✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dead:

So the story is not about graffiti? That's a downer, I had a perfect vision of the album story and now it turns out to be a super hero (or super villain) in a fantasy world and not a boy and a girl being oppressed and meeting each other through graffiti.

Well, it might not be bad, but the real story comes a little too late as I've lived since October with a different story in my head. Those to stories will conflict each other, that's for sure.

:nod: The downside of all this, it's that now they'll give a whole interpretation of the album, and it kinda goes against what they usually say, which is that they don't really explain their songs to leave it to the listener's imagination. :\

So the story is not about graffiti? That's a downer, I had a perfect vision of the album story and now it turns out to be a super hero (or super villain) in a fantasy world and not a boy and a girl being oppressed and meeting each other through graffiti.

Well, it might not be bad, but the real story comes a little too late as I've lived since October with a different story in my head. Those to stories will conflict each other, that's for sure.

This.^

I'm not a fan of comics and not sure should I be happy or not..Well,it's going to be very interesting!

I think that's why he said "that is really up to the imagination of the fans. There will hopefully be many, many connections for them, including lots we didn't even intend I'm sure."

I think there are plenty of ways to tell a story, so I don't think this will invalidate any of the stories we have created in our own heads. Like you said, Chris mentioned many times he wants everyone to use there own unique imagination with the album.

There's a girl in the story, her name is not Xyloto, I guess.

And yes, from what it's said on Coldplay.com, the character's first name is Mylo and his last name is Xyloto.

And since apparently Xyloto really means "xylophone" and "toe", my guess is that during the story he's going to discover that he can make music with his toes.

I love this line... "Let's just say that each Hypnofeed helmet only has one camera lens to show each wearer the world around them safely depicted in black and white. Those camera feeds aren't just directed inside the user's helmet...". You probably think i'm crazy but i think this kinda links back in with the artist 'Xylo' and his art works that essentially addresses the idea of the government being a 'big brother' and controlling the way we think about world issues.

"Those camera feeds aren't just directed inside the user's helmet..."...I still think that there is some connection between the story and the artist Xylo.

:dead:

:nod: The downside of all this, it's that now they'll give a whole interpretation of the album, and it kinda goes against what they usually say, which is that they don't really explain their songs to leave it to the listener's imagination. :\

:nod:

From the Q&A with Mark Osborne:

Does Major Minus really have one eye watching us?

Let's just say that each Hypnofeed helmet only has one camera lens to show each wearer the world around them safely depicted in black and white. Those camera feeds aren't just directed inside the user's helmet...

"You see the world in black and white, not painted right"

:shocked2:

They've been planning this all along :shocked2:

:laugh3:

And Famous Old Painters! :lol:

What I would love is if the comic is filled with little references to Coldplay songs, old and new, even perhaps unreleased ones. For example, Mylo could go to Amsterdam, or drink a glass of water, or get swallowed in the sea... or climb a ladder to the sun! How cool would that be?

THIS IS SO COOL! Can't wait to see where it goes.

Would love to get this comics and see a short movie if they make one.

However the design from the album doesn't really match the design of the comic...the MX font doesn't match the comic font and the graffiti imagery from the album doesn't match the more cartoony imagery on the comics.

Not that it really matters, just thought that it might have been more linked.

It's kind of weird cause the Charlie Brown video seemed to bare similarities to the plots a lot of us thought of (like with the guy and the girl and this underground culture), but this is something completely different. Very interesting....

Also a lot of talk about the movie. Is it still in production?