✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Paralympics Closing Ceremony, London, UK (please post your reviews for Wiki,

^Have you guys not read the NME article(s) then... Because y'know, they range from 'meh' to scathing.

Even I wasn't overly impressed last night. I loved hearing some older tracks, but Chris needs to rest... His vocals are pitchy (could be nerves coming through too)

Nat, he was very nervous at the start and it affected UATW noticably. However, he setttled down thereafter I thought.

I thought the sound mix was terrible also for UATW and I barely heard Will; whilst the guitar drowned out Chris' voice at times.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get these people commenting on articles like this:http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/poll/2012/sep/10/coldplay-paralympics-poll

How can people honestly listen to GPASUYF, Strawberry Swing, 42, etc. and honestly think "psh, same old Coldplay I already know I hate."

Miserable people simply projecting. Even if it's not one's cup of tea, how about the occasion? The choreography wasn't bad at all. Many of those performers doing amazing things last night were disabled. You don't have to like Coldplay, but you can at least respect the occasion.

Sorry! Wrong thread! I'm very nervous watching Andy Murray on the brink of winning his 1st ever Grand Slam.

Haha, I know the feeling. Not a big Tennis fan, but a lot of my Brit friends are on the edge of their seats right now and I'm picking up their excitement!:D

EDIT: Woo Hoo! Way to do it, Andy!:D

Miserable people simply projecting. Even if it's not one's cup of tea, how about the occasion? The choreography wasn't bad at all. Many of those performers doing amazing things last night were disabled. You don't have to like Coldplay, but you can at least respect the occasion.

It actually annoys me that most people are just saying how much they disliked Coldplay but they don't even mention the athletes or the para orchestra or the dancers with disabilities. The people could at least acknowledge the others involved in the Paralympic ceremony!

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME I NEED TO FIND THIS NEW ORCHESTRAL VERSION OF POLITIK, I WANNA DOWNLOAD IT, HOW CAN I GET IT ? OMG I'M DYING :/ thxxx

It's called Truck Invasion and here's my unprofessional MP3 version. I hope it gets released without the commentators voices all over it.

*link removed by Moderator*

Providing the link to the new location would have been professional.

Anywway! http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95054

It seems unlikely to me that that will happen, since it was co-composed specifically for the ceremonies. But I'd love to be wrong about that. Just think of the money releasing it could raise for the various charities supported by the Paralympics and many of the athletes. *daydreams*:D

I would LOVE to hear a proper sudio versionn made.:)

I think it was nerves at the start, then he seemed to be fine til near the end. To me, he still sounded good, but he was definitely losing his voice by the end. I was still blown away, but I agree his voice needs a break.

I did enjoy it. But at the same time I wouldn't say it is the best performance I've seen. I just think at this point, as much as I'd love to see them again, I just want them to take a break...

Some of the higher notes pretty much were non-existent.

Nat, he was very nervous at the start and it affected UATW noticably. However, he setttled down thereafter I thought.

I thought the sound mix was terrible also for UATW and I barely heard Will; whilst the guitar drowned out Chris' voice at times.

Hey Phil. Long time no see :nice: UATW made me cringe straight the way through. He did settle down, but he still wasn't at his best. Even my Mum said she was disappointed-- saying he sounded ill in comparison to June.

It seems unlikely to me that that will happen, since it was co-composed specifically for the ceremonies. But I'd love to be wrong about that. Just think of the money releasing it could raise for the various charities supported by the Paralympics and many of the athletes. *daydreams*:D

I would LOVE to hear a proper sudio versionn made.:)

Yes, the potential for raising money for charity is enormous. Let's hope they do.

Coldplay to get Paralympics sales boost

Following their performance at Sunday’s (September 9) Paralympics Games closing ceremony, Coldplay look set to dominate this week’s Official Singles and Official Albums Charts.

According to today’s Official Charts Company’s sales data, the band currently have nine tracks in the Official Singles Chart midweek Top 100 and all five of their studio albums are currently in today’s midweek Official Albums Chart Top 100.

Of their singles, Princess Of China FT Rihanna looks set to chart the highest, jumping from Number 51 to 29, while Paradise is up 52 places from Number 92 to Number 40. The band’s 2005 Number 4 hit Fix You is up a massive 97 places to Number 74, while 2008’s Viva La Vida surges 148 places from 192 to 44.

Re-entering the Official Singles Chart from outside the Top 200, today the band’s 2000 Top 5 hit Yellow is at 58, 2002’s The Scientist is at Number 60, Charlie Brown is at 87, Clocks is at 91 and Every Tear Is A Waterfall is at 93.

Over on the Official Albums Chart, the band’s latest full-length, Mylo Xyloto, is on course to climb 14 places to Number 6, 2005’s X&Y is up 131 places from Number 194 to Number 63, and Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends climbs 138 places from Number 186 to 48.

Both 2002’s A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Coldplay’s 2000 debut album, Parachutes, re-enter the Official Albums Chart from outside the Top 200 at Number 53 and Number 61, respectively.

link

Following their performance at Sunday’s (September 9) Paralympics Games closing ceremony, Coldplay look set to dominate this week’s Official Singles and Official Albums Charts.

According to today’s Official Charts Company’s sales data, the band currently have nine tracks in the Official Singles Chart midweek Top 100 and all five of their studio albums are currently in today’s midweek Official Albums Chart Top 100.

Of their singles, Princess Of China FT Rihanna looks set to chart the highest, jumping from Number 51 to 29, while Paradise is up 52 places from Number 92 to Number 40. The band’s 2005 Number 4 hit Fix You is up a massive 97 places to Number 74, while 2008’s Viva La Vida surges 148 places from 192 to 44.

Re-entering the Official Singles Chart from outside the Top 200, today the band’s 2000 Top 5 hit Yellow is at 58, 2002’s The Scientist is at Number 60, Charlie Brown is at 87, Clocks is at 91 and Every Tear Is A Waterfall is at 93.

Over on the Official Albums Chart, the band’s latest full-length, Mylo Xyloto, is on course to climb 14 places to Number 6, 2005’s X&Y is up 131 places from Number 194 to Number 63, and Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends climbs 138 places from Number 186 to 48.

Both 2002’s A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Coldplay’s 2000 debut album, Parachutes, re-enter the Official Albums Chart from outside the Top 200 at Number 53 and Number 61, respectively.

link

Wow that's a big boost! Very happy for them!

link

Awesome :D

link

Great news! It is well-deserved. :vuvuzela:

I did enjoy it. But at the same time I wouldn't say it is the best performance I've seen. I just think at this point, as much as I'd love to see them again, I just want them to take a break...

Some of the higher notes pretty much were non-existent.

Hey Phil. Long time no see :nice: UATW made me cringe straight the way through. He did settle down, but he still wasn't at his best. Even my Mum said she was disappointed-- saying he sounded ill in comparison to June.

I agree. Even with the breaks this time around, touring is grueling and they need and deserve a break. Their Christmas break is coming up in a couple of months, and their South American dates don't seem to be confirmed yet. Even if they are, some time off is coming soon and they need it. They do sound amazing overall though.:)