✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart Live

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are still work shopping it. The "Piano" may also be a guitar pedal Johnny has, kind of like the strokes and how their guitars sometimes sounds pianoish.

I really hope so, since it's not at an incarnation I'm happy with. If you listen to the studio version though, there is DEFINITELY piano. Not just guitar with a pianoish effect. Throughout the song.

Although you are right that the main riff in the verses is guitar with pianoish sound.

And it's clear that this song has needed workshopping considering how long they've waited to play it, not to mention they transposed it down a 1/2 step, probably to make it easier to sing for Chris.

On a positive note though - has anyone noticed how the ooooh's at the end have turned into a guitar solo for Jonny? It sounds EPIC!

I really hope so, since it's not at an incarnation I'm happy with. If you listen to the studio version though, there is DEFINITELY piano. Not just guitar with a pianoish effect. Throughout the song.

Although you are right that the main riff in the verses is guitar with pianoish sound.

And it's clear that this song has needed workshopping considering how long they've waited to play it, not to mention they transposed it down a 1/2 step, probably to make it easier to sing for Chris.

On a positive note though - has anyone noticed how the ooooh's at the end have turned into a guitar solo for Jonny? It sounds EPIC!

Don't forget this is the song that they recorded seperately

Its funny though, its almost the opposite of Paradise for me. The live version of Paradise with more piano is amazing.

A Hopeful Transmission was an actual song, it seems like!

Listen closely to how Chris is singing/humming something to it. Doesn't sound like adlibbing to me.

In the MX pop-up book, it was revealed AHT and Mylo Xyloto were songs at one point. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear the full versions sometime soon.

I agree Chris' singing isn't the best, but if they make this song a regular on the tour, he'll probably get better at it. Watching this has got me so so so SO psyched for the show in July! :awesome: I can't wait to be there so I can hear Jonny better :D Even on a video the song sounded super epic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
indeed it is...I updated it again and added more videos of it being played live from other tour dates. :cool:

updated.

I can't wait to hear it live if I can find tickets :P

I heard it live at Nice... it's way better than any video uploaded on youtube

Agreed, the reason is you cant bring any good recording equipment with you so it sounds muffled -__-

• 1 month later...

I've seen them play this song 5 times so far on this tour and I always want to record a video of it but can never bring myself to do it, because I am enjoying the song live too much :D Definitely one of the best songs live.

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favorite if not THE favorite songs off MX, but I didn't enjoy it much either time I heard it live. The problem for me is I couldn't heard that beautiful melody very well, it was all just pounding and noise. Album version is much better IMO.