✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Paralympics Closing Ceremony, London, UK (please post your reviews for Wiki,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are getting really good reviews! Just read a few of them! British press is usually so critical of coldplay but they just can't help but like yesterday's performance!

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&p=12707&title=coldplay&more=1&c=1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/live-music-reviews/9528806/Paralympic-Closing-Ceremony-2012-Coldplay-and-Rihanna-review.html

Well, NME remains true to form. They started by telling people all that is wrong with Colplay and added the good bit halfway through the article.

I just watched the closing ceremony. Wow. Just wow. It was an amazing performance. Jealous of all who were lucky enough to be in that stadium last night.

Loved 42, Strawberry Swing, The Scientist, and Charlie Brown the most.

And I feel compelled to say I actually enjoyed the POC performance - Chris and Rhianna have such an incredible chemistry together on stage.

Very proud of our boys. No one could have done that closing better.

Coldplay flying the flag for Oxfam at the Paralympics!

Posted by Rachel Edwards on 10 September 2012

Last night saw the closing of what organisers call the greatest Paralympics games ever! And why were we happy at Oxfam? Because Coldplay flew the flag for not only Great Britain but also for Oxfam, amazing!

The closing ceremony was one to be jealous of for not attending. Titled the ‘festival of fire’ this event was a celebration of what had been achieved of the past two weeks by athletes from all over the world. Reports from the Paralympics have noted that this event has changed the views of those disabled and will forever. What else could make your prouder than seeing we had turned a corner on the perceptions of disabled athletes? Well something else also made me equally as proud. From being sat in Munich, having a small break in the tour whilst Coldplay and some crew went to London, I could see Coldplay showing the world how much they supported Oxfam. Keeping a keen eye on twitter the feedback and talk about Oxfam and Coldplay was amazing, tweets such as;

“@Beckyweckywoo: ooh a quick flick on channel 4 and Coldplay are wearing @Oxfam t=shirts! Yay :) ”

“@PeterGraystone: My best moment of last night so far. Coldplay are all wearing #oxfam logos…”

“@thursleyfarmer: …Great lighting and #oxfam logo on #Coldplay band makes me very happy.”

“@LizzieCass: Watching the #closingceremony… Chris Martin has a @oxfam logo on his t-shirt!!! What a legend! @oxfamontour I bet you’re pleased!!”

And if you missed out then you can watch for yourself some of the highlights, like Chris with his Oxfam logo here, here and during one of my favourite songs here. All I can say on behalf of all the Oxfam staff throughout the world is THANK YOU COLDPLAY for showing the world how much you care about reducing poverty and suffering and knowing that being humankind is important!

untitled-150x150.jpg P5040697-150x150.jpg 0-150x150.jpg

link

This was amazing. So full of heart,childlike and wonderful. So so proud of Coldplay,as if they were my friends...

BTW, what did Chris sing in Every Teardrop? Don't wanna see another generation drop... and then?

(Just wanna see One Direction reach the top???)

Think it was something along the lines of wanting another generation to reach the top.

Thank God I was wrong. :laugh3:

Chris has SOME common sense not to shout out One Direction when it's on an international scale :laugh3:

(My six year old loves that song they sing and sadly I catch myself singing it sometimes...that's what makes you beautiful...alright going to go sit in the corner now :shame:)

I just watched the closing ceremony. Wow. Just wow. It was an amazing performance. Jealous of all who were lucky enough to be in that stadium last night.

Loved 42, Strawberry Swing, The Scientist, and Charlie Brown the most.

And I feel compelled to say I actually enjoyed the POC performance - Chris and Rhianna have such an incredible chemistry together on stage.

Very proud of our boys. No one could have done that closing better.

I've often read old threads on this forum and wondered what ever happened to you. Don't post much anymore?

Who's wondering if Chris was warned not to swear last night?

I think he had figured out by himself :laugh3:

Damn, that ceremony was just too amazing for words. Everything was said already. I would have loved to see a "real" version of Politik, though. I guess I'm a bit biased though, as I think everyone should know this song like everyone knows Imagine by John Lennon. It is such a true, honest and timeless song and it would have added more depth to the ceremony, imo. However that new drums version was absolutely fantastic, and it is great that they thought of that for the ceremony. It is great that Coldplay was "allowed" to play that many songs, actually! What an honor!

I have to admit I am a bit gutted that media titles are mostly about the fact that they were joined by Rihanna & Jay-Z (I mean COME ON GET OVER IT PEOPLE, RIRI WAS THERE FOR NO MORE THAN 10 MINUTES IN A 2H30 LONG CEREMONY), but it's not surprising, as I've said in another thread, she is after all one of the current biggest international pop stars, so media and social networks are interested in her joining such an event.

It was definitely a highlight of Coldplay's career, probably the most important performance they've ever done, and they totally nailed it. They were perfect from beginning to end. I don't think they can be denied the "title" of "biggest band in the world right now" anymore, and it was just another proof of how awesome they are. I will now laugh forever at the ones who mock Coldplay. Or feel sorry for them, as they must have missed the ceremony/ lived something so traumatic in their lives they no longer have heart and soul.

I love that Tweet, from that article posted a few pages ago, saying that it would be enough to show like 3 minutes of the ceremony to vouch in favour of humanity at an Intergalactic trial :laugh3:

And now I'm gonna watch Strawberry Swing and 42 for, like, ever :dazzled:

Who's wondering if Chris was warned not to swear last night?

As Coeurli said, I'm pretty sure Chris has enough common sense not to swear live on TV in front of thousands of people :laugh3: However, I was half expecting to hear "All the boys scream like your off your fucking face!" in GPASUYF :lol:

Jeez, I just read through the last 50 pages. Can't really add anything else but my LOVE FOR THIS FREAKING BAND. They're so amazing I don't even know what to say...

Ihr seid super Coldplay, was würde ich nur ohne euch machen! :wacky:

THIS