✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is it just me...

...or is this whole era a bit... boring? Don't mean to be a hater or anything, it is just that Viva la Vida era seemed all in all like such an exciting time to be a fan, and now the MX era really lacks the excitement... Like nothing is happening! Maybe we (or I ) got overexcited too early, when we only knew a couple of songs during the festivals, and then it came to a very calm period... Is this the calm before the storm, maybe? Hope so...

Unfortunately yes :cry: !

Havent heard the whole album since more than one month,just a couple of songs sometimes. I liked the graffiti stuff in the beginning but now to me it seems everything doesnt fit really,dont know how to explain exactly...

Finally, i have to recognize that one( not the major) reason is that Mylo Xyloto is the weakest album so far. I´m just not really interested in it since many weeks. Of course, i like songs like Charlie Brown,DLIBYH or ETIAW...but they are nothing special to me.

I remember when i heard "Talk" first...i never got that special feeling about a song again since that,maybe with Violet Hill and Life in Technicolor(Part One!). I really hope that some unreleased songs (if theyre going to be released...) will bring something "fresh"...

BUT: The Live-Shows of this Era are the best so far ! :)

Yeah, it's been kind of slow.

I still enjoy the album though, listening to it as I type this.

News and excitement should start up again when they start touring in a few days. And hopefully if an EP is released, then things will get crazy on here again.

Yeah, the viva era never had such big gaps between exciting things, short after LiJ video was released we alredy had the Proskpekt's March EP to wait for, that kept us interested a long time, than LiTii and the tour continued with blogs and everything. I hope they are using this time to do something special.

Last time we had something new was on the begining of feburary with CB video, so it's more than 2 months with NOTHING!

The moments right before and right after the album was realeased were quite busy: they did a shitload of festivals and of their own concerts, took part in a lot of TV shows and interivews. It was actually difficult to keep up with everything.

The current break may be a bit long, but another thing to add to the math is that we are probably a bit 'spoiled' (in a good sense) because we could watch online a lot of concerts and nowadays it's easier to share info (interviews and stuff).

It shouldn't be forgotten however that there was a recent interview with Paris up on Coldplay.com, some short radio interviews, that interview shared on facebook and the news and discussion regarding PoC video.

In a nutshell, MX era has yet a lot to deliver and the present sense of 'nothing happening' (which is not really accurate) is, imo, due in a big extent to us having in our 'short-term memories' (I'm not using the expression in the technical sense, but I hope the idea is straighforward) that bucketful of info and stuff.

So yeah a bit of apprehension is expected in that scenario, but let us not worry :thumbsup:

...or is this whole era a bit... boring? Don't mean to be a hater or anything, it is just that Viva la Vida era seemed all in all like such an exciting time to be a fan, and now the MX era really lacks the excitement... Like nothing is happening! Maybe we (or I ) got overexcited too early, when we only knew a couple of songs during the festivals, and then it came to a very calm period... Is this the calm before the storm, maybe? Hope so...

:blank:

If you do not see my exitements in forum in others thread and me not bored of HIS songs .

the songs is better and less of Viva La Vida for my part :bomb:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWLyiyP_iDk&feature=related]Don't let it break your heart - Coldplay (Subtitulado Español) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8UEAhNTdf0]Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall Live 2012 Austin City Limits - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_hWU_Ju6hs]Coldplay - up in flames (subtitulado) - YouTube[/ame]

but I hope it will not be tired in concert and loved to have this song in concert in listen on this page

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fza22EW_-M]Coldplay - Square one (Live @ Toronto 2006) - YouTube[/ame]

The guys are having their break so I don't worry that much. I know that something will come once they're on their feet again. As for the album, sorry but I'm into it really. I really enjoy its upbeat tone. BTW, I'm still expecting an EP for this era.

I think the problem is that the only thing that's really changed since the Viva era is the album. Sure everything's got a coat of paint and whatever, but it's essentially the same thing.

The Viva era was a revolution for the band, when they brought out the costumes, painted instruments, Roadie 42, the Oracle, Anchorman, detailed album artwork and interesting themes.

Here, nothing's new, it's just been adapted for the new album.

^Yeah, I see MX as an extension of Viva in the sense of promotion, everything that worked is happening again, I guess it's all part of a bigger phase of the band itself. As I really enjoyed everything from Viva that's not really a problem, but I wanna see some action!

I think the problem is that the only thing that's really changed since the Viva era is the album. Sure everything's got a coat of paint and whatever, but it's essentially the same thing.

The Viva era was a revolution for the band, when they brought out the costumes, painted instruments, Roadie 42, the Oracle, Anchorman, detailed album artwork and interesting themes.

I fully agree!

yes,

it is kind of weird to have such a long period of silence after the album release..

viva came out in spring, with the tour right after it..

It's not really such a weird pattern for bands big enough to not need the album/tour in close proximity to each other in order to cross promote. It's the album/touring pattern that U2 have used for the last decade. There are just very few bands left big enough to get away with that anymore, so it seems more unusual. Coldplay, with over a decade as a band and in their mid 30's has moved beyond the phase where they will ever be the hip, young band. They're now entering the "elder statesmen" phase of their career.

This era was going fine up until they screwed up with the whole Charlie Brown situation. Now it just seems like they don't have a clue what they're doing. Hopefully once they go back on tour in a few days things will be a bit more interesting.

:nod: