✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everything Olympics 2012

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's been well documented here in the UK press of NBC's coverage and it seems to be all over twitter. You get Jon Stewart and everyone else ripping the piss out of them as well for not showing the opening ceremony tribute to the 7/7 bombings in London in 2005, with Emeli Sande singing the hymn Abide With Me.

God there were so many commercial breaks in the opening ceremony it was annoying!

Yeah, and when the countries where walking out they just sipped by Mongolia really fast because there was a commercial break right before they came out. I was not very happy. :\

Guest howyousawtheworld

Two further golds for Britain today. Britain won the showjumping in the equestrian for the first time in 60 years and in the cycling (surprise, surprise!) Jason Kenny defeated Frenchman and defending world champion Gregory Bauge in the men's sprint in the cycling. 18 gold medals now, just one off the incredible total posted in Beijing 4 years ago. What an incredible games this is turning out to be for Team GB!

It's been well documented here in the UK press of NBC's coverage and it seems to be all over twitter. You get Jon Stewart and everyone else ripping the piss out of them as well for not showing the opening ceremony tribute to the 7/7 bombings in London in 2005, with Emeli Sande singing the hymn Abide With Me.

You mean to tell me I missed seeing Emeli Sandé!? D: UGH! Stupid NBC.

Two further golds for Britain today. Britain won the showjumping in the equestrian for the first time in 60 years and in the cycling (surprise, surprise!) Jason Kenny defeated Frenchman and defending world champion Gregory Bauge in the men's sprint in the cycling. 18 gold medals now, just one off the incredible total posted in Beijing 4 years ago. What an incredible games this is turning out to be for Team GB!

Yeah, I just got through seeing the equestrian stuff. While I have learned through watching it that I find it boring, GB did really well in that jump off.

OH NO THEY DI'NT. NBC! *shakes fist*

Spoiler alert for the other Americans who haven't heard/read about the gymnastics:

Gabby Douglas got dead last in the uneven bar finals tonight. From what I read, she had an issue with a handstand or something. Aliya Mustafina of Russia took gold.

Guest howyousawtheworld
You mean to tell me I missed seeing Emeli Sandé!? D: UGH! Stupid NBC.

Yeah, I just got through seeing the equestrian stuff. While I have learned through watching it that I find it boring, GB did really well in that jump off.

Here's the song she sang. (I don't know if Abide With Me is a popular hymn in the US but it is here in Britain) I'm not religious but I found this hauntingly beautiful.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmtRlEIIZnQ]Emeli Sandé - Abide With Me (1 Mic, 1 Take) - YouTube[/ame]

I've been watching and going to tennis matches since 1990 and don't remember children crying during matches. Olympic tennis must be a bit different, I guess.

I've never seen that either. You must be right.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Great Britain become only the second nation other than the US, Russia and China to submit 20 gold medals on the table. They will probably beat the German record of 20 in the hour or so.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Sir Chris Hoy becomes the most decorated British Olympian of all time! The first ever British athlete to get 6 gold medals surpassing Sir Steve Redgrave's 5 medals from 1984-2000.