✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2013 shows- where are Coldplay playing next year?

MXHLH

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they will do a Latin/American tour in the spring, do some shows in North America during the beginning of summer, Japan in middle of summer then finish off their tour in europe. I was at Glasgow in december and Chris said they were "happy to start off or whole F*****G WORLD TOUR"

so if he said world tour then they havent even done the other half of the world yet, just a few dates scheduled in Australia.

i think it will be better finishing off their tour in scotland, they started this whole world tour in scotland so i think they should finish it in scotland. haha

Im hopeful they will play Slane Castle this summer.

There was a lot of speculation they would play in 2012 but the organisers confirmed that it will take a gap year and return in 2013. The rumour of Coldplay headlining even made the local papers!

And again: "I DO hope God reads this Forum". :D

Slane, Slane, Slane....yaaaay! :dance:

Fair enough, but I would also point out that there are some regions of the US that are as big, or bigger as many other countries, so travel time may be comprable even if it doesn't seem so. Particularly for this tour, there are many people in the US who would have to travel a similar amount of time to what you mentioned in order to get to a show.

You know how many days do you need to travel from Easy to wesr coast in the US, 2 day maybe 3 i did once and it took me 2, in SouthAmerica if you want to go from the north to south in chile takes 3 to 4 days to travel big difference, Uhh?¡and we didnt had the VLV because they were making some changes to the footbal stadium, but we have a big park, Where lollapaloza is held for 3 years. So give as a brek Coldplay must com to South America (Mexico is not south america). Us and Europe have more times to see them.

You know how many days do you need to travel from Easy to wesr coast in the US, 2 day maybe 3 i did once and it took me 2, in SouthAmerica if you want to go from the north to south in chile takes 3 to 4 days to travel big difference, Uhh?¡and we didnt had the VLV because they were making some changes to the footbal stadium, but we have a big park, Where lollapaloza is held for 3 years. So give as a brek Coldplay must com to South America (Mexico is not south america). Us and Europe have more times to see them.

South America just isn't a big enough concert market to warrant the kind of touring your talking about. Even most countries in Europe get 1 or 2 cities hit per tour. The same for most US states (which geographically speaking are comparable to a lot of European countries.) I totally understand you want to see them, but the reality is there's no way a major global tour is going to go from city to city in Chile. 1 or 2 dates in the most major cities is more realistic.

Rumours are there'll be two Slane gigs next year. Hopefully Coldplay will be one out of two. :)

Slane's awfully late in the year for them to play. Even if they do play 2013 dates, I'm not sure they'd want to go 7 or 8 months in based on all the indications we have about their touring plans. (unless they took an extended break in there somewhere. :)) I think they might be into doing it, they've always spoken highly of the previous time they played Slane in 2001, coming back as a headliner could be something they'd want to do.

I'm really hoping Coldplay comes back to North America in 2013 as I missed them the first time around (I was on a long trip in North Africa/Europe). I also missed them on the second North American leg of their VLV tour a few years ago as I was also travelling, but at least that time I saw them during the first NA leg of the tour. I used to catch the band during both the first and second NA legs of each tour and would be so disappointed if I didn't even see them once during the MX tour this time!

I'm really confused as to why they have not even announced an Asia tour yet... they are going to Australia soon, do you think there is any chance that they could still come to Singapore before 2013? They came to Singapore after Australia on the viva tour.

I'm really confused as to why they have not even announced an Asia tour yet... they are going to Australia soon, do you think there is any chance that they could still come to Singapore before 2013? They came to Singapore after Australia on the viva tour.

I'd have to say there's no chance TBH. :\