✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Coldplay's last album?

Coldplayfangirl

Somebody told me today the Mylo Xyloto is Coldplay's last tour and album. Is this true? Has anybody else heard about this? I sure hope it's not true!

Relax, people say this every time they release an album. Even after Parachutes! :laugh3:

Has anybody else heard about this?

As already mentioned, we've heard this plenty of times before. Chris does say 'this is our last [x]' from time to time, but he probably means that they've put some effort on such a thing (most of times, their latest album at the occasion), that they feel as if they had nothing left to do afterwards.

When it's time for their last album and tour, then we'll have very little to do about it, but I don't think (neither do I hope) it'll be anytime soon.

Somebody told me today the Mylo Xyloto is Coldplay's last tour and album. Is this true? Has anybody else heard about this? I sure hope it's not true!

Chris has been saying that for a long time... But he's clearly just joking.

It might be their last album with EMI records (As much as I know, they had a 5-records deal with them), but two years ago they signed a "massive new deal" with Universal. Here's the article: http://www.spinner.com/2010/08/18/coldplay-secure-massive-new-deal-with-universal/

So don't worry ;)

Remember in one interview Chris said he wants the finish the newer trilogy.

First trilogy:

Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y,

Second Trilogy:

VLVODAAHF, Mylo Xyloto, ?

We need an ending, so no worries ! :D

I think I'd much rather one more than like 2038789247 more. I'd like them to challange everything they have into one amazing album rather then just a few good albums.

Remember in one interview Chris said he wants the finish the newer trilogy.

First trilogy:

Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y,

Second Trilogy:

VLVODAAHF, Mylo Xyloto, ?

We need an ending, so no worries ! :D

I think I'd much rather one more than like 2038789247 more. I'd like them to challange everything they have into one amazing album rather then just a few good albums.

It would be interesting if after the tour they do the next album then take a break.

• 1 month later...

This definitely won't be their last. And I can honestly wait for new Coldplay music because I enjoy their discography so much. I just got back into X&Y like it was brand-new. And their B-Sides never get old.