✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about MX promos. That's when it started to get a bit crazy. The ones that are selling for €80 or more are the Magic promos.

Very simple. Demand and offer law. MX promos like "Paradise" are scarce and their prices rises. A lot of "Parachutes" promos for sale on the net... prices low... Also I think more and more people want the promos of your favourite band and the sellers know this...

Just a few minuts a "Christmas Lights" promo was sold about 80 euros. Again a lot of money for me. Next time i hope... :)

Very simple. Demand and offer law. MX promos like "Paradise" are scarce and their prices rises.

Paradise was listed a lot, just like all the other MX promos so it wasn't that rare.

I know how supply and demand works but it was never as crazy as it is now so the amount of promos for sale has decreased a lot or more people started collecting. Or both.

Paradise was listed a lot, just like all the other MX promos so it wasn't that rare.

I know how supply and demand works but it was never as crazy as it is now so the amount of promos for sale has decreased a lot or more people started collecting. Or both.

I completely agree - I've never seen prices so high for promos, and some of them are just CD-Rs! Though I would say that the MX promos are rarer than most of the older ones. I just refuse to pay that much for a Magic promo, I'm happy to wait until prices settle down.

Yes, You´re right Tash.. a lot of people and less MX promos available now... I still dont´have Paradise, Charlie Brown and Princess of China...

Hey. I love collecting CD singles, EPs and albums etc, and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me?

In Marc's post on the main site about fans' collections, there's this picture from lucascm. I've never seen the CD bottom row, second from right with this cover. I've only included the URLs as the pictures are quite big.

I absolutely love the VLV era, so I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what this is; I've never seen it before! Thanks, have a great day! (especially if this video materialises)

Hey. I love collecting CD singles, EPs and albums etc, and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me?

In Marc's post on the main site about fans' collections, there's this picture from lucascm. I've never seen the CD bottom row, second from right with this cover. I've only included the URLs as the pictures are quite big.

I absolutely love the VLV era, so I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what this is; I've never seen it before! Thanks, have a great day! (especially if this video materialises)

I think you are referring to the CD with the cover that kind of looks like the picture in your profile. That CD is the VLV CD plus DVD. The DVD has the videos for VLV album. The SKU or UPC is 8809 2 175761 91 It's made in Korea (or at least my copy is.) You can find a copy on eBay all the time from Korea for as little as $20.00 USD

That's brilliant, thanks! Especially for the quick reply! I haven't come across that before, sounds good. Is the DVD region free?

Thanks again for your help.

EDIT: I see you say yours is sealed, so you probably don't know if it plays in your region. In any case, I'm in Region 2, you're in Region 1.

Wow, that's amazing! I play the jewel case CDs in my collection (the LPs plus Live 2003 and Live 2012) but the card-cased ones stay sealed. I'll have to get a photo of my collection. It's nowhere near 216, probably 25ish. I don't doubt you actually do have a bigger collection than Chris, it's staggering. Thanks again for your help :)