✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody needs to further explain the chocolate buttons to us who cannot see the film tonight, please.

Answer here below :

Chris left a message at the VERY END talking about how the chocolate buttons in the future might be something you inject up your nostril and how he loves the chocolate buttons and there crunch. That's all :laugh3:

He's a legend:heart:

Also...an afterthought perhaps, I thought it was a shame that it focussed so heavily on the Paris show. Obviously it was great for continuity, but I wished more footage had come from the Emirates in London! Then again...I would say that because that was the show I saw!!! 10/10!!!! :D

I also wish it hadn't focused so much on france, I would have liked to see how the concerts looked all over the globe.

Also would have been nice for Coldplay to show off how many massive stadiums full of dancing people they can fill :wacky:

^^ Hey Molly, I think you should spoiler it up for the people who have yet to see it! :nice:

Holyshit :dead::freak:

Forever dazzled :dazzled:

I went to see Coldplay in my city. Arrived super early because there were two Twilight premiers tonight as well :lol: I sat up in the room about 1 hour before the screening! :lol: There was a nice couple next to me, I'd say recent fans.They were at the SDF too :cheesy: And the man was the only one, who, during the whole movie, sang and clapped along and everything :lol: It was even a bit annoying at times :P but I thought it was awesome because apparently no one else showed that they were having any sort of fun, apart from some nodding during VLV or PoC. The guy apparently loves Rihanna, and yelloed: WOOOOOOO!!! when she appeared on screen :lol:

The end was the most shocking: most people walked out during the credits, so during Up with the birds!!! :angry: Dafuq ? You hear UWTB at the cinema, you'll most likely never hear it LIVE, so you stay and that's it ok :angry:

LOOOOOL at Chris at the end :awesome: You hilarious you I love you :wacky:

That was so freakin awesome I don't even know where to start. Indeed, we don't learn much during the breaks with the voice over, however the backstage footage is awesome!!

Oh, by the by, I spotted some SHIRTLESS (at the end, of course, ugh I hated that seat that blocked the view in the car :angry:, but also ) while Will was talking. I believe it's Chris, but for once I am not sure. He was lying on the couch.

Yes I am starting by the fangirling because holy crap on a cracker, COLDPLAY ARE HOT. ALL OF THEM :dazzled::dazzled:

Will :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled: Jonny :dazzled::dazzled: Guy (OMG his hotness should be illegal, okay ? That was too much tonight, too much :drunk: ) and Chris ohmyyyyyy :dazzled: And I believe that THE END OF CLOCKS OHMYGOD HAVE YOU SEEN THE END OF CLOCKS, FANGIRLS ?! Holyshit :dead: And actually during the whole film I thought: "Daaamn, that is GREAT gif material" :charming: :lol:

And we can see Chris flowery shirt several times :awesome: Each time I went: oooohmygooood :awesome: So he *does* wear it often, oh this is material for the flowery shirt thread :lol:

Also, this Live is a Buckin fest :drunk: The GPASUYF mating dance moment is eargasmic and orgasmic :drunk::lol:

I think my favourite parts were:

ETIAW (for obvious OMG HERE! NOW! HE'S LOOKING INTO THE CROWD, BUT ACTUALLY HE'S LOOKING AT ME OHMYGOD :dazzled: reasons ) and also I loved how they changed the stage during that song, I thought it was a great way to close, finish the film (and the tour, in a way, even though it's not really over yet) :wacky:

UATW, with the race just before the song :lol: I loved how they used the footage from the fans, and it really reminds you of how you see things when you're at their concert, so that was a great. Also I loved the tiny camera Chris was carrying :awesome:

CB because, even though I had watched the video that was posted on Youtube, seeing 160000 xylobands that way, on that screen, was impressive.

As I said, I loved the backstage footage, especially for what we saw, more than what we heard (because we knew most of it already). I loved seeing, at least briefly, a few of the people who contributed to the tour. I felt that when the 4 were walking was a bit staged though, it didn't feel very natural.

I also really enjoyed how they integrated the crowd into the film. I recognized a few people with whom I had waited during the day (especially Ichrak (ichrek) ohmygod she should be in the credits she appears at least 5 times hahaha :lol: ). I also saw myself for a very brief moment, cut in half because the cameraman was filming people at my left :lol: I think I also spotted myself from different angles, very very briefly, and not my entire face ( :lol: ) during PoC too :surprised: Oh, and I need to check, at the very end, when they wave at the crowd, on the big screen there's a girl clapping for them who looks very much like me :surprised: So, yeah, I'll check all the details next week when I get the DVD :P

It was nice seeing Chris (hayachris) a few times as well! :awesome:

I felt The Scientist was missing a little bit. Glad we at least have it on the DVD bonus, but I think it would be much better if it was integrated in the film, to be more in the mood already, you know ?

Overall, I had an amazing time and I can't wait to watch it again as soon as I can! It was incredible to relive a little of the experience I had in Paris, and even when it was not the Paris footage I really loved it, from the fan's point of view in Montreal to Madrid & La Cigale (which were the first 2 livestream concerts I had seen, so it brought back memories :wacky: ).

It was all nicely done, it looked beautiful and, at times a bit crazy (Major Minus, GPASUYF: crazy moments of the concert :awesome: ), always awesome.

Tonight I'm even more convinced that my love for Coldplay won't fade soon :wacky:

:heart:

Sorry for the messy review, these are my first impressions and I don't have the time to do a proper, good review tomorrow!

I also wish it hadn't focused so much on france, I would have liked to see how the concerts looked all over the globe.

yeah, I think it did quite a good job, contrasting Paris with Glastonbury and then Montreal, but it would've been awesome to include loads of other venues, maybe just for one song? Charlie Brown perhaps? That would've looked amazing!

^^ Hey Molly, I think you should spoiler it up for the people who have yet to see it! :nice:

Holyshit :dead::freak:

Forever dazzled :dazzled:

I went to see Coldplay in my city. Arrived super early because there were two Twilight premiers tonight as well :lol: I sat up in the room about 1 hour before the screening! :lol: There was a nice couple next to me, I'd say recent fans.They were at the SDF too :cheesy: And the man was the only one, who, during the whole movie, sang and clapped along and everything :lol: It was even a bit annoying at times :P but I thought it was awesome because apparently no one else showed that they were having any sort of fun, apart from some nodding during VLV or PoC. The guy apparently loves Rihanna, and yelloed: WOOOOOOO!!! when she appeared on screen :lol:

The end was the most shocking: most people walked out during the credits, so during Up with the birds!!! :angry: Dafuq ? You hear UWTB at the cinema, you'll most likely never hear it LIVE, so you stay and that's it ok :angry:

LOOOOOL at Chris at the end :awesome: You hilarious you I love you :wacky:

That was so freakin awesome I don't even know where to start. Indeed, we don't learn much during the breaks with the voice over, however the backstage footage is awesome!!

Oh, by the by, I spotted some SHIRTLESS (at the end, of course, ugh I hated that seat that blocked the view in the car :angry:, but also ) while Will was talking. I believe it's Chris, but for once I am not sure. He was lying on the couch.

Yes I am starting by the fangirling because holy crap on a cracker, COLDPLAY ARE HOT. ALL OF THEM :dazzled::dazzled:

Will :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled: Jonny :dazzled::dazzled: Guy (OMG his hotness should be illegal, okay ? That was too much tonight, too much :drunk: ) and Chris ohmyyyyyy :dazzled: And I believe that THE END OF CLOCKS OHMYGOD HAVE YOU SEEN THE END OF CLOCKS, FANGIRLS ?! Holyshit :dead: And actually during the whole film I thought: "Daaamn, that is GREAT gif material" :charming: :lol:

And we can see Chris flowery shirt several times :awesome: Each time I went: oooohmygooood :awesome: So he *does* wear it often, oh this is material for the flowery shirt thread :lol:

Also, this Live is a Buckin fest :drunk: The GPASUYF mating dance moment is eargasmic and orgasmic :drunk::lol:

I think my favourite parts were:

ETIAW (for obvious OMG HERE! NOW! HE'S LOOKING INTO THE CROWD, BUT ACTUALLY HE'S LOOKING AT ME OHMYGOD :dazzled: reasons ) and also I loved how they changed the stage during that song, I thought it was a great way to close, finish the film (and the tour, in a way, even though it's not really over yet) :wacky:

UATW, with the race just before the song :lol: I loved how they used the footage from the fans, and it really reminds you of how you see things when you're at their concert, so that was a great. Also I loved the tiny camera Chris was carrying :awesome:

CB because, even though I had watched the video that was posted on Youtube, seeing 160000 xylobands that way, on that screen, was impressive.

As I said, I loved the backstage footage, especially for what we saw, more than what we heard (because we knew most of it already). I loved seeing, at least briefly, a few of the people who contributed to the tour. I felt that when the 4 were walking was a bit staged though, it didn't feel very natural.

I also really enjoyed how they integrated the crowd into the film. I recognized a few people with whom I had waited during the day (especially Ichrak (ichrek) ohmygod she should be in the credits she appears at least 5 times hahaha :lol: ). I also saw myself for a very brief moment, cut in half because the cameraman was filming people at my left :lol: I think I also spotted myself from different angles, very very briefly, and not my entire face ( :lol: ) during PoC too :surprised: Oh, and I need to check, at the very end, when they wave at the crowd, on the big screen there's a girl clapping for them who looks very much like me :surprised: So, yeah, I'll check all the details next week when I get the DVD :P

It was nice seeing Chris (hayachris) a few times as well! :awesome:

I felt The Scientist was missing a little bit. Glad we at least have it on the DVD bonus, but I think it would be much better if it was integrated in the film, to be more in the mood already, you know ?

Overall, I had an amazing time and I can't wait to watch it again as soon as I can! It was incredible to relive a little of the experience I had in Paris, and even when it was not the Paris footage I really loved it, from the fan's point of view in Montreal to Madrid & La Cigale (which were the first 2 livestream concerts I had seen, so it brought back memories :wacky: ).

It was all nicely done, it looked beautiful and, at times a bit crazy (Major Minus, GPASUYF: crazy moments of the concert :awesome: ), always awesome.

Tonight I'm even more convinced that my love for Coldplay won't fade soon :wacky:

:heart:

Sorry for the messy review, these are my first impressions and I don't have the time to do a proper, good review tomorrow!

I actually love this review :') You've managed to capture the madness of the whole show in one post!! BRAVO! :laugh3:

So, just came home from watching the film. The film was good. I drove over an hour to get to a cinema showing it - and it is my BIRTHDAY today. Still I am disappointed! Where were the fans please. I was hoping for a bit of concert atmosphere, some singing, some clapping some cheering. NOTHING. I sat in the last row and was singing with some of the songs. For viva I sang louder and then the girl next to me moved away from her seat to a free one - at least she did not complain! I thought ok - they are shy - we are after all in Germany - but maybe they just need somebody to start it - but then she moves away from me. I know what some might say - your singing was awful ... . It wasn't and this is not the point.

So please let me have your reviews about audience participation - am I the only one who expected singing or cheering?

Thanks

Lorie

So, just came home from watching the film. The film was good. I drove over an hour to get to a cinema showing it - and it is my BIRTHDAY today. Still I am disappointed! Where were the fans please. I was hoping for a bit of concert atmosphere, some singing, some clapping some cheering. NOTHING. I sat in the last row and was singing with some of the songs. For viva I sang louder and then the girl next to me moved away from her seat to a free one - at least she did not complain! I thought ok - they are shy - we are after all in Germany - but maybe they just need somebody to start it - but then she moves away from me. I know what some might say - your singing was awful ... . It wasn't and this is not the point.

So please let me have your reviews about audience participation - am I the only one who expected singing or cheering?

Thanks

Lorie

I wasn't sure what to expect...I was hoping there would be some participation from the audience! Throughout the whole thing I was either playing the drums on my legs or playing air guitar :') (much to the embarrassment of my brother who was sat next to me!) I think the good old British stiff upper lip was in force though, and most people just quietly tapped their feet or nodded along to the beat.

I had the overhwelming urge to stand up and do the Viva chant along with Will when it started, but thought I might get thrown out...so probably better not to!

Just back from a sold out cinema

Wonderful movie about the show in Stade de France! :lol:

La cigale was a welcome alternation! :)

really: to show one more other stadion wouldn’t have been a mistake :huh:

Everything else was impressive: amazing view from the stage to the Xylobands; Viva in Glastonbury with the flags - great!

all in all a very good camera and cutter's work! :dance:

cinema rows: a catwalk for Coldplay-shirts; audience: awesome quiet, no chips and no chocolate cookies :D

Thanks

Lorie

In my city, I didn't expect that many people coming. The room was a bit less than half-filled. Just before the screening, a man (who then said that he was a dj for NRJ Grenoble :surprised: - they are making people win tickets to Australia, btw, too bad I don't have the time to participate) tried to warm up the room...which was pretty difficult already :lol: They weren't really into it, for the large majority. When he asked if some us went to Paris, about 5 of us raised hands and shyly cheered. Some of the songs during the movie ended with a few claps (some initiated by me or the guy next to me, damn what a fanboy :lol: he was REALLY into it, sang a lot and everything :lol:, sometimes it was also initiated by the claps from the movie, that sounded very...close and real, in a way :lol: ). But, yeah, for the large majority, most of the time, it was all pretty dead :| That was a disappointment, definitely, but I tried to not let it get in the way of enjoying the film :) Coldplay's hotness worked making me stare at the screen and focus on nothing else, of course :lol:

^But it's for Coldplay! : )

I've checked the seating chart for my screening. Seems like I'll have people beside me (I'm going alone). I hope they don't mind me crying and lighting up the xyloband.

Xylobands did not work - they are radio controlled which only works a few hundred meters and probably all are run out of battery anyway!

Ok my turn.

Venue: Stratford London

Absolutely fantastic. Second best to seeing it live, which I did in London. But I didn't see myself which was the only bad thing. I wore my mx jacket and sang and clapped. I found it fascinating when the interviews came on and thought it broke the concerts up perfectly - not ruin it as people are mentioning. Now like ever coldplayer I look forward to watching it all again in solid surround sound and blue ray as loud as humanly possible. And see and possible extras such as cadburys buttons-the return of!!!! That's why Chris is the ultimate show man. So much energy and effort. Johnny is immaculate. Will is crazy and guy is smooth. Can't wait for the next album boys. 10/10.

Coldplayers please follow me!

Hope everyone enjoyed the film.

Alex

Alex H.

----------

@ah2k10

Thanks

Lorie

i think it's overall a bit strange to experience a concert in a cinema :inquisitive:

anyway...i've seen it in munich this evening and there was also nobody cheering or clapping along...let's just say they were too overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the film :laugh3:

seen it in haarlem/netherlands tonight and loved it all the way.its cool to see the arena and all from their perspective and the lights and all. i did love the talking in between,makes it more a film instead just a concert and also the way its filmed. even made me emotional every now and then.

and now waiting for the dvd to arrive and watch it over and over again ;)

The film was really amazing! The audience wasn't cheering or clapping along here either but it's a cinema and not a concert venue. So I wasn't expecting that much from the audience. The most important part is that I saw the film and it was absolutely breathtaking, I really felt like I was back at a concert, and it really seemed to be longer than 96 minutes but it wasn't. Amazing:)

In my city, I didn't expect that many people coming. The room was a bit less than half-filled. Just before the screening, a man (who then said that he was a dj for NRJ Grenoble :surprised: - they are making people win tickets to Australia, btw, too bad I don't have the time to participate) tried to warm up the room...which was pretty difficult already :lol: They weren't really into it, for the large majority. When he asked if some us went to Paris, about 5 of us raised hands and shyly cheered. Some of the songs during the movie ended with a few claps (some initiated by me or the guy next to me, damn what a fanboy :lol: he was REALLY into it, sang a lot and everything :lol:, sometimes it was also initiated by the claps from the movie, that sounded very...close and real, in a way :lol: ). But, yeah, for the large majority, most of the time, it was all pretty dead :| That was a disappointment, definitely, but I tried to not let it get in the way of enjoying the film :) Coldplay's hotness worked making me stare at the screen and focus on nothing else, of course :lol:

Sorry the crowd sucked, I blame it on the fact sooo many people are STILL pretending to be in the closet about Coldplay, like it's still just not cool to like them:stunned:

god this sounds incredible! looks like everyone more than loved it. shame I can't watch it at the cinema :( can't wait for the DVD release

I will be running to Target on Monday, checking if they have it. If they do I will cancel my Amazon order and then go home, forgo my workout and settle in to watch!

So now my turn:

I just got back from Live 2012, it was the first time when I stood during a movie in the cinema! And not just me! Almost everyone was standing, singing, screaming and clapping their hands! AMAZING! Some people even had glowing xylobands! haha!

And OMG the end... haha xD Chris, are you okay? xD Really funny

And luckily I stayed with my friends after everyone left the cinema and we ask the menager if he has some promo posters. And guess what: HE HAD! He gave us I think 8 posters but it wasn't enough and I didn't get one :( But then I saw one on the wall and I ask if I can take it, the menager said: You found it, so it's yours. OMFG! They helped me to take it off and now I have this really cool poster in my room! xD

P.S. During a movie, when Chris was speaking my friend shouted very loud: Shut up people, Master is speaking! haha xD

omg the Viva la vida, the most incredible thing there. And the chant after we left the cinema! Oh my...

Sorry for any mistakes and everything but I just got back so I'm a bit tired but I can't over it! xD haha

I'll post the picture of my poster later if you want :)

I wish I had been in your cinema - my crowd was really disappointing! Glad you enjoyed it!