✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Paralympics Closing Ceremony, London, UK (please post your reviews for Wiki,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the most amazing experience. The show started with the orchestra's rendition of Politik, which is like one of my favorite songs. The paralympians are a great inspiration for all and I have been following London 2012 quite religiously for last weeks and month!.

Coldplay started with chris' beautiful voice arousing the olympic stadium with Us against the World, a song so fitting for the occasion that I was almost shedding tears by the end of it. Then the songs continued to create one of the most spectacular shows in olympic and paralympic history. the heart shaped ring of fire was so beautiful and so were the gymnasts. "Paradise" sounded so amazing , though at first I thought the crowd was not a totally Coldplay crowd but slowly Chris won everyone's hearts! The light show during "Charlie Brown" was one of the best things I have ever seen and Chris changed the lyrics of GPASUYF to "paralympic Games put a smile upon the face" at the end I think!

They played some of the less played songs like "42" which basically sent shivers down my spine. And I think My favorite part of the show was when Chris sat down with the disabled orchestra to sing "Strawberry Swing",one of the best songs in the already amazing Coldplay Discography!

Rihanna for the first time seemed quite good singing POC, until she started pawing Chris which was weird. But I guess I was reacting due to my already Highly-Alert Fangirling nerves! Jay Z did an amazing job. He is another stadium artist like CP and knows how to handle the crowd and he seemed quite honored to be there. I liked his new verse for Paradise.

Chris was sweating buckets but he is a great frontman and has the most endearing qualities to attract his fans. However , In the MX era he has gotten a little Buff which makes him look younger and Sexier , and He completely rocked out last night! Jonny's guitar and Will's drums worked wonders ! I missed him a bit in the GPASUYF a bit but that guy with no fingers was Crazy good as well! At the end , when "everyteardrop is a waterfall" played and the fireworks started happening , The whole stadium was on its feet! It proved that whatever people say about coldplay , they end up Liking the fact that they are Infact "The BEST Band in the World" !!!!!

http://www.ardtext.de/text/802

PARALYMPICS CLOSING CEREMONY: LONDON SAYS GOODBYE

The 14th Paralympics in London came to an end with a glittering closing ceremony.

The band Coldplay and the singer Rihanna were the main attractions at the closing ceremony in front of 80,000 spectators in the sold-out Olympic Stadium. Before the futuristic music show with the title "Festival of Flame" the athletes from 165 nations marched into the stadium. The German flag was carried by table tennis player Thomas Schmidberger.

British Prime Minister David Cameron paid tribute to the "superhuman" athletes. "The Paralympics have changed the perspective."

Maybe this has been translated before, but I have not had the time to look through all the pages to find out.

Enjoy :) I'm sorry for this long photo-post. I tried to put every photo from yesterday's show.

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+98KaVncV9e2l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+yreYwlP36j3l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+-eDZMWOmydLl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+EVI-xnHXjB2l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+Qo07OKe12gGl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+EWTb57jZZBql.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+eKYckTftGnql.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+z8T0ZGHCHIpl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+XsNpbkLMBjKl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+Dt2m1tCrbPul.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+oElSDsyAMd9l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+v3TGu-lgUxJl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+lykr6Rshd4Vl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+ZoLel_P_Yg1l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+1jNR-9CqLtzl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+tGtwvnFdJF_l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+7yeHXS--ZBEl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+eLCwYPXzsgXl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+NmkqanDgcDdl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+4qbloQVzWcVl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+P0TPLkE9mZYl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+HN60hS0uozIl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+ns5quArLk0Nl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+GsBO3ae2M7il.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+9wq1ykIOd5kl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+gbcGVptMESwl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+eoemrjhxeH4l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+4ecrQA754mal.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+6vNDvBMOf8gl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+ot0_4XJ-LlFl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+eoEvyQGQckal.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+XnbbtBhKtHjl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+T-us1FmGoqLl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+mdHHni49ieTl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+J_hrh8hUep2l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+S66itxq4ooel.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+yrZIbffCyGPl.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+82CV9C5-qCul.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+yaPG7dqeop5l.jpg

Chris+Martin+2012+London+Paralympics+Closing+UskcXllOiBYl.jpg

I guess they added some new photos, most of them were already posted here.

Besides beeing thrilled by the amazing performance I noticed that Jonny was playing an unpainted guitar during The Scientist and I was wondering why because he usually plays a painted one...

JonnyScie.JPG

(I didn't even know he still has one that they haven't painted...)

If you look at other gig photos you'll see this guitar too. He always uses it during the Scientist. It's his '72 Jazzmaster. He's had it for years and years and I suspect he'll never mod it (paint or alter it). Hope that helps.:)

Thanks for all the new pics & reviews, everyone!

This may be a weird choice but one of my favorite parts of the whole thing was during UATW Guy was shown looking up into the stands around the stadium and you could see in his eyes how awe struck he was. Really kind of brought it all home for me. The whole thing was great. Literally, none of them have ever sounded better, they all went above and beyond musically. Jonny especially stepped his game way up but they were all better than I've ever heard them. I'm so glad they brought back 42 and Strawberry Swing (and as many have mentioned Chris sitting down with the orchestra was a highlight). The whole thing had a real "The Beatles Love" feel to it. Another highlight for me were when Chris had the Paralympic flag. Just absolutely stunning, the whole thing. And the best part is, no matter how great this was I'm sure they will surpass themselves. They're just that kind of band:)

This may be a weird choice but one of my favorite parts of the whole thing was during UATW Guy was shown looking up into the stands around the stadium and you could see in his eyes how awe struck he was. Really kind of brought it all home for me. The whole thing was great. Literally, none of them have ever sounded better, they all went above and beyond musically.

This. I thought that too but I also thought that when Rhianna was being lofted high up in her swing Guy was clearly looking up and thinking 'thank God it's not me in that thing!' :)

Loved every minute of this awesome Coldplay gig! Too many highlights to mention all of them. The start with 'Us Against the World' being so appropriate; Strawberry Swing and the closing of ETIAW with a Waterfall and Chris with the Paralympic flag. Love Coldplay so much for doing this.

I just don't get these people commenting on articles like this:http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/poll/2012/sep/10/coldplay-paralympics-poll

How can people honestly listen to GPASUYF, Strawberry Swing, 42, etc. and honestly think "psh, same old Coldplay I already know I hate."

^Have you guys not read the NME article(s) then... Because y'know, they range from 'meh' to scathing.

Even I wasn't overly impressed last night. I loved hearing some older tracks, but Chris needs to rest... His vocals are pitchy (could be nerves coming through too)

I think it was nerves at the start, then he seemed to be fine til near the end. To me, he still sounded good, but he was definitely losing his voice by the end. I was still blown away, but I agree his voice needs a break.

I just don't get these people commenting on articles like this:http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/poll/2012/sep/10/coldplay-paralympics-poll

How can people honestly listen to GPASUYF, Strawberry Swing, 42, etc. and honestly think "psh, same old Coldplay I already know I hate."

I was also reading the comments under the article and thought "Guys you don´t have to like this kind of music, but you have to adknowledge this is some real music !"