✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2013 shows- where are Coldplay playing next year?

MXHLH

Does anyone have any idea if Coldplay will return to Scotland in either late 2012 or in 2013? they can't just kick the whole tour off in Scotland at the SECC in 2011 and then return to the UK this year and only do ENGLISH dates :angry: :(

Although I am seeing them in Manchester on 9th June, but still I would have preferred if they came up to the Scottish stadiums again too! such as either Glasgow's Hampden Park or the Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh/Haymarket, both would make brilliant places for Coldplay to play on the MX tour!

I'm not sure. I do know there has been some speculation that the reason Scotland was left of the stadium tour, was do to relatively poor attendence at the Hampden Park gig a few years back, but as far as I know those are just unfounded rumors.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure. I do know there has been some speculation that the reason Scotland was left of the stadium tour, was do to relatively poor attendence at the Hampden Park gig a few years back, but as far as I know those are just unfounded rumors.

Hmm to me that sounds crazy if it were true :/ I was listening to the Glasgow Hampden Park gig in 2009 through BBC Radio 1 and it sounded pretty amazing, especially with the crowd singing along! so I'm not sure what could be classed as 'relatively poor attendance' anyway haha!

Still one of my biggest regrets not going to see Coldplay at that gig, or the SECC concert(s) on the Viva tour either :( would give up every other gig I went to around 2008-2009 to have went to both those Coldplay gigs instead!!

Then now on this tour when I actually do go to gigs, they don't come back to Scotland again for the 'UK' stadium leg :angry:

Hmm to me that sounds crazy if it were true :/ I was listening to the Glasgow Hampden Park gig in 2009 through BBC Radio 1 and it sounded pretty amazing, especially with the crowd singing along! so I'm not sure what could be classed as 'relatively poor attendance' anyway haha!

Still one of my biggest regrets not going to see Coldplay at that gig, or the SECC concert(s) on the Viva tour either :( would give up every other gig I went to around 2008-2009 to have went to both those Coldplay gigs instead!!

Then now on this tour when I actually do go to gigs, they don't come back to Scotland again for the 'UK' stadium leg :angry:

I think people are just straining for any explination that seems the least bit plausable(sp?).

I wish they would finally announce the date for Finland show, it's about freaking time for them to get here...

"New for the band will be a deeper run into Eastern Europe, playing new markets like Finland and Russia"...

http://www.billboard.com/features/coldplay-the-billboard-cover-story-1005314152.story?page=5#/features/coldplay-the-billboard-cover-story-1005314152.story?page=5

I wish they would finally announce the date for Finland show, it's about freaking time for them to get here...

"New for the band will be a deeper run into Eastern Europe, playing new markets like Finland and Russia"...

http://www.billboard.com/features/coldplay-the-billboard-cover-story-1005314152.story?page=5#/features/coldplay-the-billboard-cover-story-1005314152.story?page=5

As I've said before, those kind of quotations don't mean something will happen, or even that it's likely to happen, only that it happened to be under consideration at the time the statement was made.

My friend (who, keep in mind, lies a lot) says that he is going to see Coldplay in NYC next year, 2013- in spring. any proof of this? from what I can see, there is none...

Other than the fact that some people stubbornly insist the band will definately come back to North America?:rolleyes:

probably they will play in South America

I'm less sure of that as time goes on. There were "confirmed" rumors from some promoter several months ago, but it never came to anything. I'm pretty much convinced at this point that they'll play out this year's dates and that will be it.

I'm less sure of that as time goes on. There were "confirmed" rumors from some promoter several months ago, but it never came to anything. I'm pretty much convinced at this point that they'll play out this year's dates and that will be it.

It's still too early to tell.

The rumors say March/April 2013; last time they toured Latin America (during Feb/March 2010) dates were announced in Oct 2009 with rumors floating around way before then.

The rumors say March/April 2013; last time they toured Latin America (during Feb/March 2010) dates were announced in Oct 2009 with rumors floating around way before then.

Exactly! That's what happened last time. It's too early too tell yet, but I'm really confident they'll have some Latin American dates.

Yes, but the rumored dates have been floating around for a long time now with no official confirmation. I really hope everyone who wants to see them gets a chance, but I'm still not convinced there's any credible reason to think they'll definately play South America, Asia, Eastern Europe, or anywhere else next year. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:smug:

I remember reading rumors about them coming on October 2009 during the Viva Tour, in the end they only toured Latin America of Feburary 2010, so dates can change...

I remember reading rumors about them coming on October 2009 during the Viva Tour, in the end they only toured Latin America of Feburary 2010, so dates can change...

They can, but it's never a good sign when this much time passes between rumblings of dates and confirmation. The longer the gap, the less likely the rumors will ever come to anything, but that doesn't mean they won't. Like I said, I really do hope everyone who wants to gets a chance to see them, I just have doubts.

Agreed haha! and make sure they include some more Scottish dates this time or its not a UK tour, its an English tour!! :p

I can't imagine they'd come back to the UK this tour. Aside from Scotland, they've played such huge gigs in most of the major markets that I'd imagine they've probably tapped out the live market for awhile, and I don't see them bringing everything back just to do Scotland (and maybe Ireland). If they can indeed sustain more UK gigs in the immediate future, I'll be very surprised.

I can't imagine they'd come back to the UK this tour. Aside from Scotland, they've played such huge gigs in most of the major markets that I'd imagine they've probably tapped out the live market for awhile, and I don't see them bringing everything back just to do Scotland (and maybe Ireland). If they can indeed sustain more UK gigs in the immediate future, I'll be very surprised.

Yeah I do see your points about it, mine was more of just a hopeful thought that they might return to the UK on this tour :p

Seeing as they pretty much opened the MX tour with a UK arena tour, then were back in the UK for stadium dates this month just there, then I realistically can't see them coming back to the UK for a 3rd leg/round of dates :( it would've been cool for them to do Ireland too for the fans over there too, and not just Scotland like I've said quite a few times now :embarrassed: :laugh3:

Yeah I do see your points about it, mine was more of just a hopeful thought that they might return to the UK on this tour :p

Seeing as they pretty much opened the MX tour with a UK arena tour, then were back in the UK for stadium dates this month just there, then I realistically can't see them coming back to the UK for a 3rd leg/round of dates :( it would've been cool for them to do Ireland too for the fans over there too, and not just Scotland like I've said quite a few times now :embarrassed: :laugh3:

Unless if they do do Ireland & around the same time do play somewhere like Milton Keynes bowl? Clutching at straws i know!

Honestly, I think Ireland would have more of a chance than Scotland, but I wouldn't hold my breath for either.:\ I guess if you count T, they have been to Scotland twice this tour, but still it's a bit odd, especially since they do have a proud Scottish band member.

The band said they'd be in South America in Feb/March. That's still 8-9 months away. Tickets don't normally go on sale that early for concerts. I'd imagine you'll hear something in September/October if that is in fact the timeframe they plan on coming.

They'll probably also return to the US in the first half of 2013 for arena shows. I wouldn't expect to hear anything at least until after the 2012 US tour is over.

Also, I can't imagine them not playing Japan/other Asian cities around the same time as the Australian dates later this year.

Then, I can see them doing another European tour next summer too, focusing mostly on eastern Europe, and countries they haven't visited like Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, etc.

Don't worry, they'll hit as many places as they can. Too much $$$$ is at stake for them not to. It just might take them a little time. They said from the start that this tour will probably last until summer 2013, so just be patient! I'm patiently awaiting the announcement of an Ohio date, as I can't make any of the 2012 US shows!

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope they hit Hartford and Madison Square in 2013. It'll give me a reason to go home again.

and I wish they'd do Jacksonville, FL shows. Atlanta is a 6 hour drive from my house and Tampa is like a 4 hour drive. I personally don't mind travelling to see them (hell, I'm taking a plane at the end of this month to see them and I'm petrified of flying) but it would be nice to only take a 30 minute drive to see them and be home the same night.