✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

And okay, the last auction has been 3 years ago, so I guess we can asume that it will be worth more now if a copy comes online again. But not by 1000 gbp

Btw, I own a copy as well and I paid about 130 euros for it. If you want, you can have it for 1400 gbp, you can still make a good 100 gbp profit with it right ;-)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HERE[/url] is proof that the vinyl is not worth near 1500gbp. Congrats if you were able to find the one nutjob willing to pay that amount for the vinyl. But that doesn't mean that that is the average value of it

Your welcome. Some people don't know what they are talking about. Just to let everyone know MAX HACKER is no longer with us. It was an account made up by a member who wanted to do nothing but bash No1CPfan. Since the first day MAX HACKER arrived every comment was negative against him. A few of us took steps on No1CPfan's behalf. Should be a little more peaceful around here. I don't know about everyone else but I'm here to have a good time sharing collections and talking about CP CDs & LPs. If you get negative.... you get the boot.

I have been using popsike.com for a while to help find average values for Coldplay LPs. I personally like collecting CDs over LPs. CDs are the current format everyone uses so most releases are found on CD.

Do you know any sites like popsike.com but for CD's? I knew one, but I fogrot the name and can't seem to find it. Or any other site that can be used to find the value of cd's by the amount it sold for in recent auctions?

Do you know any sites like popsike.com but for CD's? I knew one, but I fogrot the name and can't seem to find it. Or any other site that can be used to find the value of cd's by the amount it sold for in recent auctions?

I wish I did. I've never been able to find one. I guess people are more interested in LP values.

Thanks.Nice item!

Now, should i start collecting Coldplay stuff....?!

It is cool starting and owning a collection... Just make sure you get a good handle with it though. At some point, don't get too consumed with it. Take one (or more) item as it comes. One day at a time. Don't make it your life. Bottomline, it is a wonderful hobby... So Yes, go ahead... and make it a fun journey!

It is cool starting and owning a collection... Just make sure you get a good handle with it though. At some point, don't get too consumed with it. Take one (or more) item as it comes. One day at a time. Don't make it your life. Bottomline, it is a wonderful hobby... So Yes, go ahead... and make it a fun journey!

Just bought Prospekts March (yeah i know, i should already have it). I only have the basic cd's at the moment, but wouldn't mind the Mylo Xyloto pop up edition.Still really kicking myself over missing out on the signed Mylo tour programme when the tour tickets went on sale!

Just bought Prospekts March (yeah i know, i should already have it). I only have the basic cd's at the moment, but wouldn't mind the Mylo Xyloto pop up edition.Still really kicking myself over missing out on the signed Mylo tour programme when the tour tickets went on sale!

All Huge collections started from a small pile... Congratulations on your current items...! Over time, you will miss out and lose on bidding at amazing finds... But that's where the excitement of collection is. You win some, you lose some. While it is heart breaking at times, just remember that it is all but done in the spirit of fun. Whether you collect by yourself, or with your friends, you will get what you want to add in your collection in due time. Just be patient and be determined.

Here's a link for you:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161333525651

I hope that this is what you are looking for...

A Sky Full of Stars got a commercial single slimcase release, but the b-sides are remixes. It was released in Germany, Austria, & Switzerland according to discogs. Got one imported today, it's a pretty decent single if you're looking for newer items.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just made a new topic, but now I see this topic. Maybe somebody can help me.

Does anyone know what the Magic promo is supposed to look like? I bought one, but was expecting a card sleeve (like in the Viva and Mylo era) and am afraid I bought a fake... Can anyone help me? Thanks!

DSC_0481.jpgDSC_0482.jpg

Hello,

I just made a new topic, but now I see this topic. Maybe somebody can help me.

Does anyone know what the Magic promo is supposed to look like? I bought one, but was expecting a card sleeve (like in the Viva and Mylo era) and am afraid I bought a fake... Can anyone help me? Thanks!

My first reaction was that it's fake. Using a standard square cover in a slimcase is unusual. But then again that's how limited, low effort promo releases can be. It seems like the time of promo cardsleeves is over. And I wouldn't go to Discogs for a definitive answer. If it is fake, it seems very well done. I'm leaning more toward legit.

Anyway, I recently came across some CD and vinyl promos for The Blue Room.

xeOz5Tr.jpg

And the whole vinyl collection (excluding ETIAW 7" which is in the singles box and the blue room ep) including some 12x12 display cards

PsjqJiU.jpg

• Like 1

And the whole vinyl collection (excluding ETIAW 7" which is in the singles box and the blue room ep) including some 12x12 display cards

PsjqJiU.jpg

HOLY CRAP THAT'S A NICE COLLECTION. Quick question, is the "The Singles" box set worth it? Is the sound quality good? I'm thinking of getting it.

And, does anyone here have Coldplay's Au Paradis DVD? I'd like a review on it. Saw it at my music store, also considering to buy that :D

1200817-gf.jpg

Quick question, is the "The Singles" box set worth it? Is the sound quality good? I'm thinking of getting it.

The audio quality is great, all the singles are pressed on heavy vinyl. My largest gripe with it is that the manufacturing of the singles is inconsistent. They sound great, but the edges of some of the records feels sharp enough to cut you, and the center hole cuts are either kinda loose or "stuck to the turntable platter" tight. My copy of Speed of Sound from the set has a misprint, the label for side A is also on side B. But this is kinda nit-picky, as it's only aesthetic, and they get regular listens from me. I wouldn't pay more than $40 or $45 for it. That's what I got it for a few years ago, still sealed.

I also just got a 12" copy of the numbered commercial release for The Blue Room, completing my Blue Room collection. Now all I need is the Yellow 12", Don't Panic 12" and Brothers & Sisters on 7".

• 2 weeks later...