✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

Slightly more than 90mins. I didn't keep the exact time but I didn't come out of there feeling like it was short or anything.

My highlights for me was Charlie Brown, Paradise and Fix You.

CB and Paradise because of how amazing the Xylobands were on screen. Everyone in the theatre gasped when CB started playing and the Xylobands lit up. It was truly amazing.

No Don't Let It Break Your Heart so the film followed the DVD version. Every two songs or so, there is a segment with the boys talking about the concert, Xylobands and touring. Nothing overly personal - the closest personal thing you'll see/hear is the boys talking about being away from their families, etc.

Erm...that's about it really. Don't want to give everything away. :P

For someone who missed the boys in NZ, the film was truly spectacular to see - and also made me a little depressed that I missed the actual concert. :laugh3:

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would see if again if it the tickets weren't that expensive and if the other showings had seats available. Can't wait for my DVD to arrive. I hope they didn't give it all away at the showing. :P

Were in the film The Scientist and DLIBYH?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just arrived home from watching it, and WOW was it AMAZING!!! I think I had a huge grin on my face the entire time, while at other times I had tears of happiness as it reminded me how much their music means to me. I am so proud of those guys :heart:

By the way, make sure you stay to the very end when all the credits have finished rolling. It made me laugh so hard :D

I'm in Coldplay heaven right now and I can't believe I am seeing them this Saturday in Sydney :dance:

I hope everyone enjoys watching it at their local theatre today:)

literally the most emotional i've ever been in a movie. ever. it's probably because it was coldplay ;) the little parts where each of them were talking was the most emotional parts of the movie, hearing their voices and them giving you an actual brief insight of what happens behind closed doors. the little part where (not going to mention who) starts talking about (not going to say who *COUGH FIFTH MEMBER*) was adorable! also, stay until the credits finish, the ABSOLUTE BEST THING HAPPENS. you'll probably cry, smile, laugh and melt in your chair (or start screaming and yelling when they come on screen and sing really loudly like i did [i PROBABLY ANNOYED THE 20 PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THERE]) multiple times you sit there and realise "i can't believe that they have come so far and that i'm seeing this movie IN THE CINEMAS and i'm so fucking proud of them". a week to go until i see them in brisbane and i have NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED. this movie just made my whole week 200000000 times better. i hope everyone gets to see it! :)

This was an incredible movie. I love how it doesn't deal with any bullshit at the beginning and goes straight into Hurts Like Heaven. This film also has some pretty cool visual-artsy stuff like a shot of a cyclist with xylobands all over him and the running man flying across the screen occasionally. I also love how the final verse of Every Teardrop is a mish-mash of all the concerts. The best thing about the film in my opinion is the credits. Just hearing Up With The Birds in a surround sound theatre makes me want to explode in happiness! The problems I have though is 1. Why bother putting Glastonbury? In Album, yes, but We've seen the performance a thousand times already! 2. DLIBYH or Warning Sign is not in the film nor the album, which makes me sad. Could've at least put it on the album! 3. The narration is a bit boring. I feel like I've been hearing the same stuff from every band, only in different wording. "We all face challenges, this guy is great, we wouldn't have done it without such and such, blah blah blah" We've heard it from everyone, really.

Putting all that aside, Great film! 7/10

3. The narration is a bit boring. I feel like I've been hearing the same stuff from every band, only in different wording. "We all face challenges, this guy is great, we wouldn't have done it without such and such, blah blah blah" We've heard it from everyone, really.

Putting all that aside, Great film! 7/10

I agree. I think all the stuff the boys said in their segments were something we've already heard before in one form or the other. I wished they said something new or something more personal about their lives or each other.