✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vote for Coldplay - MTV Musical March Madness (SECOND ROUND! Coheed & Cambria vs. Coldplay)

Coeurli

there are alot of things that are wrong about MTV March Madness, but good god, where do all the hoards of Tokio Hotel fans come from?

Tokio Hotel fans are almost all about 12-17 years old (truth, no joke). I guess they don't really have something to work after school and because they love the band (I don't believe that they seriously love their music because it's simply shit) they vote for them all day and night long, which is impossible for most of us because we have other things to do than to win such a competition.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that the contest is a bit silly. For us, it's a chance for a small, fairly unknown band like Coheed to have a moment in the spotlight. But it really doesn't matter who wins, as long as we're all respectful and get a chance to hear new music :)

Well said! :)

I'm totally gonna check them out!

I believe we stopped vooting? It's sad.. And i cant help that i cant stop thinking the c&c fan came here acting nicely and made us believe we had no chance while maybe we had:p

Is this clear? Im lying in a parc in the sun and not in the best english typing conditions

I believe we stopped vooting? It's sad.. And i cant help that i cant stop thinking the c&c fan came here acting nicely and made us believe we had no chance while maybe we had:p

Sorry, that wasn't my intention! :( Though from the way votes sort of evened out at a steady level, I think most of us stopped voting too xD

As for the cheating thing, it's really only one or two people who mentioned using bots, and they've been punished... we don't allow any discussion of cheating on our forums, so it's definitely not a community thing. Sorry that happened :\ Hopefully MTV gets rid of the bot votes and lets us see what the results would have been. I doubt that the outcome would change (there are only a very few cheaters on either side, and they probably cancel out), but it would be cool to see the fair score regardless. Anyway, it's been a nice round, and it's been really cool to see what kind of things you guys had to say. You have a really neat community! In the spirit of the competition I re-listened to Viva la Vida (album, not the song) and realized just how much I liked that album (and Prospekt's March - beautiful!) Makes me want to get a hold of that new album and give it a try, haha. Anyway, maybe we'll get a rematch next year? :)

Sorry, that wasn't my intention! :( Though from the way votes sort of evened out at a steady level, I think most of us stopped voting too xD

As for the cheating thing, it's really only one or two people who mentioned using bots, and they've been punished... we don't allow any discussion of cheating on our forums, so it's definitely not a community thing. Sorry that happened :\ Hopefully MTV gets rid of the bot votes and lets us see what the results would have been. I doubt that the outcome would change (there are only a very few cheaters on either side, and they probably cancel out), but it would be cool to see the fair score regardless. Anyway, it's been a nice round, and it's been really cool to see what kind of things you guys had to say. You have a really neat community! In the spirit of the competition I re-listened to Viva la Vida (album, not the song) and realized just how much I liked that album (and Prospekt's March - beautiful!) Makes me want to get a hold of that new album and give it a try, haha. Anyway, maybe we'll get a rematch next year? :)

Thanks for the nice words ;) But still, next year we'll kick your asses! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coheed Fan;5263790

Sorry, that wasn't my intention! Though from the way votes sort of evened out at a steady level, I think most of us stopped voting too xD

As for the cheating thing, it's really only one or two people who mentioned using bots, and they've been punished... we don't allow any discussion of cheating on our forums, so it's definitely not a community thing. Sorry that happened Hopefully MTV gets rid of the bot votes and lets us see what the results would have been. I doubt that the outcome would change (there are only a very few cheaters on either side, and they probably cancel out), but it would be cool to see the fair score regardless. Anyway, it's been a nice round, and it's been really cool to see what kind of things you guys had to say. You have a really neat community! In the spirit of the competition I re-listened to Viva la Vida (album, not the song) and realized just how much I liked that album (and Prospekt's March - beautiful!) Makes me want to get a hold of that new album and give it a try, haha. Anyway, maybe we'll get a rematch next year?

Thanks for the nice words ;) But still, next year we'll kick your asses! :lol:

haha i'm still sceptical. But indeed, next year we'll kick your asses.

Thanks for such a nice post! :awesome: For once we don't have fans of other artists coming here to bitch us out, one came here to actually create some peace

Hello everybody,

I am a Coheed and Cambria fan and want to also apologize for any of the fans that were cheating. That is the not the way the fanbase should behave itself.

Unfortunately, I think many people might be turned off to Coheed because of that and that is a shame. Coheed can sometimes be a lot heavier than CP but they are extremely diverse and probably have some songs and albums that people would enjoy. Here is a recent video of Claudio Sanchez performing a new song by himself on an acoustic guitar: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmsua-OLY_8]Sentry The Defiant - YouTube[/ame]

If you have the time, at least give them an honest listen.

Let me also add: I watched a CP live show today on TV today and really enjoyed it.

Hello everybody,

I am a Coheed and Cambria fan and want to also apologize for any of the fans that were cheating. That is the not the way the fanbase should behave itself.

Unfortunately, I think many people might be turned off to Coheed because of that and that is a shame. Coheed can sometimes be a lot heavier than CP but they are extremely diverse and probably have some songs and albums that people would enjoy. Here is a recent video of Claudio Sanchez performing a new song by himself on an acoustic guitar:

If you have the time, at least give them an honest listen.

Let me also add: I watched a CP live show today on TV today and really enjoyed it.

Before I watch this clip, I want you to tell me which Coldplay show you watched.:)