the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 10, 2012 - submitted by Rachael, United Kingdom

Q. Hi Oracle,

I hope you're having a good October :)

My question is if any of the artists that toured with Coldplay will be featured on Live 2012 ;)

Thank you so much

Rachael x

The Oracle replies:

As it's a Coldplay DVD, it will be the band's show; not the support acts' performances.

It's not usual for bands to include any of the openers in their own tour film by the way. There were quite a lot so it'd be a jolly long film!

Rihanna is a featured artist as she performed Princess of China with the band in Paris, so she will appear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JI4DcvYN7c]Coldplay - "Paradise" Live @ Turin (Italy) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnKIW68QzFc]Coldplay - PARADISE @PARIS, Stade de France - 2/09/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Italians do it better :smug:

I loved these videos but it's a pity that you can't hear the audience that much unless Chris specifically asks for crowd interaction.

Wait for the Montreal tracks :P R42 said it was the loudest crowd of the tour so if we can't hear the crowd on the Montreal tracks, then crowd noise has definately been tampered with. I'm kind of disappointed The Scientist isn't the Montreal version, but I'm sure I'll still love the video (promised myself not to watch anything until it comes out!)

Wait for the Montreal tracks :P R42 said it was the loudest crowd of the tour so if we can't hear the crowd on the Montreal tracks, then crowd noise has definately been tampered with. I'm kind of disappointed The Scientist isn't the Montreal version, but I'm sure I'll still love the video (promised myself not to watch anything until it comes out!)

The parisian crowd is alive and well at the end of The Scientist ! We did scream I promise you :):sneaky:

So true, and also because few people actually listen to studio albums with the proper gear. I hope one day to have a proper sound system to really hear the album as it is meant to be heard

I have a really good CD player, it's a ministry of sound one with 2 really big good speakers, it has 4 cd holder things in it :awesome:

Nobody knows where each song was filmed at besides the three we already saw, right?

I think most of them will be from Paris, as the description mentioned Stade De France as the backbone...

"The set is curated from several concerts around the globe, using the 75,000-capacity Stade de France as the backbone"

So true, and also because few people actually listen to studio albums with the proper gear. I hope one day to have a proper sound system to really hear the album as it is meant to be heard

This :nod: I am going to save up and get myself a) a set of really high quality headphones and b) a proper, highest-quality-I-can-afford home sound system.

On the topic of the Live DVD though... WHY IS IT NOT THE 19TH NOVEMBER YET?!?!?!?! I have vowed not to watch any videos because I want to build up the excitement and anticipation and the surprise, but it is such a long time!!! It is going to be wonderful though... I'm going to do nothing else all evening, I will just put on my concert t-shirt and all three of my Xylobands and perhaps get my mum to come in and sprinkle my confetti over me :laugh3: whilst I watch it. And tissues. I am going to need a huge box of tissues. :P