✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

It's kind of weird cause the Charlie Brown video seemed to bare similarities to the plots a lot of us thought of (like with the guy and the girl and this underground culture), but this is something completely different. Very interesting....

Also a lot of talk about the movie. Is it still in production?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay Announce Six-Part 'Mylo Xyloto' Comic Series

First issue will debut this weekend at Comic-Con

main.jpg

This week at Comic-Con in San Diego, Coldplay will debut a new six-part comic series that tells the story behind the group's last record, Mylo Xyloto.

The series will be published by Matt Groening's Bongo Comics Group and was written by the band and Academy Award-nominated writer and director Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda). According to a note on the band's website, Coldplay and Osborne conceived a character three years back named Mylo Xyloto – "'xylo' as in xylophone, 'to' as in toe," reads the post – and constructed the story from there.

"Gradually Mylo's story and universe came together, and this ended up providing the backdrop for the album and tour," added the band.

Osborne, in a statement, called the project "the latest expression of a music-driven feature animated film that the band and I started developing several years ago."

He also elaborated on the comic's narrative, saying: "It is the story of Mylo Xyloto, a young Silencer on the front lines of a war against sound and color in the world of Silencia. Mylo discovers that the enemy he's been trained to hate his whole life might not be the enemy after all. There will hopefully be many, many connections for people who have heard the album."

To mark the release of the first issue, Osborne and the production team behind the comic will appear at a Comic-Con panel on July 13th to discuss the project. Following the first issue's release, the following five parts will be published monthly beginning February 2013.

link

Really looking forward to that and excited, I'm just a little worried about the "depth" of the things.

On MX, we had lyrics like "every teardrop is a waterfall", and they mention in this announcement a world without music and colors and a "War of Colours", that means it could be either totally cool or a bit shallow.

But I trust them enough to make that an awesome comic!

BTW, does anyone remember a David Rossi interview with a fan site earlier last year where he said this would be their "St. Peppers"-record. Maybe a hint to visual things like "Yellow Submarine"?

Wow, I can't believe its actually happening!!!! I think I'm going to like it, at least I hope I do. If Chris was so heavily involved, then it has to be pretty cool. Its almost like we get an insight into Chris's mind and all the stories he comes up with... sounds epic!!!! :lol: Well, anyway I hope its a success!!!

Not every song is featured in the Mylo Xyloto story, and some have been going on for a very long time (for example, Car Kids was first mentioned in early 2009).

I am ok with the news regarding comic, but if we don't get any new songs, I don't think I'll be overjoyed!

Not every song is featured in the Mylo Xyloto story, and some have been going on for a very long time (for example, Car Kids was first mentioned in early 2009).

I am ok with the news regarding comic, but if we don't get any new songs, I don't think I'll be overjoyed!

Which makes me think some songs will debut from this.

Well, the comic will actually be released on Friday to a lucky handful of people at Comic-Con and on the Coldplay online store site, correct? Or does the variant cover literally mean a cover ONLY? Or is it a comic book with a limited edition cover different from the ones being released in 2013?

I actually think this just paves the way for new songs. I definitely think we will get at least 1 or 2 from the comics. It would be cool if they put out a new song for each issue, but I don't count on that.

That would be awesome! Really cool idea. I asked the Oracle if well be getting any new material to go along with the comical. She probably wont answer though. Ive only ever gotten one question answered by her. About Famous Old Painters not being on MX.

If there's a HLH video coinciding with the release of the issues, it makes me think that HLH will be released in February 2013. It's very late, but Strawberry Swing was released over a year after VLV, so...

The website saying it'll be released on August 6th is a radio, right ? It could just mean they think it'll be release soon so they want to start airing it...like everyone did with PoC

Idk :confused:

edit: or, if HLH really is released next month or quite soon, then I guess the video will be, as some have pointed out, some kind of a trailer for the comic book ?

If there's a HLH video coinciding with the release of the issues, it makes me think that HLH will be released in February 2013. It's very late, but Strawberry Swing was released over a year after VLV, so...

The website saying it'll be released on August 6th is a radio, right ? It could just mean they think it'll be release soon so they want to start airing it...like everyone did with PoC

Idk :confused:

edit: or, if HLH really is released next month or quite soon, then I guess the video will be, as some have pointed out, some kind of a trailer for the comic book ?

Ok gos album came out 3 years ago and they just released a single in may.