✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cancelled my order as well, and I admit I'm not handling it very well. I ordered another one, but I'm utterly disappointed I won't get the litho. I'm calling them tomorrow. (Btw, based on the e-mail you received, they did not charge you.)

Just send them an email and they will give you a special link where you can order Live 2012 with the poster.

So now my biggest problem is that they said they didn't received my money but I don't have it either... so where's my money? :(

Hey, I know it's a bit late but here is my review.

I went to Utopolis Luxembourg to watch the Live 2012. I was so happy that once, something Coldplay related would happen in my country. Our screening was at 7 p.m. and we got there at 6.30 p.m. People were already queuing in front of us but not many. We had to wait a fair long time to be let in and had a wonderfully CP coloured screen saying: Have a great show. I was super excited. I was the only person wearing a MX themed shirt and a xyloband which was a bit disappointing but not really surprising to be honest.

Then the film began. In Paris. The concert I attented. So many goosebumps! It was wonderful! I felt tears coming because of these wonderful memories I have. But soon it was going to be a bit worse than I thought.

During the intro of Yellow, we got a massive sound problem. Nothing was done during nearly five minutes, the film continued and we were sitting there with a super loud buzzing. Then they finally managed to stop the film and rewound it a bit. It was okay again until some backstage interview where the buzzing restarted! Some people were so pissed that they left the cinema. So the movie had to be stopped and rewound again. I was VERY upset. Plus, I had people sitting behind me who didn't have any respect for others. Okay, they were singing along at some points but they were chatting and laughing so hard, and I can't have that.

The film in itself was beyond words. Just AMAZING. So much from the Stade de France which made me really emotional. The interviews in between were heartbreaking. I loved how much each of the bandmembers were talking. But Phil could have said something as well ;)

You could feel how sincere they were and how important it is for them to have people showing up to their concerts. And you could also feel how personal it was.

I personally loved ALL of it,the majestic and spectacular performances, the surprises (Madrid, La Cigale) but also the interviews and the other things (when they were at the beach, backstage with these little cars, in the hotel, and most of all when they were in the car after the Paris concert and they say 'thank you for watching the film' and the last bit when Chris is randomly talking about chocolate of the future :p :p :p )

Oh and btw, fangirls like me know how much we got spoiled in that film ^^^^ :dazzled: :dazzled: :dazzled: Seeing these handsome creatures on such a big screen is quite nice ;)

So overall, I loved the film so much (too bad they didn't take the Paris C Stage moment because I was front row) but hey, it's still the best!!!! WONDERFUL!! So happy I could see it despite the shitty malfunctional cinema :p

Here some pictures :

IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0952_zpsb3549d1e.jpg?t=1352994504

Sorry for the length of the review and sorry for the mistakes ;)

Now I really have to read the other reviews :D

Yeah, I don't really care if the litho is on time or not. As long as the bluray gets here soon I'm happy.

On a related note, I've never bought a lithograph before. How do I frame it? Like a normal picture?

I have got the first three album litographs. They did not have a standard size so I had to have them custom framed with non-reflecting glass for A LOT of money....

hvkjxno9.jpg

...but worth every cent, don't You think?

The litho is 594mm x 379mm

Why are people wanting a torrent for the film? You know, patience is within us all and you can just wait until release (which isn't long now). I can only guess the people who want the torrent aren't buying it

I don't think so. I think almost everybody on this forum would be buying it regardless (otherwise they wouldn't be here). Some people just don't have patience lol

I saw it in cinemas so I'm good to go, though

Received the same e-mail even though I cancelled my litograph order :uhoh:

Why are people wanting a torrent for the film? You know, patience is within us all and you can just wait until release (which isn't long now). I can only guess the people who want the torrent aren't buying it

Well it"s always nice to have a copy on your hd without having to go through the hassle of ripping it yourself. I watch everything on my pc and don't like popping in the dvd every time. So even though I ordered it, I'll download it anyway.

All videos so far:

Coldplay Live 2012 (Official Trailer):

EPIX News: Coldplay Live 2012: http://youtu.be/w4Jf8vRn3Ok

Coldplay Live 2012 (Premieres on EPIX November 17th): http://youtu.be/dV-ggjcO6ZU

Coldplay Live 2012 - Promo: http://youtu.be/2mojkUgs038

Coldplay Live 2012 - Jonny: http://youtu.be/OnS7AkIyChE

Coldplay Live 2012 - Hurts Like Heaven: http://youtu.be/PSuSwzpAzOo

Coldplay Live 2012 - Yellow: http://youtu.be/IcYrzwFqWGU

Coldplay - Paradise (Live 2012 from Paris):

Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (from Live 2012 concert film):

Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (from Live 2012 concert film):

Coldplay - Clocks (from Live 2012 concert film): http://o.canada.com/2012/11/08/coldplay-live-2012-sneak-peek-clocks-live-in-montreal-canadian-exclusive/

Just a heads up to anyone whose poster bundle was cancelled due to billing issues (apparently my bank decided if I try to order two items outside the USA in one month it must be fraudulent activity), there's still hope! Contact EMI at http://shop.emimusic.com/coldplay/help.html and let them know what happened. Provide the order number for your cancelled order, and they should be able to send you a special link for the purchase of the bundle, as they said they've reserved a stock of them for issues like this. How many bundles they actually reserved, I have no idea, but chances are good there are enough. Good luck!

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, due to packaging issues with the Coldplay lithographic print, delivery of this item may be delayed by up to 5 days.

However, the CD/DVD/Bluray part of your bundle will ship as normal and there will be no delay to this.

We apologise sincerely for the delay to the delivery of your lithograph – this is entirely due to concerns over the packaging of the item.

We are currently sourcing alternative and superior packaging to ensure that you receive the lithograph in the best possible condition.

We will be prioritising your orders throughout next week, shipping them to you as soon as we have received the new packaging and anticipate that all will have shipped by Wednesday 21st November.

If you have any further questions, please email us at [email protected]

Kindest regards

Customer Service

[email protected]

Does anybody know about this problem? Does it mean that I get lithograph instead of poster?

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, due to packaging issues with the Coldplay lithographic print, delivery of this item may be delayed by up to 5 days.

However, the CD/DVD/Bluray part of your bundle will ship as normal and there will be no delay to this.

We apologise sincerely for the delay to the delivery of your lithograph – this is entirely due to concerns over the packaging of the item.

We are currently sourcing alternative and superior packaging to ensure that you receive the lithograph in the best possible condition.

We will be prioritising your orders throughout next week, shipping them to you as soon as we have received the new packaging and anticipate that all will have shipped by Wednesday 21st November.

If you have any further questions, please email us at [email protected]

Kindest regards

Customer Service

[email protected]

Does anybody know about this problem? Does it mean that I get lithograph instead of poster?

Lithograph=poster

It just means you will get it a bit later because they can't send it together with the CD/DVD.

I'm sorry I'm only sharing my review now, but I had an exam today, so I didn't have time. Neither I have read yours, I'll start now :P

I booked 3 tickets on November 2, although they were probably released in my town the previous day, but I wasn't at home so I couldn't know. Anyway, that day my dad had gone grocery shopping when I checked the cinema's website, so I called him and asked him if he could buy the tickets when he'd finish:

Me: ":wacky: 3 tickets, ask for seats in the back, at the center, and let me know if it's 3D before getting them!"

Dad: "Fine. :rolleyes:"

I went with my 2 best friends, F. and M., who absolutely know how addicted I am to the band and enjoy some of their songs, especially F.

When I came back home from uni, I still had 3 hours of time to waste someway. So, even if I was really, REALLY anxious, I studied for 1 hour and a half for my first exam at uni (which went fine, in case you're wondering :D)...

Then I shut the books and began planning my outfit and what to bring.

I wore my Coldplay t-shirt, which I bought at the Nice concert :wacky: (this: http://media.fanfire.com/images/product/large/COL/COL54544.jpg), jeans, my white and pink xyloband and a pair of earring which have coloured spirals on them :lol:. Then I took a pair of markers and drew random coloured lines on my hand, to make it look like Chris's :awesome:

I also brought my camera but I only took a pair of pics which came out awfully, so I won't even share them here. :P

I'm so happy the cinema is in my town, so I could comfortably go by car. I ALWAYS listen to music while driving, but that evening I didn't not to spoil my "Coldplay music desire"... I mean, I have at least 3 Coldplay songs on every cd, so... :P

The room was partly empty, but we were quite a group of people, all in our 20s/30s, probably. Actually, I and my friends are still 19, so we were probably the youngest. I was the only one wearing a Coldplay t-shirt and a xyloband, I noticed. Everyone looked so normal. It's not like I expected who-knows-what, but that did feel a bit disappointing.

When the lights turned down and the ads began appearing, guess which one was the first?

The preview of Live 2012.

My friends thought the film was already starting, but I 'professionally' explained that it was just the trailer :cool: Still, I had such an HEART ATTACK! :dead:

The ads were shorter than usual, and finally the lights went out.

When MX started, I uncontrollably started shivering, my anxiousness transformed into tears. I felt like I was in Nice once again. My heart was beating fast, I was exstatic, I was finally seeing my boys, again, I was finally showing my friends what a wonderful world I'd discovered a few years ago, what a beautiful family I'd become part of. Reminding these thoughts is making me cry again.

They appeared, the immense audience appeared... And M. even asked me if there were some images from Nice, "our stadium was nothing compared to this, we were half of these people!", I told her.

Hurts Like Heaven was a great introduction, as ever, with all the xylobands flashing. I lowly sang along, not to disturb other people. I sang along from beginning to end. The guy next to me didn't seem very happy to be there, he would shift his position every now and then, wouldn't clap (as some of us did later on, when we began forgetting of our shyness :P), all the opposite of his girlfriend, who sometimes made a lot of noise :lol: Poor boy, he surely came just to please her :P

Anyway... Hurts Like Heaven finished and In My Place blasted in. William Champion, you always kill me with that loud intro! I had goosebumps again. All those confetti were such a such a show themselves! The interaction between the crowd and the guys was amazing... And some of us raised our arms during the refrain :awesome: When Jonny and Chris sang the final part together, I went :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled: and F., whom I've 'widely' informed about Buckin months ago, nudged me and gave me a knowing glance :wink3::dozey: She didn't forget the millions of pics and vids I sent her on Facebook, it seems :lol:

By the way, Jonny's smile on the big screen is even more heavenly :wacky: He smiled so often! There was this sweet exchange of smiles between him and Chris in HLH that made me think: "OMG, there's Buckin in HLH already!!! THERE CAN ONLY BE A LOT MORE IN THE REST OF THE FILM :drunk:"

Major Minus was stunning. My friends were doing a contest to find out who of them knew more songs (:lol:), neither knew this one, so F. asked me the title... Because she was clearly loving it! It really was incredible.

There's so much to write! Yellow, with that intro, was a killer... All the songs were... I loved all the different camera angles, especially during the C stage part, it was unbelievable... In that moment, M. told me: "Why don't they just jump on him (Chris)? :shocked2:" ... :lol: And the run they did to get there, the fast ride on those carts, I... I felt unbelievably proud. I thought: "WOW, they have to run like that every night! And they do it for US! :')"

Viva La Vida was amazing, some of us did sing the choir, still quite lowly though :confused: And Charlie Brown, it was... BREATHTAKING.

My friends remained speechless, as all the rest of us. And then, some would dance in their seats, others would pat their legs with their hand, I kinda tapped the ground with my feet... Whilst the guy next to me would stay still like a mummy. Oh well. :rolleyes: Seriously, how can that girl be with such a boyfriend? I would've already left him :whip:

Paradise was great, Clocks was great, F. was astonished by Fix You and ETIAW, which she recorded on her mobile.

When it finished, some random dude sang the Viva choir, I sang a bit with him, but none else would join :(:whip: M. suddenly told me she wanted to see a Coldplay concert, she'd wanted to come to Nice with me but it was too expensive, so she didn't even ask me to come. F. loved it too, although she didn't say much, but she made me understand she did.

We also commented on the incredible amount of Chris's sweat and the number of xylobands some people in the crowd had :P

I have to add... When Chris, Jonny, Guy, Will spoke, I felt even prouder. They said all that had to be said about them, highlighting how nice, humble, funny, amazing, ideal-family-men they are. And I was so glad my friends could hear it.

All in all, it surely can't cope with their majestic live concerts, but I think Live 2012 shows perfectly how great our band is and how great WE coldplayers are. And what a genius Jason Regler is! I'm so happy he appeared in it too.

I loved the ending, Chris's joke about chocolate buttons :laugh3: I loved how all the guys said goodbye to us in the car! And I loved that it was La Cigale's performance of Violet Hill to be shown, with that beautiful Buckin ending :dazzled:

I felt a mix of proud/stunned/happy all along the show, always happily in tears, my legs were weak and shaking, with the hugest smile on my face, which would turn into a laugh when Chris or anyone else said something funny...

I can say it was my 2nd best night ever, after the Nice concert. And I feel so proud of the band and us. I could explode of pride. :heart:

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhMaHR0cDovL2Rpc3RpbGxlcnlpbWFnZTUuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS8zODA3NjA0MDJlODExMWUyYTc4YzEyMzEzODA0Y2U5MV83LmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=52DtETrugYj_XKdW1bomoxTMinSdlNmlXEhgzpj9ijU

I really hoped to see my xyloband light up, I'd glance at it at times :lol: but no miracle happened :disappointed:

I wasn't the only one who did, was I? :P

EDIT: I now have a pair of pics more...

tumblr_mdqz4hWwUc1rs4clmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mdqzewAch41rs4clmo1_500.jpg

I know, terrible quality, but that's all my Ipod allowed me to do. :P