✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

Wowwww, that's awesome! How did you get all these?? Can you find any of the rarer pieces on e-bay??

I kept venting out how I got all the albums, the live DVDs, piano books and vinyls, but I realize how it is nothing compared to many fans! :rolleyes:

I mainly got these from ebay and little cd stores :) I still miss a lot of singles though :( and vinyls)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wowwww, that's awesome! How did you get all these?? Can you find any of the rarer pieces on e-bay??

I kept venting out how I got all the albums, the live DVDs, piano books and vinyls, but I realize how it is nothing compared to many fans! :rolleyes:

Oh, do you happen to have the Parachutes and/or Viva piano book ?

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, do you happen to have the Parachutes and/or Viva piano book ?

oh... well almost everything I guess :P

I have viva but don't have parachutes. Stopped searching for it at the store, and was telling myself that I should buy it on amazon ('cause I got x&y and viva from there) but never ended up buying it. I shall move my butt one day and do so :cool:

Bought the two last ones at my local store (MX and GS)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a question for you collectors:

I am in the process of starting a collection, albeit on a very limited budget. In a record shop, I came across a strange (used) CD I'd never seen before containing a live recording from Coldplay 2000 at Cardiff University, as transmitted on BBC1, during the Parachutes tour. It's not by a real label, judging by the design it is somewhat homemade (well, it does say "AEP" on the disc, but dunno what that is. The cover looks rather poor, as if assembled in PowerPoint 2002 or something similar.) There's a pic of Chris singing on the front cover and 3 other snapshots of him on the back cover.

Is this valuable ? is it worthless ? How much money would you depense for it, if you were in my place (lol) ?

• 1 month later...

I've spent half an hour searching, and I'm either very bad at using the search tool (possible) or I'm using the wrong terminology. I'm trying to find information about the recent Russian release of Coldplay "B-Sides & Rarities". While I have kept up with the band, I've not kept up with the collectible side of things, and when I stumbled across this 2-disc set on eBay, I just went into auto-pilot mode and bought it. It says Parlophone, and has a catalog number of 32568 . 1/2 4607147918142. it's listed on discogs as well (link below), which lists is as 'unoffical'.

Essentially, I just want to know if I bought a counterfeit item, or if this is a genuine Parlophone release, albeit only released in Russia.

http://www.discogs.com/Coldplay-B-Sides-Rarities/release/7324041

I've spent half an hour searching, and I'm either very bad at using the search tool (possible) or I'm using the wrong terminology. I'm trying to find information about the recent Russian release of Coldplay "B-Sides & Rarities". While I have kept up with the band, I've not kept up with the collectible side of things, and when I stumbled across this 2-disc set on eBay, I just went into auto-pilot mode and bought it. It says Parlophone, and has a catalog number of 32568 . 1/2 4607147918142. it's listed on discogs as well (link below), which lists is as 'unoffical'.

Essentially, I just want to know if I bought a counterfeit item, or if this is a genuine Parlophone release, albeit only released in Russia.

It looks pretty fake to me. The "Parlophone" label is used on Discogs for only releases labeled as "Parlophone" but were not actually released by the real label.

Yeah, It's counterfeit. You can see in the comments at the bottom someone has linked the artwork which was basically stolen from someones deviantart. Still, pretty cool find counterfeit or not.

Yeah, It's counterfeit. You can see in the comments at the bottom someone has linked the artwork which was basically stolen from someones deviantart. Still, pretty cool find counterfeit or not.

It's no official release, and the artwork taken is actually one by Batman as far as I know :D

If it wasn't too expensive, it is two good discs all the same ! :thumbsup:

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I purchased a fake two-disc greatest hit album before I ended up buying every album of theirs.... It was really nicely made though, it came in a digipack with very nice MX era artwork and definitely looked like a legit release. It also had some rare tracks like No More Keeping My Feet on the Ground and Prospekt's March/Poppyfields, which was the first time I ever heard those songs or even knew about the band's b-sides! I can safely say that that certain purchase made me the hardcore Coldplay fan I am today. :D

It looks pretty fake to me. The "Parlophone" label is used on Discogs for only releases labeled as "Parlophone" but were not actually released by the real label.

It's no official release, and the artwork taken is actually one by Batman as far as I know :D

If it wasn't too expensive, it is two good discs all the same ! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the replies and information. I'm not happy I bought a counterfeit, since by and large I have most of these songs from official releases. But, it is a great compilation, and I'll do my homework next time before clicking the 'buy it now' button.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So I've been collecting vinyl for a while now across multiple artists, but I realised that my Coldplay collection is still a little bit weak. I was wondering if anyone knew which singles had been released on vinyl so I can start hunting them down?

I have the singles collection coming to me for Christmas and I already own ETIAW, Midnight (RSD Release), Up with the Birds (RSD Release) and Hurts like Heaven (RSD Release)-- but I'm sure there must be more?

Also was wondering what people's thoughts were about the promo CD's? How much would you pay for them?

Charrs for any help!

Hey guys,

So I've been collecting vinyl for a while now across multiple artists, but I realised that my Coldplay collection is still a little bit weak. I was wondering if anyone knew which singles had been released on vinyl so I can start hunting them down?

I have the singles collection coming to me for Christmas and I already own ETIAW, Midnight (RSD Release), Up with the Birds (RSD Release) and Hurts like Heaven (RSD Release)-- but I'm sure there must be more?

Also was wondering what people's thoughts were about the promo CD's? How much would you pay for them?

Charrs for any help!

Just wondering, where did you get your singles collection? Like just on ebay from an individual seller? Or is there another 'store' like amazon where you got it? Thanks!

Hey guys,

Charrs for any help!

About the promos: Theyre nice but theyre worthless. Theyre is only one song.

I wouldn't pay more than 3-4 bucks for a promo CD...

About the promos: Theyre nice but theyre worthless. Theyre is only one song.

Ah thanks guys, I thought they were but wanted to double check. I'll probably avoid them then.

Just wondering, where did you get your singles collection? Like just on ebay from an individual seller? Or is there another 'store' like amazon where you got it? Thanks!

I found mine on a seller on ebay. His record store is closing and he was trying to flog his stock off-- which happened to include the singles collection. So I got it for a steal at £60 :)

• 3 weeks later...

I almost bought this too before I went "Russia... waitaminute) Still I'm curious about the sound quality. I don't have enough posts to write a PM (sorry) but was wondering if you intended to open it (ie: Not return it) if you would be willing to rip a couple of tracks in lossless quality? Animals (because it's a track I'm intimately familiar with) and Moving to Mars (no known actual lossless version found). Sorry if I shouldn't have asked here.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! New member here. I've been lurking for a few weeks and I wanted to introduce myself as a collector who's about to begin. I've been a diehard Coldplay fan for a few years and I own all 7 of the main albums, but nothing else yet.

I've been collecting comic books for many years and I'm excited to now expand that passion into acquiring every Coldplay release ever. My favourite eras have been Mylo Xyloto and Viva La Vida for awhile, but I've really getting into AROBTTH lately and Parachutes is just plain classic. All of that said, I think I'm going to start with some CD singles, then try some vinyl. I hope to keep you guys updated throughout the process. :)

• Like 1

Hey guys! New member here. I've been lurking for a few weeks and I wanted to introduce myself as a collector who's about to begin. I've been a diehard Coldplay fan for a few years and I own all 7 of the main albums, but nothing else yet.

I've been collecting comic books for many years and I'm excited to now expand that passion into acquiring every Coldplay release ever. My favourite eras have been Mylo Xyloto and Viva La Vida for awhile, but I've really getting into AROBTTH lately and Parachutes is just plain classic. All of that said, I think I'm going to start with some CD singles, then try some vinyl. I hope to keep you guys updated throughout the process. :)

Welcome ! Good luck with your collection. I'm collecting too but for me it is the opposite: I only collect releases before the Viva Era. :D

Welcome ! Good luck with your collection. I'm collecting too but for me it is the opposite: I only collect releases before the Viva Era. :D

Cool, man. I love it all but I discovered Coldplay through MX so I'm permanently attached to that era. But in the end, I love it all. :D

• Like 1

Cool, man. I love it all but I discovered Coldplay through MX so I'm permanently attached to that era. But in the end, I love it all. :D

I discovered Coldplay during the MX Era too, but still for me nothing else compares to their earliest albums :)