."

what you guys think about their alliance? should we get someone to work togheter with?

its not like we arent using bots either, just saying.

I hope you're the only one and i want you to stop! We want to win this in a fair way. I don't think the coldplay boys will be proud of winning if they knew there has been cheated.

And i think we should indeed twitter to that person! What will we say?

Oh, I am blocked. I open eight pages and totally voted for 69 times. It only increase 0.01%. (35.5%-35.51%) I think it will drop so fast.:cry::cry:

I calculate that we have to vote over 199,962 times if we want to win. The sum is so big. If we vote 69 times and at that time we will be blocked, we have to have over 3000 people voting together at least!:thinking:

Oh, I am blocked. I open eight pages and totally voted for 69 times. It only increase 0.01%. (35.5%-35.51%) I think it will drop so fast.:cry::cry:

I calculate that we have to vote over 199,962 times if we want to win. The sum is so big. If we vote 69 times and at that time we will be blocked, we have to have over 3000 people voting together at least!:thinking:

It's an unfair fight b/c the other side is blatantly cheating. There's nothing we can do about it unfortunately. At least we tried, but we shouldn't stoop to their level.

I hadn't even heard of coheed and cembria before, but I listened to a song of theirs and WOOF! Its terrible, we HAVE to beat them those self righteous cheaters. Oh no Ive been macroing the entire time for Coldplay :( I hope they don't find out and disqualify my votes Ive but in like 4k...