✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh really? The ones that are listed on eBay are all green ones and I haven't seen a purple one since I started looking. Find me one if it's that easy ;)

Maybe I cannot distinguish colours, but i see only purple ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=coldplay+shiver&LH_PrefLoc=2

and from what I know, since I started collecting coldplay 10 years ago, the most difficult version to find of shiver was always the light green one. But well, I can be wrong :)

Maybe I cannot distinguish colours, but i see only purple ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=coldplay+shiver&LH_PrefLoc=2

and from what I know, since I started collecting coldplay 10 years ago, the most difficult version to find of shiver was always the light green one. But well, I can be wrong :)

You need to check your eyes, only one of them is purple. It wasn't listed yet a couple of days ago but I'm not going to pay more than €30 for a single like this.

Thanks for the advice!!

Anyways, the rare version has always been the LIGHT green one, or at least it was in the past years. The one that you see as "green" is probably so because of the picture I suppose, I have 2 copies of the green/purple/whatever you talk about and they are pretty similar, not perfectly purple, neither perfectly dark green. On the other side, the light green one I found it only once. It's just this that I was trying to explain. On the other hand I stop collecting in the MX period because I was quite annoyed by that album, maybe now the world is surrounded by light green versions!!!!

Well, I go to see the optician, have a nice eve! :)

You need to check your eyes, only one of them is purple. It wasn't listed yet a couple of days ago but I'm not going to pay more than €30 for a single like this.

Thanks for the advice!!

:p

Anyway, the rare version has always been the LIGHT green one, or at least it was in the past years. The one that you see as "green" is probably so because of the picture I suppose, I have 2 copies of the green/purple/whatever you talk about and they are pretty similar, not perfectly purple, neither perfectly dark green. On the other side, the light green one I found it only once. It's just this that I was trying to explain. On the other hand I stop collecting in the MX period because I was quite annoyed by that album, maybe now the world is surrounded by light green versions!!!!

I'm so confused right now. So what you're saying is that there isn't a purple one, only a dark green and a light green one? Do you (or anyone else) happen to have photos of the light and dark green one because now I'm not sure which one I have.

:)

I'm saying that it is ok to define it purple if you want, but that the purple or dark green one do not differ too much one from the other IMO, and they are simply, IMO again, an issue of the printing machines when they where produced / what you see in the pictures.

On the other hand, the light green one is visibly different. In any case, we are not talking about super rare items, so I think you will be able to have them all easily.

Linus,

I think this one is real. Unfortunately Parlophone didn't use EMI with GS. They decided to use Warner Music Group for manufacturing / distribution. They have always used fake looking promos. Using Paper printed stickers on the discs and very plain looking inlays. I don't think there will be any singles for sale with GS. It costs too much for the production of a CD single and people just don't buy them like they used to. There may only be 3 promos to look for with GS. Midnight, Magic and the pre-release of the album.

Not much excitement with this album for us collectors.

I saw it. I think it was real. Didn't look very cool. Kinda plain.

I'm waiting for about 6 months to see what comes out and waiting for prices to go down before I buy anything.

I still have to go to Target to get the album with the 3 bonus tracks.

I'm afraid that promo does not exist.

I'm afraid you're wrong. I've seen a few copies from the Netherlands being sold on eBay and try there is a release description on discogs.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

after getting all this over the last few days, I'm not currently waiting on any more stuff. so over the weekend at some points I'll gather up ALL my Coldplay things and get it photographed for you guys :)

GhostS_zps9b9d9c6b.jpg

Target_zps2b7a3069.jpg