✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2013 shows- where are Coldplay playing next year?

MXHLH

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I need to see Coldplay again next year, I think they're doing Latin America and then taking the rest of the year off.

But Coldplay, who have never come to Mongolia and did not come to Colorado at all within the last year, seriously need to make it up to me by coming to Thailand. If they go to Latin America and take the rest of the year off, then who knows when I'll get so see them live.

they will tour again around spring time then finish about september/october time. then they will have a little break then start work for the next album

You could be write although I feel that the band have already covered the major markets in United States. I don't think there will be any more American dates for this tour.

The Oracle:

Decisions are made and changed on a daily basis as to what happens next after a campaign is coming to an end.

The natural thing to do is to take some time off but that has never yet been a year.

The band may be out of sight to the public but that doesn't mean they aren't working in some way or another.

After the Viva tour, the band returned for a Latin American leg. They finished 11th March 2010. They performed a couple of Crisis at Christmas gigs later that year and then re-emerged for live shows in June 2011 while continuing with the writing & recording process.

So I think we can expect something similar like this, possibly a Latin American leg, and some small shows now and then. Nothing big anymore.

I didn't get to see them this year and I'm still bummed about it. I had money issues during their West Coast leg (I live in the Bay Area) and I decided to skip the concerts without knowing how amazing the production was (especially the Xylobands)

Hopefully I get another chance to see them. I theoretically have the money to go to Australia but that'd be insane cause I'd only have time to go for a few days. Even if they just go to Latin America I'd be able to save up easily for a two week Mexico or Brazil trip.

A part of me still thinks KROQ Christmas or Coachella's a possiblity. Problem with that would be I bet most of the production, especially Xylobands wouldn't be a part of it. But I'd still go in a heartbeat!

You could be write although I feel that the band have already covered the major markets in United States. I don't think there will be any more American dates for this tour.

Agreed. Over the last couple tours Coldplay have actually had a somewhat unusual touring schedule for such a large scale act. They've played a lot of smaller markets worldwide that mid range tours usually hit, but that truly massive tours often skip over. This tour they tended to consolidate things by playing more, bigger, shows in major markets and skipping over smaller ones.

Viva was nearly 200 shows long, and an absolutely brutal schedule for nearly two years. Small bands trying to get noticed may have to push themselves that hard but bands as big as Coldplay are now can afford to give themselves a bit of a breather, which I can't say I blame them for.

• 2 weeks later...
I REALLY don't know if this means everything but there is a stage map for the MX tour for Barclays Center in NY. Here is the seat map:

46139s_a.gif

Notice the X stage...

Looks like you were the first here to catch this one! You got it right, it just got confirmed tonight! Congrats! :D :lol:

Did anyone else notice during the film in cinema that Jonny said the tour will include around 125 shows and they will travel a lot of air miles.

So there could be around 30 concerts still to be announced?:cool:

I think they could play Slane in August and finish the tour in Wembley stadium :P