✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

Beautiful world of coldplay

Since people have been asking about it; I'll post some pictures of my collection. These pictures are kind of old and it's actually bigger now thant it was back then so if you are looking for something in particular, let me know and I might just have it.

http://nl.tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=IvQA4fsB4ib26Frg1Hqhkw%3D%3D

i'll try to take some updated pictures tomorrow

Hello, there...! Just wanted to ask if can i buy your "beautiful world of coldplay"? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, there...! Just wanted to ask if can i buy your "beautiful world of coldplay"? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Hi! thanks for your interest. And yup, that one is still for sale, although I have to tell it isn't in the best of conditions. Anyways, send me a PM and we'll discuss it over there.

• 2 weeks later...

Whom exactly were the 12" vinyl promos from the earlier albums intended for? I'd imagine by 2000, very few radio stations still used turn tables. Why not save the money and stick to CD promos? I just got a 12" promo for Trouble and I began to wonder. Also, how rare are the 12" Yellow and Trouble releases?

Whom exactly were the 12" vinyl promos from the earlier albums intended for? I'd imagine by 2000, very few radio stations still used turn tables. Why not save the money and stick to CD promos? I just got a 12" promo for Trouble and I began to wonder. Also, how rare are the 12" Yellow and Trouble releases?

As far as a vinyl collection vs. CD. It's all personal preference. Most collectors get into it to the point that they must have every official release down to cassette and even old VHS. I myself like CD over vinyl. I do have some vinyl in my collection. I have the 12" Trouble still factory sealed. Your question about 12" Coldplay singles being rare... The 12" Yellow and Trouble are not so rare. You can find them on eBay most of the time. The 12" Don't Panic is the rare one but as rare as it is it only sells for around $130 to $180 USD.

To me CDs are a lot more fun to collect. it's the current format used/sold in stores so you can find all titles on this format. Vinyl made a big comeback a few years ago so Parlophone and Capitol Records re-released the Coldplay albums on vinyl. I believe it will die out completely some day. Many years ago (early 90s), I thought, what will replace CDs? I thought of a small computer chip that you plug into a port. Sure enough many years later they tested this format on "Parachutes" with an SD card loaded with the album. I don't think it did so well. We all store our music files on our hard drives or directly on our MP3 players. Who wants a mini SD card for each album. A good idea but didn't amount to much.

http://eil.com/images/main/Coldplay+-+Parachutes+-+Slot+Music+-+CD+ROM-495642.jpg

So what will eventually replace CDs? Any ideas?? I think you will go to your local music store and pick up a card and pay for the download. Kind of like a phone card. This way the albums can still be physically sold in stores yet keeping the music controlled digitally. The record label would save millions on manufacturing. All we collectors would have left to collect is the card. Kind of like a baseball card collection.

There goes the booklet and cover art :sad:

I think you would still have the art. It's always been a way for the band to express a feeling or an emotion for the album. It would be placed on the front of the card. Maybe on the packaging as well.

I think you would still have the art. It's always been a way for the band to express a feeling or an emotion for the album. It would be placed on the front of the card. Maybe on the packaging as well.

Let's just hope not everything will be sold as virtual files. It's nice to hold an actual thing in your hands nowadays where practically your whole life can be stored onto a SD card :|

The 7" vinyl? Yes - it's reasonably rare but doesn't sell for too much when it appears - less than £20.

It has a wonderful cover design, matte card finish, shiny black inner sleeve :)

The 7" vinyl? Yes - it's reasonably rare but doesn't sell for too much when it appears - less than £20.

It has a wonderful cover design, matte card finish, shiny black inner sleeve :)

Uhhh, I know I LOVE the cover design. Really hoping to get my hands on one when its up for sale! Also a big fan of The Goldrush :D

As far as a vinyl collection vs. CD. It's all personal preference. Most collectors get into it to the point that they must have every official release down to cassette and even old VHS. I myself like CD over vinyl. I do have some vinyl in my collection. I have the 12" Trouble still factory sealed. Your question about 12" Coldplay singles being rare... The 12" Yellow and Trouble are not so rare. You can find them on eBay most of the time. The 12" Don't Panic is the rare one but as rare as it is it only sells for around $130 to $180 USD.

To me CDs are a lot more fun to collect. it's the current format used/sold in stores so you can find all titles on this format. Vinyl made a big comeback a few years ago so Parlophone and Capitol Records re-released the Coldplay albums on vinyl. I believe it will die out completely some day. Many years ago (early 90s), I thought, what will replace CDs? I thought of a small computer chip that you plug into a port. Sure enough many years later they tested this format on "Parachutes" with an SD card loaded with the album. I don't think it did so well. We all store our music files on our hard drives or directly on our MP3 players. Who wants a mini SD card for each album. A good idea but didn't amount to much.

http://eil.com/images/main/Coldplay+-+Parachutes+-+Slot+Music+-+CD+ROM-495642.jpg

So what will eventually replace CDs? Any ideas?? I think you will go to your local music store and pick up a card and pay for the download. Kind of like a phone card. This way the albums can still be physically sold in stores yet keeping the music controlled digitally. The record label would save millions on manufacturing. All we collectors would have left to collect is the card. Kind of like a baseball card collection.

God! Who is this guy? Some pretend guru with coldplay collection? Take it from a collector who started in 1998. The best investment i have ever made was buying Don't panic 12 inch vinyl. Sold it for 1500gbp after. The worst investment was Ode to deodorant that coldplay themselves don't even like. Went to school with Guy. They don't even care for it. Somebody just made a big deal out of it. The casette tape is the worst part of the deal. It does not stand the test of time. A lot of collectors around the world would never exchange don't panic 12 inch even for ode to deo or any other sealed 12 inch even in bulk. $180! So funny!

Sounds like you wanted dont panic 12 and dont have it?

God! Who is this guy? Some pretend guru with coldplay collection? Take it from a collector who started in 1998. The best investment i have ever made was buying Don't panic 12 inch vinyl. Sold it for 1500gbp after. The worst investment was Ode to deodorant that coldplay themselves don't even like. Went to school with Guy. They don't even care for it. Somebody just made a big deal out of it. The casette tape is the worst part of the deal. It does not stand the test of time. A lot of collectors around the world would never exchange don't panic 12 inch even for ode to deo or any other sealed 12 inch even in bulk. $180! So funny!

I think he is right though: Don't Panic doesn't sell for over 200€, the ode tape does because it is considered a one of a kind.

I think he is right though: Don't Panic doesn't sell for over 200€, the ode tape does because it is considered a one of a kind.

Show me a site where there is a Don't Panic 12" that's being sold. There is none. Ode to deo, you can. Also, the quality and durability will speak for itself. You are investing your money on a ribbon with Ode. That is why it is out there and the owners are trying so hard to get rid of it. Who among the owners of Don't Panic 12" would try to sell their copy? Rare to None. If you find a Don't Panic 12" worth 200euro, tell me. I want to buy one to replenish what I sold for 1500gbp privately just a year ago.

Show me a site where there is a Don't Panic 12" that's being sold. There is none. Ode to deo, you can. Also, the quality and durability will speak for itself. You are investing your money on a ribbon with Ode. That is why it is out there and the owners are trying so hard to get rid of it. Who among the owners of Don't Panic 12" would try to sell their copy? Rare to None. If you find a Don't Panic 12" worth 200euro, tell me. I want to buy one to replenish what I sold for 1500gbp privately just a year ago.

By the way, I sold one because I had two of it. I will buy more if they are worth 200euros.

Go to popsike.com and search "Coldplay don't panic" they keep records of all eBay auctions. You will see what they have sold for. Not much at all. Max Hacker must not be much of a collector to not know this much. Max Hacker and Major Cooper are both a couple of drama queens who need quit talking shit. No one wants to hear it.

Thanks to lostcoldplayer: HERE is proof that the vinyl is not worth near 1500gbp. Congrats if you were able to find the one nutjob willing to pay that amount for the vinyl. But that doesn't mean that that is the average value of it