✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're not being paid the tons of money that a production like Mylo Xyloto Tour requires, the Xylobands, the lights, the transporation of all of their equipment. I also think they preferred to take some rest and get ready to go to the studio again for the new record...

I'm feelin really sad... I got to see them in Austin 2011 when the era was just beginning, I got to be in the premier of Paradise and Up In Flames (Live), and also I got to see them in New York this end of year 2012... but, eventhough I wanted to see them in my country with all of my friends, I'm feeling so low cause they were really happy that Coldplay was coming and really enthusiastic about the shows, they wanted to have a Xyloband, they wanted to see all the crowd jumping up in lights together, the band singing and doing what they do best, perform! and all the other show things such ass papers rain, balls, lights, fireworks... But now it's all gone... I just hope the next tour is better than this, because MX is their best production ever! (In my opinion)

So, either way, my friends and I had decided for all next coming tours we're going to at least one US date first, and if they come to Latinamerica then we would go to that one too...

:( ... Saludos a todos!

For everyone saying the band are somehow "disrespectful", "unprofessional" etc. let me just offer my 2 cents:

If the reason for the cancelation is some sort of logistical issue (with the local promoter etc.), and from the information we have available it really seems like it's something along those lines, the band are likely not at liberty to divulge any more information than they have. It really is that simple.

-climbs off soapbox-

Sort of sends a bad message. Imagine if they postponed a European tour. Is there a chance in hell it wouldn't be rescheduled?

I mean, take a week, do five shows in five different countries.

Not an apples to apples comparison. Europe is the #2 global concert market (behind north america), and is also the band's home market. As much as it pains some people, SA isn't. Not fair perhaps, but that's the way it is.

Though for the record, I can think of several bands who have cancelled major tours in major markets (not to mention the bands who simply don't go to places like South America, or if they do only tour there once every 10 or 15 years.)

Objectively, measured against other bands, Coldplay have a damn good record for South American touring (which isn't to say they're the best, or that they hit everywhere their fans would like them to go.) Only that out of 5 major touring campaigns, they've had South American legs for 3, and 2 of those have been fairly extensive.

That is really shitty that they haven't said anything one way or another after 2 months. You don't announce shows, postpone them indefinitely 2 days later, and then remain silent for 2 months. And I don't wanna hear excuses like "they need a break" and "they don't owe us anything more". Bullshit. Their fans made them who they are, they owe EVERYTHING to every single one of their fans. They should look at their fans as customers, and in order to keep customers, the customers have to be kept happy.

If they actually had put tickets on sale, I'd agree, but they hadn't at the time of cancellation, so I can't muster any indignation.

To be frank though, they would still be a global mega band if they never sold/records or toured in SA, so let's not over-inflate the importance of the region in purely commercial terms. The band's commercial base is primarily in Europe and North America for better or worse. This thread has WAY too much hyperbole for my tastes.

In all honesty, if I was in the band (or any band really) and read some of the things people have posted in this thread, I'd be sorely tempted to never go near South America again.

I also think they preferred to take some rest and get ready to go to the studio again for the new record...
I really doubt that it's the reason. They could have rested for a few months and then go to Latin America. Most importantly, they wouldn't have announced anything in the first place!!! It's beyond me that fans would think that such a professional band in the business for 15 years, would announce a tour and then cancel it 2 days later because they don't feel like it anymore.

I'm really sad for you guys, but reading such things makes me mad.

This is shit :(

Thinking objectively its clear that the guys wanted to come.

Think of it. They even talked on interviews that they were exited to go to new country's and visit more places of the continent. But it's not good that they don't give us a clue of the reason why they cancelled plus doing this thing of postponing and canceling is horrible!

I hate this :sad:

In all honesty, if I was in the band (or any band really) and read some of the things people have posted in this thread, I'd be sorely tempted to never go near South America again.

Dude, you don't give a fuck about LATAM fans, and I think you also like that "corner of the world" stuff. Saddly, and shitty.

Dude, you don't give a fuck about LATAM fans, and I think you also like that "corner of the world" stuff. Saddly, and shitty.

No, I don't, but I also don't see the point in constant negativity and sniping. The band have never had anything but good things to say about South America and it's fans, and everytime they go there/plan to go there they get shit on here. Like I said, I wouldn't fault them for saying f$%k it and throwing in the towel at this point.

This is shit :(

Thinking objectively its clear that the guys wanted to come.

Think of it. They even talked on interviews that they were exited to go to new country's and visit more places of the continent. But it's not good that they don't give us a clue of the reason why they cancelled plus doing this thing of postponing and canceling is horrible!

I hate this :sad:

FWIW a postponement usually precedes an outright cancellation. If they could tell you why, it's probably some mundane technical thing that we wouldn't even fully understand even with an explanation.

some random thoughts about that cancellation:

- I was expecting it but still when the band message came out I couldn't help but feel sad & disappointed & I don't even live in Latin America, so I can't blame ppl who were promised concerts on the band's official site being extremely sad & angry.

- I don't expect any further explanation from the band, no reasons were offered before when the band (on previous tours) cancelled a concert, so don't ask for it now.

- I don't think the cancellation decision from the band itself at all. I don't believe any of the personal rumours about illness & all. I think it had to do with their management & organization stuff that I don't understand much about.

- The whole problem came because of the official announcement of the tour, probably without a final confirmation from the organizing company :confused: maybe someone got wrong information & was enthusiastic to share it :shrug:

- It could be that they were trying to work things out the past two months to make this tour happen, but eventually failed. Or they could have known it all along but waited for an unknown reason to announce it.

- though the band message came out as friendly as possible ( addressing dear friends, not dear fans & offering clear apology) the phrase "corner of the world" for a non native English speaker could sound a bit degrading, esp. coming in a sad context.

- I watched the concert at Rock in Rio & thought that the audience was really great, loud & enthusiastic & the band members were clearly enjoying themselves, so no, I can't even imagine that they wouldn't love touring there. The energetic atmosphere ot the MX tour would've mixed wonerdfully with such audience..Alas!! It's the loss of the tour itself, though I doubt it may offer any consolation to the disappointed fans. :sad:

In all honesty, I saw this coming a while ago. I guess the fact that my country wasnt included in the tour in the first place has helped me to accept it and move on quickly. 2013 seems like its gonna be a really quiet year for the band.

I don't know if they are involved with touring or to what extent, but it could have something to do with their label. I know it's been suffering lately.:shrug: Maybe they are also waiting to work out a new contract with Coldplay before continuing or something, cause isn't the band's contract up or something? Again, I don't know if these thins effect touring or have already been resolved but I thought I'd out it out there...

- I was expecting it but still when the band message came out I couldn't help but feel sad & disappointed & I don't even live in Latin America, so I can't blame ppl who were promised concerts on the band's official site being extremely sad & angry.

- I don't expect any further explanation from the band, no reasons were offered before when the band (on previous tours) cancelled a concert, so don't ask for it now.

- I don't think the cancellation decision from the band itself at all. I don't believe any of the personal rumours about illness & all. I think it had to do with their management & organization stuff that I don't understand much about.

- The whole problem came because of the official announcement of the tour, probably without a final confirmation from the organizing company :confused: maybe someone got wrong information & was enthusiastic to share it :shrug:

- It could be that they were trying to work things out the past two months to make this tour happen, but eventually failed. Or they could have known it all along but waited for an unknown reason to announce it.

- though the band message came out as friendly as possible ( addressing dear friends, not dear fans & offering clear apology) the phrase "corner of the world" for a non native English speaker could sound a bit degrading, esp. coming in a sad context.

- I watched the concert at Rock in Rio & thought that the audience was really great, loud & enthusiastic & the band members were clearly enjoying themselves, so no, I can't even imagine that they wouldn't love touring there. The energetic atmosphere ot the MX tour would've mixed wonerdfully with such audience..Alas!! It's the loss of the tour itself, though I doubt it may offer any consolation to the disappointed fans. :sad:

Perhaps the sanest most rational post on this thread.

:nod: :( i'm destroyed... if they'll be working on a new album... honestly it doesn't make me feel any better :cry: this tour was the one to see and i won't now... and when i could see them again here? 2015 2016? last time i could see them was back in 2010 in buenos aires! i've been checking their website every day or every 2 days since mylo came out to see when they were announcing the latin american tour, after the cancelation also... and imagining how i could be dressed like to watch them, which tickets to buy, the plan for that day... it's not just "well, bad luck, i'll see them with new songs in the future"

Considering most of those announcements seem to come from last oct/nov. (roughly the same timeframe as the Coldplay announcement), I think there may be some stuff going on behind the scenes in the South American concert industry that the general public isn't aware of. That's a lot of major tours cancelled in a confined span of time.