✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vote for Coldplay - MTV Musical March Madness (SECOND ROUND! Coheed & Cambria vs. Coldplay)

Coeurli

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, any competition that allows people to vote more than once is doomed to failure. The winner should be the band that has the most fans, not the band whose fans have the most patience to vote repeatedly, or the most bots voting for them. IMO, such competitions shouldn't be taken very seriously, so we shouldn't care whether Coldplay wins or not.

To be honest, any competition that allows people to vote more than once is doomed to failure. The winner should be the band that has the most fans, not the band whose fans have the most patience to vote repeatedly, or the most bots voting for them. IMO, such competitions shouldn't be taken very seriously, so we shouldn't care whether Coldplay wins or not.

^ this.

yeah but on the other hand.. with this kind of voting you find out wich fans are the most dedicated.. clicking 1 time on coldplay, doens't have to mean you're a big fan and when you have to posibility to vote more then once, and you do, you find out who has te most dedicated fans.. Unless people start cheating. Stupid C&C fans.

Hey. I'm a big Coheed fan over on the Coheed boards, and signed up to clarify a few things because it kills me to see you guys making quick generalizations about the band based on the actions of one of our users :\ For one, we are NOT all cheating. The guy who was found to have cheated had his post deleted to prevent people from copying him, and he has been warned not to do it again or he will be banned. I hope you guys will realize that just because one person cheats, doesn't mean we all cheat. It looks like at least one of you cheated too, but that has no bearing on my opinion of Coldplay's music, nor does it even affect my opinion of Coldplay's fans. Any fanbase has "that guy." I'm sorry that's the only guy you seem to have noticed.

Coheed and Cambria has an extremely dedicated fangroup, and we have been (manually!) voting nonstop. If you're interested in the music, Coheed is best listened to in album format - a single generally takes away from the context and story underlying the discography. I'd recommend obtaining 'In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3' or 'Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1.' and giving it a listen with a good pair of headphones. Go ahead and do it while you vote for Coldplay - we don't mind! If nothing else, you'll see what inspires so much dedication, but I suspect that many of you will like it :)

This is one thing I really feel obligated to address. If this was just a contest to see who has the most fans, they could skip the whole thing and look at which band has the most "likes" on Facebook. If that's what you want, you guys lose too - Paramore has a million more likes than you do, Green Day three million more, Metallica five million more. We all know and agree that Coldplay's better than any of those bands, but if it's a numbers game you want, you'd lose too. You'd be fighting against Ke$ha, with whom you are just about tied with on Facebook, to keep fourth place. And be happy Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, etc. aren't in the running. There would be absolutely no contest. Do you still want a numbers game? Is that fair?

I do agree that the contest is a bit silly. For us, it's a chance for a small, fairly unknown band like Coheed to have a moment in the spotlight. But it really doesn't matter who wins, as long as we're all respectful and get a chance to hear new music :)

Yeah, nice post Coheed Fan. :thumbsup: I agree it sucks when one person ruins the chance of a fair competition for everyone else. :nod:

I didn't mean that a 'numbers game' was the way to go - as you said, that would be extremely unfair. But ultimately it's a lot more fair than something where people can just use macros to vote. In the end, there is no perfectly fair way to vote for the best band and - as clichéd as it may sound - all that matters is your own opinion.

In this case I don't care which band wins but if Coheed get their moment in the spotlight as you put it, then that's fine by me :)

Woah, the last thing I suspected was to have a coheed fan at our forum. Nontheless, it's nice to have some perspective on things and ya know what? It's alright if we don't win, the real winners are the fans, us coldplayers who get to listen to such great music by a talented band.(I know this is super cliché and corny but it is true)

Hey. I'm a big Coheed fan over on the Coheed boards, and signed up to clarify a few things because it kills me to see you guys making quick generalizations about the band based on the actions of one of our users :\ For one, we are NOT all cheating. The guy who was found to have cheated had his post deleted to prevent people from copying him, and he has been warned not to do it again or he will be banned. I hope you guys will realize that just because one person cheats, doesn't mean we all cheat. It looks like at least one of you cheated too, but that has no bearing on my opinion of Coldplay's music, nor does it even affect my opinion of Coldplay's fans. Any fanbase has "that guy." I'm sorry that's the only guy you seem to have noticed.

Coheed and Cambria has an extremely dedicated fangroup, and we have been (manually!) voting nonstop. If you're interested in the music, Coheed is best listened to in album format - a single generally takes away from the context and story underlying the discography. I'd recommend obtaining 'In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3' or 'Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1.' and giving it a listen with a good pair of headphones. Go ahead and do it while you vote for Coldplay - we don't mind! If nothing else, you'll see what inspires so much dedication, but I suspect that many of you will like it :)

This is one thing I really feel obligated to address. If this was just a contest to see who has the most fans, they could skip the whole thing and look at which band has the most "likes" on Facebook. If that's what you want, you guys lose too - Paramore has a million more likes than you do, Green Day three million more, Metallica five million more. We all know and agree that Coldplay's better than any of those bands, but if it's a numbers game you want, you'd lose too. You'd be fighting against Ke$ha, with whom you are just about tied with on Facebook, to keep fourth place. And be happy Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, etc. aren't in the running. There would be absolutely no contest. Do you still want a numbers game? Is that fair?

I do agree that the contest is a bit silly. For us, it's a chance for a small, fairly unknown band like Coheed to have a moment in the spotlight. But it really doesn't matter who wins, as long as we're all respectful and get a chance to hear new music :)

When I saw that a CaC fan posted I thought......hater

but after reading it, you summed up everything very nicely! Now if only MTV will get rid of the fake votes and make it a fair race.

has anybody contacted MTV about this foul play? I ask because C&C have jumped ahead 30%, so obviously the bot's votes haven't been removed

I made an account to address the same thing as my fellow cotf. He pretty much covered everything but contacting mtv? If you've ever actually watched mmm in the past you'd know mtv addresses the bots used in all polls and removes those votes. On top of that jumping that much doesn't indicate foul play at all. Every round we've been in starts slow and we come back in large amounts last time we won in the finals we managed over 100k votes within a few hours according to mtv who actually stated they discounted ours and mcr bots.

We aren't a pack of cheaters, just extremely hardcore with our fanbase. Look at Tokio hotel even, mtv referred to both of us as "mmm powerhouses" in a article.

That's my input.

Woah, the last thing I suspected was to have a coheed fan at our forum. Nontheless, it's nice to have some perspective on things and ya know what? It's alright if we don't win, the real winners are the fans, us coldplayers who get to listen to such great music by a talented band.(I know this is super cliché and corny but it is true)

This! I've already moved on. Coldplay will go back to playing sold out stadiums and arenas next month and elating tens of thousands of us fans all over the world. I'm not prepared to learn anything about some obscure band right now. Maybe 10 yrs from now if they're still in business I might google them.

Truly said, this was so obvious. The voting system they are using is pretty simple. I have to admit that I also wrote a bot for this, but I didn't use it (and I won't). If we lose, we can at least say that all good bands lost this game. :D (Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, Muse, Kings Of Leon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foster The People, Foo Fighters, U2, Black Keys). Even Radiohead seems to lose against Fucked Up - dafuq?

This! I've already moved on. Coldplay will go back to playing sold out stadiums and arenas next month and elating tens of thousands of us fans all over the world. I'm not prepared to learn anything about some obscure band right now. Maybe 10 yrs from now if they're still in business I might google them.

See you in ten years ;)

yeah ;)