✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

Thanks! Tho I've been collecting since Parachues' release, so it's been easy to add along the way. Have about (4) large secure cases hidden in the closet, all chock full of CP. :-) Think my comprehensive spreadsheet is still somewhere in this thread. I hope to eventually take decent individual pics to add to it, and have a much better resource to offer.

With less time on my hands these days, I'm more of an occasional lurker here, than the active poster I used to be. So so glad to see this thread is still alive and thriving!

I just recently re-joined the forum as well. And, I too, post images of my collection so fellow collectors will know what other items exists out there that doesn't resurface anywhere for a while now. To have been collecting since the Parachutes Era gave you a superb edge in collecting promos that have only surfaced as each era were introduced. Are you still adding as of recent?

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently re-joined the forum as well. And, I too, post images of my collection so fellow collectors will know what other items exists out there that doesn't resurface anywhere for a while now. To have been collecting since the Parachutes Era gave you a superb edge in collecting promos that have only surfaced as each era were introduced. Are you still adding as of recent?

Unfortunately not so much. My work schedule has become pretty demanding, then add a mortgage and a new car payment (my trans pooped out on my VW last year), and I haven't much had the time or extra cash flow. I still peek around a bit, but mostly for the older stuff. Starting with X&Y, the distribtion became so vast, it was hard to keep up with what all was released where, and which of those got a promo release, etc... But I'm still following, and paying attention to what's what. It sucks to "adult", and slow my amassing of CP stuffs! Tho I did finally (and I mean FINALLY!!!) locate a copy of Live at L'Olympia #961. That was pretty cool. :-)

You still gathering the good stuff?

• Like 2

Unfortunately not so much. My work schedule has become pretty demanding, then add a mortgage and a new car payment (my trans pooped out on my VW last year), and I haven't much had the time or extra cash flow. I still peek around a bit, but mostly for the older stuff. Starting with X&Y, the distribtion became so vast, it was hard to keep up with what all was released where, and which of those got a promo release, etc... But I'm still following, and paying attention to what's what. It sucks to "adult", and slow my amassing of CP stuffs! Tho I did finally (and I mean FINALLY!!!) locate a copy of Live at L'Olympia #961. That was pretty cool. :-)

You still gathering the good stuff?

I understand how you feel about being an adult. It is pretty much universal wanting to be older when you are young, only to get stuck wishing for it to reverse (referencing Chris' lyrics here) once you've become an Adult. Yes, I still do very much enjoy the hunt...! It gets very expensive as you know, which makes it challenging whenever a good one pops out somewhere. :) But then again, knowing as well that it is virtually impossible to own everything, I do pass up some opportunities as I see fitting per the status of the finances... :)

I understand how you feel about being an adult. It is pretty much universal wanting to be older when you are young, only to get stuck wishing for it to reverse (referencing Chris' lyrics here) once you've become an Adult. Yes, I still do very much enjoy the hunt...! It gets very expensive as you know, which makes it challenging whenever a good one pops out somewhere. :) But then again, knowing as well that it is virtually impossible to own everything, I do pass up some opportunities as I see fitting per the status of the finances... :)

I'm still pretty young, and I know to not fall into the trap of wanting to get old! Enjoying the good days while it lasts :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

Thanks! Tho I've been collecting since Parachues' release, so it's been easy to add along the way. Have about (4) large secure cases hidden in the closet, all chock full of CP. :-) Think my comprehensive spreadsheet is still somewhere in this thread. I hope to eventually take decent individual pics to add to it, and have a much better resource to offer.

With less time on my hands these days, I'm more of an occasional lurker here, than the active poster I used to be. So so glad to see this thread is still alive and thriving!

This is a collection I can only dream of. [emoji4]

Of course you had a huge advantage to have started collecting from the beginning when everything came available.

But still, to have every possible version of a single item...

Awesome collection.

I'm a fan of a Belgian band too and have been collecting every item. X versions of the same Cd because of a different picture or other songs...

Yep, I know how expensive it can be. [emoji4]

Sadly most record companies aren't releasing singles anymore. You are lucky if there is still a cd you can add to the collection.

And, as we have discovered lately, there are people who are selling fake stuff too. :/

• Like 1

And, as we have discovered lately, there are people who are selling fake stuff too. :/

That's the problem, now with the Internet it's so easy for someone to make a fake copy of something and make money off of it. We all of course love the Internet and the conveniece it brings us but the criminals can take advantage as well and do stuff we never wanted to happen... easy for people to rip off nowadays, there's a downside to every upside it seems... :( It all balances out in the end, don't it?

(Man, if that one "Glass Of Water" lyric wasn't "was" and was "works" like I thought it once was this post would have been a whole lot greater... :()

This is a collection I can only dream of. [emoji4]

Of course you had a huge advantage to have started collecting from the beginning when everything came available.

But still, to have every possible version of a single item...

Awesome collection.

I'm a fan of a Belgian band too and have been collecting every item. X versions of the same Cd because of a different picture or other songs...

Yep, I know how expensive it can be. [emoji4]

Sadly most record companies aren't releasing singles anymore. You are lucky if there is still a cd you can add to the collection.

That's great you've gotten into collecting CP and others. It's a quirky kind of fun to find a cool piece to add, and a bit addicting, right? :-)

With the advent of technology come the fakes >:-/, but thankfully this forum exists with all its wonderful members, so we can all help one another to avoid them. It's nice to develop relationships with shops or sellers, who you know you can trust, but sometimes that really sought-after item comes available from an unknown. If it's even a high cost, feel free to post it here or message me, if you'd like. Many have markings that'll help distinguish real from fake (I promise to never poach). :-)

• Like 3

You got Safety?!?! Cool!!!

Thanks! Saved and paid an arm and a leg, but mostly because I knew the seller was legit (and it was well before fakes really began flooding the market). It's cool to have, but even thou it took me a long time to find, it seems like some of the French promos were way way harder to track down! Such a strange hobby, right? :-)

• Like 2

Thanks! Saved and paid an arm and a leg, but mostly because I knew the seller was legit (and it was well before fakes really began flooding the market). It's cool to have, but even thou it took me a long time to find, it seems like some of the French promos were way way harder to track down! Such a strange hobby, right? :-)

Worth it though to have something sooooooooooooo rare genuine.... you're one of a very lucky few!

• Like 1

That's great you've gotten into collecting CP and others. It's a quirky kind of fun to find a cool piece to add, and a bit addicting, right? :-)

With the advent of technology come the fakes >:-/, but thankfully this forum exists with all its wonderful members, so we can all help one another to avoid them. It's nice to develop relationships with shops or sellers, who you know you can trust, but sometimes that really sought-after item comes available from an unknown. If it's even a high cost, feel free to post it here or message me, if you'd like. Many have markings that'll help distinguish real from fake (I promise to never poach). :-)

Well, I have been looking around for some new stuff but it is so hard nowadays to know if something is for real.

There are a few sellers on Ebay who seem to have found an endless source of promo's. :worried:

I've been a bit reluctant to post the names on the forum but we can all learn from it, so...

I will post the link of a few of them that I've seen on Ebay, if you would like to confirm if they are genuine or not (the links are to the sellers and filtered on "Coldplay"):

Seller Cagamandurrio:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=cagamandurrio&hash=item43f53c542e%3Ag%3AY7gAAOSweuxWRPjU&item=291877180462&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcoldplay.TRS2&_nkw=coldplay&_sacat=0

About the next 2 sellers I have discovered that they have something in common (email adress and name of company), so I'm suspecting they are the same person which is operating under different seller names and I've been warned about those promos being fake (Thanks Major Cooper):

Seller Promorecordsltd & Seller Luckylarryspromoshack

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=promorecordsltd&hash=item4838530e34%3Am%3Ams4ZiOoKeMKjKkcIb-UCWfA&item=310182612532&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcoldplay.TRS2&_nkw=coldplay&_sacat=0

http://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=luckylarryspromoshack&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=coldplay&_sacat=0

Both have been selling Up&Up promo's (different versions)

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but anyway...

Since my collection has been growing with vinyl lately, I'm thinking of buying a portable record player.

Anyone who has suggestions about good ones which are reasonly priced?

I'd like to be able to record from it too.

I have seen a few from these brands which are looking nice but that doesn't automatically mean they are good: [emoji4]

Crosley

GPO

Groove Sounds

Since my collection has been growing with vinyl lately, I'm thinking of buying a portable record player.

I have seen a few from these brands which are looking nice but that doesn't automatically mean they are good: emoji4.png

Crosley

GPO

Groove Sounds

Not really portable, but Denon makes a great MP3 turntable. Easy to trans

I have seen a few from these brands which are looking nice but that doesn't automatically mean they are good: [emoji4]

Crosley

GPO

Groove Sounds

Not really portable, but Denon makes a nice MP3 turntable. Definite workhorse (have one non-MP3 going on 25-years), and a newer MP3 capable. Belts and needles last, and sound qual is good.

Not really portable, but Denon makes a great MP3 turntable. Easy to trans

Not really portable, but Denon makes a nice MP3 turntable. Definite workhorse (have one non-MP3 going on 25-years), and a newer MP3 capable. Belts and needles last, and sound qual is good.

But is that a standalone record player?

Doesn't it have to be connected to boxes - amplifier...

I'm looking for something that has built in boxes...

Have been reading and the Crosley CR6232A-BR Nomad seems to have some good reviews.

But is that a standalone record player?

Doesn't it have to be connected to boxes - amplifier...

I'm looking for something that has built in boxes...

Have been reading and the Crosley CR6232A-BR Nomad seems to have some good reviews.

There's probably a way to run it through a preamp then into speakers, but you'd generally quick connect to a tuner (just be sure it has a phono input).

I'd say, if you just want to casually listen to LPs now and then, jump on one of those you listed. The Crosly gets decent reviews. I'm a bit put off that some complain it's mostly plastic components, it should get the job done just fine.

If you're thinking long term, and heavier play, I'd consider saving for a reputable tuner with the phono input (it'll run anywhere from $150-400+ depending on what all you want on the tuner), then a higher quality turntable (probably $100-$300, again depending on how fancy you'd like). The higher quality ones will have less chance of components warping, better needles, arm tracking etc..., but I'd honestly only build a system if you have a lot of vinyl or think you'd really get use from it. As a kid born in the 70's, I grew up with records can still have all my old stuff+ vinyls I've continued to purchase over the years, so it made sense to build a system along the way. May not be necessary for many, though.

Well, I have been looking around for some new stuff but it is so hard nowadays to know if something is for real.

There are a few sellers on Ebay who seem to have found an endless source of promo's. :worried:

I've been a bit reluctant to post the names on the forum but we can all learn from it, so...

I will post the link of a few of them that I've seen on Ebay, if you would like to confirm if they are genuine or not (the links are to the sellers and filtered on "Coldplay"):

Seller Cagamandurrio:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=cagamandurrio&hash=item43f53c542e:g:Y7gAAOSweuxWRPjU&item=291877180462&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcoldplay.TRS2&_nkw=coldplay&_sacat=0

About the next 2 sellers I have discovered that they have something in common (email adress and name of company), so I'm suspecting they are the same person which is operating under different seller names and I've been warned about those promos being fake (Thanks Major Cooper):

Seller Promorecordsltd & Seller Luckylarryspromoshack

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=promorecordsltd&hash=item4838530e34:m:ms4ZiOoKeMKjKkcIb-UCWfA&item=310182612532&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcoldplay.TRS2&_nkw=coldplay&_sacat=0

http://www.benl.ebay.be/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=luckylarryspromoshack&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=coldplay&_sacat=0

Both have been selling Up&Up promo's (different versions)

I know Cagamandurrio, at least in the past, has always been well intentioned, but has posted fakes occasionally, along with 100% real nice promos. I was always under the impression he was maybe not super knowledgable about the validity of some items, but he'd always pull something if told it was garbage. Haven't bought from him in awhile, so not sure if anything's changed. I'd say w/him, if you can find comparable markings or data to a photo of a legit item, you're probably good to go, but don't spend too too much; sometimes his stuff if nicely priced, sometimes not. He was always very nice to me.

Re: the other two....hmmm....I don't like two things, the negative feedback, talking about poor packaging (what rare cd seller craps out on packaging?!?), and I'm not sure how I feel about the Up and Up promo listed, where the description states, "IVE REMOVED IT FROM THE JEWEL CASE AND PUT IT IN A PLASTIC PROMO SLEEVE FOR BETTER TRANSPORTATION AND PROTECTION". What??!?!?! I've bought and sold for years, and never had to remove the disc from the jewel case for "better protection". The CD looks decent, but he doesn't offer a good view of the disc or the book. Maybe legit, but I'm not a fan.

The True Love discs on both accounts look like others I've seen listed on other sites, like musicstack. Don't have one in hand, so can't be positive.

• Like 2

Thanks for your evaluation.

I have bought the True Love promo a while ago and discovered a few days ago that I have bought it from Luckylarryspromoshack.

I didn't see anything which would alarm me.

edit:

There is 1 song at it has a duration of 4:07 when I put it in my stereo.

I have made some photos so maybe we can compare it with versions from others.

The disc comes in a thin plastic cover with a sticker on the back.

The "cover" is made of thin paper which has some kind of perforation in the middle and on the sides.

[ATTACH=full]5978[/ATTACH]

a closer look on the back:

[ATTACH=full]5980[/ATTACH]

the sticker:

[ATTACH=full]5981[/ATTACH]

the disc:

[ATTACH=full]5982[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5983[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]5984[/ATTACH]

and I saw some numbers on the inner cycle (which were very hard to photograph):

[ATTACH=full]5985[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]5953[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5954[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5955[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5956[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5957[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5958[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5959[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5960[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5961[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5962[/ATTACH] Took these to help a newer collector, so thought I'd share them here too, should anyone find them useful. Quick shots of the bulk of my collection (prob about 85-90%). I do have some duplicates, if anyone is needing something, or feel free to mssg if further info is needed (serial #, etc...).

Pix series 1...

Hi @66, your collection is very impressive ! I am collecting as well, with a focus on anything pre-Viva Era (but my collection is nowhere near as comprehensive). About the duplicates, are you selling them ? if yes, which ones do you have ?

• Like 1

Hi @66, your collection is very impressive ! I am collecting as well, with a focus on anything pre-Viva Era (but my collection is nowhere near as comprehensive). About the duplicates, are you selling them ? if yes, which ones do you have ?

I ran away!! It's been a long time!! Welcome back! :D (same to me right? You haven't seen me in a while....)

• Like 2

Hey there, thanks a lot! I'm open to selling any dupe's I have. There might be a blue room or a Townhouse promo, but otherwise, I think I mostly have some X&Y and Talk special releases, and maybe a few of the vinyl singles boxes; sold a ton of my really good duplicates years ago...really wish i'd've held onto all the What If's! I have to pull out the boxes again to make some scans soon (hoping for maybe Sunday), and I'll take a good gander in there for you.

• Like 2

I love all your pics of your collection. Which makes me regret not buying the ETIAW EP I saw a couple of years ago. I don't know what I was thinking and I'm not sure if I'll find it again at my local store. Moreover, what I'd really love to have is a cassette. I lived the last years of life of this recording format and it'd bring some nostalgic moments from my childhood. I even had a really nice walkman, it is colorful and it has a cute video game, I'm not sure if it still works though. So far I've got all Coldplay albums on CD, the re-release of Brothers and sisters EP, the three live albums, and 3 vinyls. I'm waiting for my Parachutes colored vinyl and the 5.1 surround sound blu-ray. I'd love to increase my collection so I'll be waiting for @66 to share his duplicates, I might buy something

• Like 1

Hey there, thanks a lot! I'm open to selling any dupe's I have. There might be a blue room or a Townhouse promo, but otherwise, I think I mostly have some X&Y and Talk special releases, and maybe a few of the vinyl singles boxes; sold a ton of my really good duplicates years ago...really wish i'd've held onto all the What If's! I have to pull out the boxes again to make some scans soon (hoping for maybe Sunday), and I'll take a good gander in there for you.

Please let us know, there might be something that's still on my wish list too. [emoji4]

• Like 1

Thanks a lot ! I am looking forward to see what you have :)