ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay Live 2012 - review from the UK

Saw it in the UK last night, some thoughts:

I saw the premiere of the Coldplay film- at the big screen it's almost as good as being at one of their concerts.

Most of the footage comes from Stade de France - the stadium in Paris they use for the French rugby internationals.

The set list is like a typical concert - starts with MX, ends with ETIAW. Along the way some nice touches.

There is - like Coldplay Live 2003 DVD - B&W behind the scenes footage amongst the songs. It reminds us why we love them and why the are the world's best band currently.

Chris films their journey into the crowd for Us Against the World with a cinecam - filming is then continued by someone else as they perform. This song is presented in Cine format with sound obviously recorded separately. It's quite odd seeing something we associate with the 1970's (colour cine film) having soundtrack from a modern setting we know well. Perhaps that's what Chris intended -nostalgia but make it modern.

The Chris humour is there too:

" We worry about something going wrong at the last minute. Will smashing an ab from one too many bench presses. Johnny developing an extra finger and playing one too many notes. Guy becoming even more handsome and impossible to light".

:laugh3:

The Chris humour is there too:

" We worry about something going wrong at the last minute. Will smashing an ab from one too many bench presses. Johnny developing an extra finger and playing one too many notes. Guy becoming even more handsome and impossible to light".

THAT WAS SO SO SO FUNNY! The main reason we all love CM so much!

Well now this is INCREDIBLY annoying.

Because my bank effed up my billing information my original pre-order from months back was cancelled. Just had to place a new order now but no where on the site does it mention the exclusive lithograph meaning I guess I'm now no longer getting it. Which is really upsetting because I was so looking forward to framing it.

My original order listed the Bluray and the poster, this one just the bluray. So it looks like I am now out a poster.

Stupid banks.

Okay so this is it! I had such an amazing time yesterday, the whole concert was incredible. Every Buckin moment I saw, I was laughing so hard with my friend. Documentary parts were the best for me. I love the part when they talk about coming home, hotels and stuff. And when Chris is reading on the floor. And oft shirtless Chris :laugh3: at the end and part in the car + chocolate

People got up from their seats,ran down the first row and started dancing and singing, then everybody started singing and well it felt like on the concert :D

Very glad to read all your reviews and emotions on the Live-DVD.

Unfortunately I never got the chance to see it.

When we stood in line (!) to go into the cinema, the cinema-staff screams out:

"Due to technical issues, we can't show the movie..."

I went to 8 concerts with Coldplay this summer (Paris including) and I am heartbroken...

Luckely the DVD comes out in a week from now.

Very glad to read all your reviews and emotions on the Live-DVD.

Unfortunately I never got the chance to see it.

When we stood in line (!) to go into the cinema, the cinema-staff screams out:

"Due to technical issues, we can't show the movie..."

I went to 8 concerts with Coldplay this summer (Paris including) and I am heartbroken...

Luckely the DVD comes out in a week from now.

Really..?!:o I was Supposed to go to that one, but I was unable to... That sucks!:\

^ It happened to my friend too...

Did you get your money back?

Well yes, because it was never taken out to begin with. The order was simply cancelled on their end.

Placed a new order today but no Litho. I'm not going to bother cancelling this one and buying in the shops because this way it'll get delivered to my door, but it's still really frustrating/upsetting.

I tried contacting customer service to see what they can do. Who knows. Maybe I'll get lucky but I won't hold my breath.

First my exclusive litho from the ETIAW set got thrown out when my girlfriend accidentally threw out the whole package thinking it was empty (it wasn't) and now this.

I am forever cursed not to enjoy free Coldplay gifts.

Karla Narubi Vazquez ‏@KarlaNarubi

Coldplay Live 2012! (Round 2) #coldplayfilmhttp://instagr.am/p/R_mwDbRVbW/

30a6e44a2e0611e2a9531231381f288d_7.jpg

Mariana ‏@umatontaa_

Magico <3333333 Coldplay live 2012 http://instagr.am/p/R_ep2-xCvs/

4e672c922dfc11e2a97a22000a9f18aa_7.jpg

Scott A. Hooper ‏@scottahooper

Still bummed I didn't get to see #coldplay live in concert, but seeing them on the big scree @ iPic Theaters

948025462df511e29b3722000a1fa50e_7.jpg

Sabri ‏@sabrikalinoski

Best movie ever , just once in cinemas and I watched !! #Coldplay#Live #MyloXyoto http://instagr.am/p/R_XfqzKKbG/

9126889c2df311e2a50222000a1fb870_7.jpg

caio felipe ‏@caio_ox

Coldplay Live 2012 com amandalet muito ownt! #coldplay#coldplaymovie #coldplaylive #ownt # @ Cinépolis VIPhttp://instagr.am/p/R_Tbwpy0fb/

9c0f9d702dee11e2af1622000a1fb845_7.jpg

Diego Perabeles ‏@dperabeles

Ya ready para Coldplay Live 2012 !!!

c1897b642deb11e29f001231380fdd4d_7.jpg

Paulina Morales. ‏@huasamaria

#coldplay Live 2012 @ Cine Hoyts Parque Araucohttp://instagr.am/p/R_KIY_zI5f/

40fc2c382de311e284b222000a1fbcf6_7.jpg

Tina Johannessen ‏@tina_joh

Kinokos med Sofie på Coldplay Live 2012 #worlds #best #band#coldplay

66ed01162ddd11e2a58122000a9d0ed5_7.jpg

OK so I never made it to their UK concerts as I was too ill.

I've been feeling stronger lately and as soon as I heard this would be shown at my local cinema I knew I'd be going.

My local cinema is in Solihull, West Midlands, they had 2 showings, 6.30pm and 8.45pm. I went to the 6.30pm showing.

I bribed my 13 year old daughter into coming with me by saying she could buy this once we got to Solihull at 4.30pm :sneaky:

th_Solihull-20121113-00006.jpg

It takes me a while to walk anywhere, that's why we got there so early, I use a stick and the cinema is right in the middle of the shopping complex :veryangry2:

We made it just at 6.25pm :shocked2:

th_Solihull-20121113-00007.jpg

The starting credits had just finished and the concert was starting when we got in there.

My friend on Facebook had asked how it was going so I kept her updated, here is our conversation, including the running order

Coldy posted to JesusOnAChopper

Hope you and Mia have a great time seeing Coldplay Live tonight.I bet you sing out loud :) .dont forget to report back :) Another 6 days before the rest of us see it xx

JesusOnAChopper

It's already amazing! In my place at the mo

Yesterday at 18:48

Coldy

Oh wow...I need to go on youtube a listen to that now lol

Yesterday at 18:48

JesusOnAChopper

Yellow right now giving me shivers

Coldy

:) Trying to go back in my mind and remember it all...

JesusOnAChopper

Talky bit after Yellow now

Coldy

Oh so its not just the straight concert..bit documentry too

JesusOnAChopper

Yes they did talky after every few songs I took some vids but don't want to ruin it for you xx

Coldy

I dont mind seeing them I will still be excited to see the whole thing...How was it though..what did you think xx

JesusOnAChopper

On way home now, will tell you when I'm home

Coldy

Ok...good jounrney home x

JesusOnAChopper

OK back home now! I feel exhausted.

Mia Threatened to walk out twice because I was singing :O How rude lol

And I cried at the start of Fix You and Clocks

After the songs I told you above ^^^ here was the running order

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Princess Of China

Up In Flames

Viva La Vida

Charlie Brown

Paradise

Us Against The World on C stage

Clocks

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Closing credits to Up With The Birds and then Chris' voice talking about eating crunchy chocolate buttons and if they have them in the future or not lol

They had talky bits after about every 2 songs which is good if you're a fangirl but annoying if you just want the whole show experience.

I loved it and am so glad I went to see it on the big screen, closest experience I'll get to them being live, but Mia was bored - so both extremes there lol

Coldy

Haha You cant help but sing can you..Poor Mia :)..I cried at Fix You and the Scientist which doesnt seem to be there ..sure I am not imaging that they played it at the concert..I cant say I am that keen on the talking bits .wouldnt have minded at the beginning and the end..Glad you enjoyed it :)...Cant wait to see the DVD..Thanks for this :) xx

JesusOnAChopper

I saw The Scientist on the end credits (refused to leave until the screen was completely black) but don't remember hearing that unless it was at the beginning when I was bouncing around like an excited child lol

Coldy

Haha...that one always get me :)

th_Solihull-20121113-00020.jpg

th_Solihull-20121113-00022.jpg

th_Solihull-20121113-00015.jpg

I also have a few short video clips but won't share them here for fear of copyright infringement.

This is the closest I'll probably get to seeing them live in concert and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was disappointed that the theatre was so empty (about 30 of us in there) and annoyed that not one of them moved or clapped or sang at any point. I was tempted to stick a mirror under some of their noses to see if they were actually alive!

Oh yeah and saw Chris from My Mylo Xyloto Tour at least 6 times, it's nice he has such a big role in the movie as he probably financed half of it :laugh3:

I attended in NC and was quite bummed, they didn't make a big deal about here like they did in other countries, the tickets didn't even say "Coldplay" on them they said "special screening". There were only about 30 of us in there if even that. At first when the movie came on the picture was really grainy and the sound was down so I was about to walk out and tell someone about it but then The title screen came up and it got louder and clearer. I took my 8 year old daughter and she loved it and was singing along and was glad that I took her. I enjoyed the movie but would have loved it more if I could have got more fans together to actually experience the movie. I think it could had a greater turn out if they had advertised more and made it in 3D? Overall, I think I would have enjoyed it just as much if I would have just watched it at home. P.S. I'm glad I stayed until the very end to hear CHRIS MARTIN lol