✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah sorry if we gave the impression that we thought you meant in real life.

No, I thought already that you meant the comic. I just think they don't exist in the comic the way Major Minus describes them. It's just made up by Major Minus to scare the Silencians. If they exist, they probably only eat the kind of Major Minus (Irdok).

• 2 weeks later...

I finally caught up with issue #5.

Overall, the comic is better than I expected.

As someone mentioned before I don't really see that much of a connection to the album, I had the impression it was going to be closely connected or something like that :shrug:

Something I really like is the brightness of the colours of all the things that the sparkers do :cheesy: (I'm reading it on an iPad, I don't know if the brightness translates itself to the physical copies as well)

can't wait until this whole thing is over and we can finally have closure on the MX era:)

This. It's time to have a complete closure :smiley:

Can't wait for issue #6!

• 2 weeks later...

Done with #6...and sad that it's all over!

The ending was... hmm... weird?

is it meant to show that all things good and evil are cyclical?

Also, Moving to Mars is probably Major Minus' story?

I arranged all the comics together and this one is the most colorful of them all.

Done with #6...and sad that it's all over!

The ending was... hmm... weird?

is it meant to show that all things good and evil are cyclical?

Also, Moving to Mars is probably Major Minus' story?

I arranged all the comics together and this one is the most colorful of them all.

Thought the same about the ending! I was like "hmmmm" for a while.

my roommate was telling me about how it is sort of related to society in general. I failed to see his point though

A few immediate thoughts on Fly and Mylo...

Well bullocks… I thought Don't Let It Break Your Heart and Up With the Birds were about moving on, learning from your mistakes, and becoming a stronger person after a break up… but instead we get a HAPPY ENDING?!? Although it is 15 years later, so maybe Fly and Mylo still took some time apart before they found each other again...

This may be my 2nd post ever on this site lol. But overall I'm trying to just put the pieces of the story together and see if I can match up any of the songs on the album. Its much easier to spot the themes than the certain moments.

HLH - Chapter 0 of course

Paradise - Possibly the end, with Silencia finally being free from MM and the Irdoks control and everything being all bright again.

CB - Mylo and Fly painting the town in sparks.

Us Against The World - Mylo and Fly having their bonding experience with their sparks.

MMIX/Teardrop - This one is a bit tricky. I think maybe when the Xylobrytes are freed from their vaults perhaps this is where this comes into play?

Major Minus - this could be at any point where he comes into the story, but it's not only about him, it's almost as if it was all about the Silencers. they've got one eye watching you, one on what you do... and the bridge part is about Mylo's inner conflict as the Silencer's capture Fly and the rest of the Sparkers. and you hear them climbing the steps... I've got my right side fighting but my left side's under the chair.

UFO - I think this could be another part of Mylos inner conflict, as he sees the rocket ship his parents gave him as a symbol for the Sparkers and takes comfort in knowing that they are good people.

PoC - Obviously about the bad feelings between Mylo and Fly + the sparkers after their betrayal at the hands of Rex.

Up in Flames - Mylo knowing all is lost during Upgrade.

Hopeful Transmission/DLIBYH - The radio tower starts spewing out Xylobrytes, and the world is saved. Nobody's heart is broken.

Up With the Birds - so I remember the issue when Fly and Mylo touch sparks or whatever was called Up With The Birds, but I never really knew why. I feel like the first part of the song is mostly about Mylo trying to learn how to use his spark.... and then the end of the song is about the world ending up saved and free.

...... now that I tried making connections, I feel like I have figured somethings out and made myself more confused about other things as well. Feel free to give your input.

Also, what did you think of the kids at the end going to the same hideout as the Sparkers had where Major Minus was? I smell sequel, and with the boys in the Bakery/Beehive with the words "Car Kids" floating around again I feel like we will have more comics in our future. Maybe they will even name it after another character?

...... now that I tried making connections, I feel like I have figured somethings out and made myself more confused about other things as well. Feel free to give your input.

Yeah I'm still pretty confused. It's an inspiring album made for anyone to enjoy, though I can't help but sense there could have been something bigger here. If you're going to make an intense concept album, why not go all the way?

As a rock album I'm in awe of MX's brilliance, but as a narrative these comics leave just as many questions as they answer.

This may be my 2nd post ever on this site lol. But overall I'm trying to just put the pieces of the story together and see if I can match up any of the songs on the album. Its much easier to spot the themes than the certain moments.

Paradise - Possibly the end, with Silencia finally being free from MM and the Irdoks control and everything being all bright again.

Us Against The World - Mylo and Fly having their bonding experience with their sparks.

MMIX/Teardrop - This one is a bit tricky. I think maybe when the Xylobrytes are freed from their vaults perhaps this is where this comes into play?

Major Minus - this could be at any point where he comes into the story, but it's not only about him, it's almost as if it was all about the Silencers. they've got one eye watching you, one on what you do... and the bridge part is about Mylo's inner conflict as the Silencer's capture Fly and the rest of the Sparkers. and you hear them climbing the steps... I've got my right side fighting but my left side's under the chair.

UFO - I think this could be another part of Mylos inner conflict, as he sees the rocket ship his parents gave him as a symbol for the Sparkers and takes comfort in knowing that they are good people.

PoC - Obviously about the bad feelings between Mylo and Fly + the sparkers after their betrayal at the hands of Rex.

Hopeful Transmission/DLIBYH - The radio tower starts spewing out Xylobrytes, and the world is saved. Nobody's heart is broken.

Up With the Birds - so I remember the issue when Fly and Mylo touch sparks or whatever was called Up With The Birds, but I never really knew why. I feel like the first part of the song is mostly about Mylo trying to learn how to use his spark.... and then the end of the song is about the world ending up saved and free.

Also, what did you think of the kids at the end going to the same hideout as the Sparkers had where Major Minus was? I smell sequel, and with the boys in the Bakery/Beehive with the words "Car Kids" floating around again I feel like we will have more comics in our future. Maybe they will even name it after another character?

Spoiler

I haven't read the comics but since a fan heard Will say Car Kids hasn't been thrown away yet could mean something. Could be a sequel, maybe it's not. Maybe it's something else entirely. I'm curious if these two things are connected.. hmm

I think Paradise is still Fly's story - how she was born into the darkness but sees that Silencia could be a much brighter happier place

ETIAW: I like your theory, now that I think about the video it's a similar concept, with the colors finding their way and spreading everywhere. The indoor part of the video is similar to the sparkers' hiding place underground.

POC is the betrayal Fly feels when Mylo leads the silencers in.

I think DLIBYH is the part when Fly asks "are we dying?" and they think they have done all that they possibly could...

UFO could be Rex's dilemma of whether to try to open the doors to let the Eaters out?

And as I said before... Moving to Mars is Major Minus' story of how he got to Silencia.

Those are my theories :)