✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

tVUl3l.jpg

I watched it with my friend who is a quite big fan of Coldplay also we are the only two who sang along during the whole thing

The crowd was absolutely rubbish no one even try to clap their hands and i have a feeling that the reason they come to see the film was because of instead watching TV at home if you see what i mean i rather the whole cinema only got my friend and me only than with those boring audiences

The only thing i dont like is the setlist but I think i had expected too much before i go in the cinema because since the last time i saw them in last may i never stop listen to their live performances till the Warsaws one so just a bit disappointed with no Lovers In Japan, The Scientist, DLIBYH, or Speed Of Sound etc on the cinemas version

Talk about the good things i personally love all those footages, behind the scene and the momemt that chris j will guy expressing themselves wills part was really touchy with Up in Flames its a pretty perfect match in my opinion also i like how they change the different venues of songs especially when the Violent Hill(Johnny looks a bit different there if you have noticed that haha)

Although Glastonbury festivals is their favourite place to play for me i think this version VVLV doesnt really fit the whole film and i prefer any of those except this version(maybe just the crowd bored me i might be a bit biased)id prefer this version of Yellow or The Scientist or ETDIAW

The Charlie Browns part was abosulety stunning(cheers jason!) ! I was really amazed by the view of during they performing the song when all the xylobands light up ... speechless moment

I really jealous of people who were in that Canadas tour and some people almost only 1 inches distance between Coldplay and them when they performing Us Against The World

I love it how they let Chris speaks the most part of the whole film and giving credits to people that help them loads i hope the next concert film in 2032 Phil will have a little part to speak :lol:

The last part when CM speaking about the chocolate was hilarious it would be great if they have the images or videos of it hahaa however i didnt know what he was talking about(my poor english) until i came back home and watched some reviews it was a shame but nonetheless thanks for the coldplayers and Coldplay it was one of the best nights ive ever had ! ;)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The film was perfect but I was a little sad because when in my place was playing the cinema stops the film because something going wrong grrr than after a half hour people going ( very irri ) I was alone ... and I feel my self really alone , but I can't wait till the dvd comes !

Coldplay Live 2012

rcoldplay_live_2012.jpg

Bucking the most prevalent trend in the concert-doc market, "Coldplay Live 2012" director Paul Dugdale abstains from shooting in 3D as he turns his camera on the world-conquering mensch-rockers as they tour in support of last year's album "Mylo Xyloto." Yet this restraint is nullified elsewhere with unyielding quick cuts, overblown slow-mo and druggy, bright-colored interludes, causing no shortage of clutter in an otherwise solid performance film. Hardcore fans should show up for the pic's Nov. 13 engagement, though healthy ancillary will be required to put a real smile on its backers' faces.

Primarily shot at a show earlier this year at Paris' Stade de France, the film takes a number of detours to Madrid, Glastonbury and Montreal, with the band reveling in the biggest and most elaborate production values of its career. Since emerging as a somewhat awkward pop-rock unit in 2000, Coldplay has learned how to enliven its beige-colored modesty with eye-catching stage design, contagious surges of energy and one particularly brilliant gimmick in which concertgoers are issued LED bracelets that light up in rainbow colors at key moments in the show. (Somewhere, one imagines Bono burying his face in his hands, distraught over not thinking of this earlier.)

Dugdale clearly knows how to quicken the pulse with jumbled edits, crowd shots, psychedelic effects and double-exposed song lyrics scrolling atop the footage. But he seems less sure how to pace it, and the soft contemplativeness of Coldplay's music can sometimes seem comically out of sync with such gussied-up images. On the flipside, when frontman Chris Martin executes a perfectly timed leap into the air as confetti cannons explode around him and the band bursts into the climax of "In My Place," a cut to an uber-dramatic slo-mo shot actually obscures the energy of the moment.

Pleasantly unencumbered by any need to adhere to indie-rock values or project edginess, Coldplay's material shoots for broad, sunshine-breaking-through-clouds transcendence on nearly every song, which makes its music unexpectedly moving when it works ("Up in Flames," "Fix You"), and particularly treacly when it misses ("Paradise," "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"). But as led by the admirably peppy, unself-conscious Martin, the group display advanced levels of salesmanship in putting these emotions across. Stadium stages often serve to magnify every underwritten chorus or hint of hesitancy in a younger band, yet Coldplay's four members never look out of place, even when they're joined by a capital-P Pop star like Rihanna on "Princess of China."

Glimpsed in interstitial interview segments, the quartet mostly offer passing platitudes, and their overwhelming pleasantness can start to feel deadening; a stark black-and-white shot of Martin staring forlornly at his deluxe espresso machine while his v.o. laments the hardships of touring just invites snickering.

Yet perhaps that dullness can provide a blessing of sorts. As Martin notes with disarming clarity late on, after acknowledging that this ostensibly drama-free band has quietly endured its share of addictions and disputes: "We're a very private band, and we just don't really believe in any of that rock 'n' roll myth." Were the film more attuned to this low-key mentality, it might have struck a more appropriate mood.

Tech credits, especially the sound design and mixing, are high-caliber.

link

Album of the week: Coldplay Live 2012

774495-chris-martin.jpg

Chris Martin belts out hits all across the world on Coldplay's latest live album release.

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: Depending where you are in Australia this week, this CD/DVD combo is either a very fresh souvenir of a stunning stadium concert, a budget surrogate for missing said concert, or the biggest spoiler ever.

Because this is the exact show Coldplay are in the midst of charming our country with - wristbands, hits, banter, yoga moves and all.

It's a global affair - one minute Chris Martin is dropping F bombs in France (the album and DVD both have an "infrequent coarse language" warning), the next he's sweating it up at Glastonbury or the Hollywood Bowl.

The black and white backstage footage on the DVD - ping pong, cricket, the loneliness of travelling - doesn't exactly scream the biggest rock band in the world.

But those songs shine. Particularly impressive is the new fire-breathing version of God Put a Smile Upon Your Face. Will Champion sometimes seems like a frustrated drummer, especially with Politik out to pasture, here he truly gets to punish his kit.

God is one of four songs (Yellow, In My Place, Clocks) that were also on their last live CD/DVD, filmed in Sydney nine years ago.

This new one's arguably a bit too heavy on the album it's admittedly showcasing, Mylo Xyloto. But it's nice they were able to capture a show where Rihanna could perform Princess Of China in person. They get right in character - much better than merely watching her sing on screen (sorry Australia). And it's nice that even Chris Martin calls her "Ri-Ri".

Their biggest hits (Paradise, Viva La Vida, Fix You) sit nicely with their more subversive ones (Violet Hill, Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall).

But cruelly edited out are regular setlist visitors Speed Of Sound and, criminally, Warning Sign, while The Scientist is only a DVD bonus track. As potty mouth convert Chris Martin might well say, WTF?

Rating: 4.5/5

link

Coldplay Live 2012 Artwork/Graffiti

Hej guys,

does anyone of you know, where I can get a high resolution picture of the "Coldplay Live 2012" CD/DVD artwork without saying "Coldplay Live 2012" in front of the graffiti?

Like this:

24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc25memDqE1rcdgu6o1_500.jpg

but in hq

Am I the only one that is totally in love with these ambient MX tracks that played in the background of the intermissions/when they boys were talking?

no :awesome: sometimes i couldn't focus on what they said :wacky: :wacky:

also did German subtitles appear while they were talking? because in my cinema yes,they did :nod:

This is the poster the cinema manager gave me last night. It wasn't easy though. When I asked him if he has some promo posters, he said he gave everything to the fans already but I found one on the wall and asked if I can take it and he agreed :D

65330_494826137205593_203575431_n.jpg

The MX CD is just to show you what size it is :)

Hi!

This would be my first post here. But I honestly think there couldn't be better moment.

I didn't plan to go to the movie, but I had really shitty day yesterday, so I bought myself a ticket. I was a lot sceptical about this, but now I feel like my life has changed completely.

I've decided few days ago I'd buy Live 2012 for my mother as a christmas present and yesterday I did write a dedication to it after I came back from the cinema.

I honestly don't know how much I love Coldplay. I mean there is everything about the boys that makes me want to keep listening to them. I really think the last band that was such a cultural/sociological/musical/whatever phenomenon were The Beatles. Such a line-up to follow, I must say.

My favourite moment? Definitely first chorus of "In My Place". My heart just stopped right then. And the ending of course. I don't know how it is possible for one man to be that cute, talented, honest and just... great! Chris Martin is like the best man in the world.

What had hit me the most was my feeling about one of the boys' said. That they are finally ready to play stadiums. It hit me everytime there was a crowd view or some powerfull moment. They really are much more than music.

When I started listening to them like two months ago I was very sceptical about MX. I thought it was made that way to sell more copies or you know, more commercial, like Maroon 5 did with them. But now I know. This is pure joy that I love the most in Coldplay. And MX is pure joy. I don't think that Chris and boys will ever be able to do something just for money.

For me my favorite song was "Yellow". Maybe because I've realized during it that I'm in love with my best friend :O

Oh. God. That was amazing, really.

And BTW. (this is going to be in polish :D) Accola, też byłam w Krakowie, bardzo serdecznie Cię pozdrawiam! ♥