✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2013 shows- where are Coldplay playing next year?

MXHLH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they hit Hartford and Madison Square in 2013. It'll give me a reason to go home again.

and I wish they'd do Jacksonville, FL shows. Atlanta is a 6 hour drive from my house and Tampa is like a 4 hour drive. I personally don't mind travelling to see them (hell, I'm taking a plane at the end of this month to see them and I'm petrified of flying) but it would be nice to only take a 30 minute drive to see them and be home the same night.

Yes. I totally agree! I would fall out from shock if Coldplay ever played Jacksonville! I couldn't imagine my favorite band playing in my hometown! However, if it isn't country music or Southern rock, Jacksonville isn't interested. At least Tampa and Orlando aren't terribly far.

If they don't do a second NA leg, a lot of people are going to be extremely disappointed and it would definitely raise quite a few question marks about their ability to sustain a global tour, especially since it didn't initially start in stadiums.

But then there's also the question of how long they can fiscally afford to stay on the road. It's already been mentioned several times that this tour could bankrupt the band, so they may be forced to cut it short.

Bankrupt them eh?

I for one would be thrilled if they did a few more intimate shows at some point. It would be great if they could figure out a way to make the audience based on real fans who have been following the band and know more than a few songs instead of people who can afford to just pay their way in.

I know they give away seats to their shows to people who are in the rafters but that can only be a small percentage.

• 1 month later...
December 1, 2012 Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh Mylo Xyloto Tour

1 December 2012, Murrayfield Stadium

GlitterFest 2012

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/scottishrugby/details/event.aspx?itemref=2699

December 7, 2012 Adam Smith Theatre, Kirkcaldy Mylo Xyloto Tour

7 December 2012, Adam Smith Theatre

Sleeping Beauty

http://www.onfife.com/events/sleeping-beauty

Im hopeful they will play Slane Castle this summer.

There was a lot of speculation they would play in 2012 but the organisers confirmed that it will take a gap year and return in 2013. The rumour of Coldplay headlining even made the local papers!

Checked wiki:

- MX Tour is the shortest after Parachutes, only 85 gigs vs Viva 170 vs Twisted Logic 136;

- MX Tour lasts 13 month vs Viva 21 month vs Twisted Logic 22 month.

And new concert gig will be released in November - how many people can be attract after broadcasting? Also add 2013 MX tour calendar.

I suggest we could see another 40-50 gigs next year, maybe US second leg along with Europe, with couple of gigs in Latin America and Japan. This tour is a goldmine for everyone involved. They can't just cut it short like this.

I also remember how before the tour they said something about expansion in East Europe.

So I keep faith, because I f*cked up this year gigs, being too lazy buying tickets months in advance. I really believe with Live 2012 release they could announce new tour dates, which makes perfect sense.

Checked wiki:

- MX Tour is the shortest after Parachutes, only 85 gigs vs Viva 170 vs Twisted Logic 136;

- MX Tour lasts 13 month vs Viva 21 month vs Twisted Logic 22 month.

And new concert gig will be released in November - how many people can be attract after broadcasting? Also add 2013 MX tour calendar.

I suggest we could see another 40-50 gigs next year, maybe US second leg along with Europe, with couple of gigs in Latin America and Japan. This tour is a goldmine for everyone involved. They can't just cut it short like this.

I also remember how before the tour they said something about expansion in East Europe.

So I keep faith, because I f*cked up this year gigs, being too lazy buying tickets months in advance. I really believe with Live 2012 release they could announce new tour dates, which makes perfect sense.

I was just coming on here to post these EXACT numbers, and you beat me to it! ;) I completely agree that there will be more tour dates. Just look at the box office score data on the Wikipedia page... this tour is a massive success financially. I see them still doing Asia, SA, and outdoor NA venues. It's a no brainer.

I was just coming on here to post these EXACT numbers, and you beat me to it! ;) I completely agree that there will be more tour dates. Just look at the box office score data on the Wikipedia page... this tour is a massive success financially. I see them still doing Asia, SA, and outdoor NA venues. It's a no brainer.

Well, I wasn't good at predicting MX release, so maybe I would be again dead wrong, because this era marketing absolutely different to previous releases :P

But I really want to see this performance, let's hope our boys and producers would be a bit greedy in the end :wink3:

I absolutely hope I'm wrong, but didn't the band say that the tour was over after the Australian shows, and that they were taking 2013 off so that Gweneth can be with her mother? I think they probably will do South America and Mexico in the first third of next year, but I think that'll probably be it.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, because I didn't get to see the MX tour! Saw them once on AROBTTH tour, twice on Twisted Logic, and !!ZERO!! times on the VLV tour. So I was really looking forward to seeing them this time, and figured they'd at least come to one of Ohio's three major cities.

There are rumors going around in this thread/the internet about the band taking 12 months off for various reasons (such as Chris relocating to LA) but they're all exactly that, rumors. I'm basing my guesses on their touring history and the timing, and that's all. Maybe I'm being too wishful, but I see the tour continuing after a winter hiatus.