✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everything Olympics 2012

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
^ nope Murray woke up inspired today

Totally agree. I've never seen him play this well.

Can't believe Federer played so poorly today. Was he taking advice from the womens badminton players, lol.

30 yrs is old in tennis, especially for Roger who has not missed a main tennis event in over a decade. The semi-final match against Delpotro definitely drained him. I'm not complaining though.

The younger Delpotro went on to defeat Djokovic for the bronze. All is well in my world today. Serena won the single gold yesterday, and she and Venus won the doubles today. These Olympics are great!

^ He should have won Beijing, but Nadal screwed things up like always :lol:

^:lol:

Yeah :angry: Nadal screwed Roger's plans, and lots of time in his career :angry:

:lol: Thank God for Rafa, he saved men's tennis. Roger would have had at least 28 Grand Slams by now. Completely insane!

That tennis match with Murray and Federer was torturous to watch. Federer was playing horribly. So many unforced errors. :sad: Having said that, Murray did a good job of forcing Federer to move around the court, and he had some killer serves during that match.

Anyway, I'm currently catching USA vs. Turkey in women's indoor volleyball. We're ahead two sets to none, and we're ahead in the 3rd set by several points. I'd like to say this will turn out alright. However, our men's indoor volleyball team choked yesterday against Russia, going from a match point away from victory to being crushed in five sets. 'Twas a shame.

Guest howyousawtheworld
That tennis match with Murray and Federer was torturous to watch. Federer was playing horribly. So many unforced errors. :sad: Having said that, Murray did a good job of forcing Federer to move around the court, and he had some killer serves during that match.

Anyway, I'm currently catching USA vs. Turkey in women's indoor volleyball. We're ahead two sets to none, and we're ahead in the 3rd set by several points. I'd like to say this will turn out alright. However, our men's indoor volleyball team choked yesterday against Russia, going from a match point away from victory to being crushed in five sets. 'Twas a shame.

Yeah it's a long long time since I saw Federer dictated so much by his opponent on the court. He was running all over the place. Usually it's he who is putting his opponent on the end of such torture. But Murray was just so aggressive. It was great to see. Often in these big matches he's come out and played too conservatively with little or no bite. But today was different. I think today could do wonders to his career. Look out for Andy in the US Open in a couple of weeks.

Murray was impressive:clap: I'm glad that Del Potro got the bonze (he should have won against Federer...) I've been wondering why do some people bring their babies?! It must be verry disturbing to play while they're crying

Wow Bolt!! Simply the best!

Yeah it's a long long time since I saw Federer dictated so much by his opponent on the court. He was running all over the place. Usually it's he who is putting his opponent on the end of such torture. But Murray was just so aggressive. It was great to see. Often in these big matches he's come out and played too conservatively with little or no bite. But today was different. I think today could do wonders to his career. Look out for Andy in the US Open in a couple of weeks.

I think Murray being the home favorite had so much to do with it. It's hard not to feel discouraged in any way when you have an entire country rooting for you. (BTW, I just remembered that he is a fellow countryman of yours. You must be a proud Scotsman today. :D)

Someone mentioned Federer's age. (He turns 31 next week.) While that could be a factor, I can't say that's a good excuse, seeing that he won Wimbledon (his seventh one, no less) just a few weeks ago. Even champions have bad days, and this was a bad day for Roger. Even so, he earned a beautiful silver medal for the Swiss, and he's still a highly successful tennis player who has 17 grand slam titles to his name, more than any other male tennis player in the world. As important as the Olympics are, I don't think this will get him down too much. I still love him, anyway. :heart:

Believe it or not, coming into the Olympics Gold match, Andy and Roger were tied at 8 wins each, head to head. It's just that Andy never produced his best game during grand slams finals. Wimbledon 2012 final was the 1st time I actually saw Andy compete well, all be it in a losing effort.

Roger is obviously doing well at age 30. He's won his 17th Grand Slam and regained the number 1 ranking. That said, I do believe he just didn't recover from the marathon semi-final match against Del Potro, and his age was definitely a factor.

Murray was impressive:clap: I'm glad that Del Potro got the bonze (he should have won against Federer...) I've been wondering why do some people bring their babies?! It must be verry disturbing to play while they're crying

Wow Bolt!! Simply the best!

I've been watching and going to tennis matches since 1990 and don't remember children crying during matches. Olympic tennis must be a bit different, I guess.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I think Murray being the home favorite had so much to do with it. It's hard not to feel discouraged in any way when you have an entire country rooting for you. (BTW, I just remembered that he is a fellow countryman of yours. You must be a proud Scotsman today. :D)

Someone mentioned Federer's age. (He turns 31 next week.) While that could be a factor, I can't say that's a good excuse, seeing that he won Wimbledon (his seventh one, no less) just a few weeks ago. Even champions have bad days, and this was a bad day for Roger. Even so, he earned a beautiful silver medal for the Swiss, and he's still a highly successful tennis player who has 17 grand slam titles to his name, more than any other male tennis player in the world. As important as the Olympics are, I don't think this will get him down too much. I still love him, anyway. :heart:

It's great to have a tennis player as good as him coming from Scotland which doesn't really have any top class tennis facilities. It says a lot about him that because of this he moved to Spain when he was just 13 to nurture his skills.