✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with my daughter. There was only about 20 ppl in our screening and we were the only ones singing and cheering! Think we really annoyed everyone by doing that! Oh well, we had fun and it was great seeing the boys up on the big screen. :D

ITS SO GOOD. It could've been even amazing if they included The Scientist though. That's really confusing. I can see leaving out LiJ (kinda lol) but The Scientist is a must have. And the fact that it is a bonus on the DVD makes it even more confusing.

Also, here's hoping they never play Princess of China again.

Annnnnnd, lithograph frames? Do they have lithograph frames or do I just buy a regular picture frame and do it myself?

Well now this is INCREDIBLY annoying.

Because my bank effed up my billing information my original pre-order from months back was cancelled. Just had to place a new order now but no where on the site does it mention the exclusive lithograph meaning I guess I'm now no longer getting it. Which is really upsetting because I was so looking forward to framing it.

My original order listed the Bluray and the poster, this one just the bluray. So it looks like I am now out a poster.

Stupid banks.

My friend ordered his litho dvd not long after the dvd was announcement and today they send him an email that they had to cancel his order. And he doesn't get his money back.

OH MY GOD... noooo :(

What should I do now... I paid for this :( And I want my DVD with the poster! :(

They cancelled my order as well, and I admit I'm not handling it very well. I ordered another one, but I'm utterly disappointed I won't get the litho. I'm calling them tomorrow. (Btw, based on the e-mail you received, they did not charge you.)

Movie theaters screen 'Coldplay Live 2012,' turn into place of ‘Paradise’ for Coldplay fans

“Coldplay Live 2012” hit the big screen in 57 countries Tuesday for one night only. Gateway Film Center was among the theaters screening the film, turning Columbus Coldplay fans into cinema concertgoers.

The film is comprised of 16 songs, some of which include current hits “Charlie Brown” and “Paradise” and older fan favorites such as “Yellow” and “Fix You.” The concert portion of the film occasionally took brief intermissions, as each of the band’s four members talked about the featured “Mylo Xyloto Tour,” which singer Chris Martin called Coldplay’s best tour ever.

The film also showcased Coldplay’s desire to involve its audience in the show, whether it be through Martin changing lyrics to a song for a reaction from the crowd, or the band playing an acoustic set in the stands among the fans. Most visibly evident were the wristbands, called “Xylobands,” which were distributed to concertgoers prior to each live show in the tour. The wristbands lit up in concert with the songs, illuminating the crowd in a rainbow fashion.

“It’s about getting everyone involved,” said bassist Guy Berryman during his individual segment in the film. “I think the wristband idea is just a progression of that thought, that everyone can be part of the show.”

While watching the documentary of a tour that prided itself on incorporating the crowd, the Gateway Film Center’s audience of about 30 participated in different ways.

Some quietly sang along with Martin, while others simply enjoyed the cinematography of the film.

“It lacked the hype of a real live concert,” said David Sinclair, a first-year in exploration. “But it was still really exciting. I loved all of the different camera angles. It showed something that you might not see at an actual concert.”

Sinclair also pointed out that the $15 ticket to the film was far more palatable than a ticket to an actual Coldplay concert.

According to Ticketmaster, tickets for Coldplay’s Dec. 30 concert in Brooklyn, N.Y., range from around $100 to more than $700.

Some said they were still willing to shell out the big bucks to see Coldplay live, such as Chris Hong, a second-year graduate student in medicine who attended Tuesday’s screening.

Hong saw the band perform in Boston in July and said he enjoyed reliving some of his favorite moments from that concert while watching the band on screen. He also said he valued the personal interviews from each band member.

“It was cool to get that perspective, because you wouldn’t otherwise think about it,” Hong said.

The “Live 2012” DVD, along with an accompanying live CD of the same name, are scheduled to be released Monday.

http://www.thelantern.com/a-e/movie-theaters-screen-coldplay-live-2012-turn-into-place-of-paradise-for-coldplay-fans-1.2953721

I haven't been able to read all the posts in this thread b/c work has been getting in the way. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My experience was awesome. I took my teenage boy and my best buddy who knew nothing about Coldplay, though she recognized Clocks & Paradise. She came away loving Fix You.

I'd be interested to know how the attendance was in other American cities. The room was almost empty in Alpharetta, GA, but that's rural GA for you. I really hope the band didn't lose any money.

Anyway, having the room to ourselves meant we had the best seats as well, middle center. In the same row were a young Coldplay fan and her mom. We sang every song out loud, then clapped when the song was over. I loved every minute of it, every footage, seeing the boys on the giant screen was amazing.

Now I can't wait to get the Live DVD so I can watch it all over again, many times over.