✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everything Olympics 2012

Guest howyousawtheworld
That one girl, Missy Franklin, has two canadian parents! And she has dual citizenship, but she lives in the states or whatever so she's with the US team.

Waaaah.

And she's 17! I'm 18 and have accomplished nothing ahaha.

18 is no age! Still lots to discover ahead of you. I'd like to think the same being 21!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
^:lol:

Yeah :angry: Nadal screwed Roger's plans, and lots of time in his career :angry:

Still easily the greatest sportsman of his generation though. His rivalry with Nadal has only made him a greater sportsman than he already was pre Nadal. I always want Murray to beat Federer and that will be no different on Sunday but every time I watch Federer on tv I always savour it because when he goes there will not be another person like him. No one will come close to his greatness. I would actually go as far to say that Federer is possibly the greatest sportsman of all time.

Still easily the greatest sportsman of his generation though. His rivalry with Nadal has only made him a greater sportsman than he already was pre Nadal. I always want Murray to beat Federer and that will be no different on Sunday but every time I watch Federer on tv I always savour it because when he goes there will not be another person like him. No one will come close to his greatness. I would actually go as far to say that Federer is possibly the greatest sportsman of all time.

:nod:

I don't know if he's the greatest, but he's definitely on the list :nod:

That one girl, Missy Franklin, has two canadian parents! And she has dual citizenship, but she lives in the states or whatever so she's with the US team.

Waaaah.

And she's 17! I'm 18 and have accomplished nothing ahaha.

Her parents are Canadian? All I knew was that she lived in Colorado. (where I'm from) :rolleyes:

My oldest brother and sister have a dual citizenship cause they were born in Canada...:P

an alumni from the school I'm going to won a medal in swimming :escaping:

Obvious follow-up question is obvious.

Can anyone update me on fencing? That's really the only thing that I care about in terms of the Olympics. :P

enh, Lagunis choked and the italians have cleaned up pretty well. For all else: http://www.nbcolympics.com/fencing/index.html

Guest howyousawtheworld

Brilliant! Great Britain defend the coxless fours for the 4th time in a row since Steve Redgrave's exploits in 2000 with Matthew Pinsent and co! This was their best row of all 4 titles!

Guest howyousawtheworld

Jess Ennis is doing amazingly well in the heptathlon. She's so close to that gold. She's living up to her image as the poster girl of these games.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Got shivers down my spine. Jessica Ennis was simply amazing. The crowd's madness was only continued by Greg Rutherford posting an amazing long jump. What an atmosphere! Looks like we've got our Cathy Freeman moment.

Guest howyousawtheworld

The greatest night in British athletics history. Gold for Ennis, Rutherford and Farah.

One of the greatest days in British sporting history.

Brilliant! Great Britain defend the coxless fours for the 4th time in a row since Steve Redgrave's exploits in 2000 with Matthew Pinsent and co! This was their best row of all 4 titles!

People in London were quite negative about the Olympics but everyone's getting really excited now.

Didn't think I'd watch much of it but I'm kind of getting into it now. It's really nice to see Team GB do so well!

Jess Ennis is doing amazingly well in the heptathlon. She's so close to that gold. She's living up to her image as the poster girl of these games.

I watched an interview with her earlier, it sounded like she's had a difficult time recently. She seemed lovely, I was really made up for her!

Shame about the football though, I guess some things never change.

^But not in single! It'd be the most important victory of his career, for him! (he has always said an Olympic title would be the best "trophy" he could win)

But I'm happy for Murray &the UK that he's in finale, indeed :D

We don't wanna see Murray cry again. Federer's won Wimbledon, it's Murray's turn now.

Sadly it doesn't work that way and Federer will probably win, he always does. :embarrassed:

Guest howyousawtheworld
People in London were quite negative about the Olympics but everyone's getting really excited now.

Didn't think I'd watch much of it but I'm kind of getting into it now. It's really nice to see Team GB do so well!

I watched an interview with her earlier, it sounded like she's had a difficult time recently. She seemed lovely, I was really made up for her!

Shame about the football though, I guess some things never change.

Yeah she seems like the most lovely and down to earth person in the whole world. It couldn't have happened to a better person. There really can't have been that many dry eyes across Britain when the gold medal was put round her neck. The roar from 80,000 people when that happened sounded monumental. The whole nation loves her.