✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

Ok I'm a bit confused. Is the comic being release worldwide after Comic Con (like a few days/weeks after) or is just the Comic Con goers getting a sneak peak and then the comic being released next year?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found this one on of the articles.

Following the first issue's release, the following five parts will be published monthly beginning February 2013

Do we know the release date for the first issue?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the question !

According to Rolling Stone, "This week at Comic-Con in San Diego, Coldplay will debut a new six-part comic series. [...] Following the first issue's release, the following five parts will be published monthly beginning February 2013"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/coldplay-announce-six-part-mylo-xyloto-comic-series-20120710#ixzz20FsoaIxY

I was just listening the album (for a change :lol:) and had some Ideas

The "story" in the charlie brown music video was probably taken the comics!

Mylo (the guy in the CB video) falls in love with a girl from the world of color

Mylo discovers that the enemy he's been trained to hate his whole life might not be the enemy after all.

And they'll tun wild!

The devil as he's talking with those angel's eyes (UATW)

might be from the girl's perspective. Mylo is suposed to be her enemy, but now they're a couple..

or am I getting to excited? :smiley:

I thought the references were only to help pronounce Xyloto: "xylo" as in xylophone, "to" as in toe.

Don't think it meant someone with xylophone toes :)

the color people can make music with their xyloto's?

wait. why is Myle (silencia) named xyloto..:thinking:

This comic thingy should have been released before the album in my opinion. 'Cause then the whole thing would have worked for me. It would have seemed like this was in the long term plan all along.

Now, it just seems like the boys are doing this without no real plan in mind. Like they are doing it just for the shock factor.

Or maybe it's just me.

Mylo (the guy in the CB video) falls in love with a girl from the world of color

And they'll tun wild!

might be from the girl's perspective. Mylo is suposed to be her enemy, but now they're a couple..

or am I getting to excited? :smiley:

Actually, I think UATW is from the boy's perspective (but it's the same idea: he's in love with a girl from the world of colour, and so they're enemies). I think the whole story is from the boy's perspective, except HLH and Paradise.

^No, Rex is his best friend (according to the Q&A with Mark Osborne on Coldplay.com)

And what if names like Aiko or Rex that we thought were songs were actually only characters ? The project has been going on for 3 years, the South Bank show is from 2009 (right ?)....

Interesting idea. Never been into comics though.

There's now four new things I am anticipating...

- HLH Music Video (I think it will be the best MV of this era, though Paradise is it's only competition in that regard)

- MX Comic (could be nice, hope its not cheesy or lame)

- ColdplayFilm (I really don't think this will be a standard concert DVD...personally, I think that it will be an animated film containing the characters from the comics, and it will cut in and out of clips from the live concert shows)

- New songs...(I just hope this is true, would only make sense to release a song with each new comic release)

Interesting idea. Never been into comics though.

There's now four new things I am anticipating...

- HLH Music Video (I think it will be the best MV of this era, though Paradise is it's only competition in that regard)

- MX Comic (could be nice, hope its not cheesy or lame)

- ColdplayFilm (I really don't think this will be a standard concert DVD...personally, I think that it will be an animated film containing the characters from the comics, and it will cut in and out of clips from the live concert shows)

- New songs...(I just hope this is true, would only make sense to release a song with each new comic release)

I agree with this :nod:

And for the comic, I'm also afraid it'll be a bit cheesy. But I'll focus on the links between the story and the album.

This comic thingy should have been released before the album in my opinion. 'Cause then the whole thing would have worked for me. It would have seemed like this was in the long term plan all along.

I agree with this. Though it was stated that the comic is up for personal interpretation as well and does not specifically set what MX is about, I feel like many of us have already created solid ideas about lyrics and stuff that might be a little thrown off or maybe even ruined by connections in the comic.

But if the comic came first, it would of been cool to read it then listen to the album and connect the two together instead of the other way around.

I don't know, my fear is some music might lose its meaning for me personally because it isn't exactly as deep as I thought, it is just a part of a plot about two lovebirds.

But, again, I guess the way the reader interpretates the story is the only thing that matters.

I agree with this. Though it was stated that the comic is up for personal interpretation as well and does not specifically set what MX is about, I feel like many of us have already created solid ideas about lyrics and stuff that might be a little thrown off or maybe even ruined by connections in the comic.

But if the comic came first, it would of been cool to read it then listen to the album and connect the two together instead of the other way around.

I don't know, my fear is some music might lose its meaning for me personally because it isn't exactly as deep as I thought, it is just a part of a plot about two lovebirds.

But, again, I guess the way the reader interpretates the story is the only thing that matters.

I have the same fear as you, but if it was released before, then you'd have had no chance of getting your own interpretation of the songs. Also, the risk would have been that the comic book would look more important than the album, when really what matters should be the music.

I'm too curious so I definitely want to read the comics and see all the connections, but if MX for instance has a special meaning for you, that you really care about it and you're afraid the comic may ruin it, then maybe you shouldn't read when it comes out :confused:

In addition, if the comic had come out before we might have expected all-animation versions of all the videos and everything else would be comic-centric! I wouldn't wanna give up elephant costumes for anything hehe. :elephant:

Well looking back at this thread: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92307

everyone had boy-meets-girl interpretations already. Only now it's set in a fictional universe.

^No, Rex is his best friend (according to the Q&A with Mark Osborne on Coldplay.com)

And what if names like Aiko or Rex that we thought were songs were actually only characters ? The project has been going on for 3 years, the South Bank show is from 2009 (right ?)....

Wow. This thing has been seriously planned out. :stunned: