✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

I won't justify any mean, disrespectful or angry comment made to him, that is just wrong and well, rude. However, I think after almost two months without any official word regarding the tour (and I'm not even talking about new tour dates or an explanation at this point, just about some "We haven't forgotten about this, we're working on it" or just a plain and simple " I'm sorry, it won't happen" or something along those lines) it is understanble that someone who works with the band and who often interacts with the fans via twitter gets asked for info, any kind of info. Again, I'm not up for anyone sending hateful or angry comments to anyone, especially not to him who probably has no say in the decisions the band takes, but I think this could have been avoided had someone from the band or their people addressed fans' concerns by one simple line.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laga has a point. He's the only person related to the band that has said anything about the future of the tour, it was expected that a lot of desperate people would write to him. I do not approve if it was done in a disrespectful way though (I don't know, I haven't and will not read what people asked him).

In my personal opinion, people shouldn't have done such a big fuzz after his tweet, he does not work with their management and whatever he says can be not exactly true; for example, I remember a few months before he said that the band wouldn't be touring until 2015 or so, and after that they announced the Latin American tour.

So, people should just calm down, arranging all the tour dates takes months and it's only been (less than) two months since the postponement. We still have hope :)

I think Jason should use more commas :uhoh2:

I agree, I somehow don't understand anything that he tweets :P

I can see why people are asking Jason because he's part of the Coldplay family now, and he;'s someone who updates his Twitter account pretty regularly, but people shouldn't harass him to get an answer.

Besides, like he says, he's not the Coldplay management. As others have said, we've not heard much from Coldplay in terms of if the tour has ended or if there are any more potential dates. I appreciate the fact that Jason has replied to a couple of tweets :)

• 3 weeks later...

That is really shitty that they haven't said anything one way or another after 2 months. You don't announce shows, postpone them indefinitely 2 days later, and then remain silent for 2 months. And I don't wanna hear excuses like "they need a break" and "they don't owe us anything more". Bullshit. Their fans made them who they are, they owe EVERYTHING to every single one of their fans. They should look at their fans as customers, and in order to keep customers, the customers have to be kept happy.

There is this "Latinamerica Wants Coldplay" going on :)

The Costa Rican fan page is having their picture taking tomorrow, so it will be some fans wearing coldplay related clothes, taking a picture with the "Costa Rica wants Coldplay" written on some flags :)

The whole point of it is to make them realize that we are eager to know what is going to happen with the Latinamerican part of the tour.

I would love to be there to take the picture with them!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/323634211071395/

https://www.facebook.com/events/249799195150538/?ref=22

That is really shitty that they haven't said anything one way or another after 2 months. You don't announce shows, postpone them indefinitely 2 days later, and then remain silent for 2 months. And I don't wanna hear excuses like "they need a break" and "they don't owe us anything more". Bullshit. Their fans made them who they are, they owe EVERYTHING to every single one of their fans. They should look at their fans as customers, and in order to keep customers, the customers have to be kept happy.

Maybe they can't tell us anything yet, has that crossed your mind?

Even though it seems that they haven't done anything to reschedule the tour, I'd like to believe they are working on it.

Rescheduling dates should be hard, you know, with the venue availability (Mexico City could be having some problems with that since they wanted to close down temporarily the Foro Sol), making all the dates match, etc...

Hopefully the "Latin America Wants Coldplay" campaign will give us something.

edit: nevermind, I just read that the Foro Sol isn't in danger of being closed down.

latam.jpg

Dear friends in Latin America

31 January 2013 10:13 pm

A note from the band

news_line.png

Dear friends in Latin America

We're sad to say that, due to circumstances beyond our control, we're unable to reschedule the postponed Mylo Xyloto tour dates in 2013.

For this we're very sorry.

It may seem small consolation now but we'll definitely have your corner of the world at the front of our minds when the time comes to do it all again.

Thank you for your incredible patience and support.

With love

Chris, Will, Guy, Jonny

very sad news for everybody in Latin America.

I know the boys will find a way to make it up in the future.

Their message raises hope about a new era (and that's good news in a sense).

I am glad I went to North America just to watch them.

Next time I am not assuming any risks, again!

So this journalist that works on Brazil's showbusiness is saying the band never wanted to come but producers "convinced" them (with a whole lot of money) to do it. Then they just cancelled on the last minute.

MY OPINION: maybe they really didn't want to tour this year to start working on a new album as soon as possible

So this journalist that works on Brazil's showbusiness is saying the band never wanted to come but producers "convinced" them (with a whole lot of money) to do it. Then they just cancelled on the last minute.

MY OPINION: maybe they really didn't want to tour this year to start working on a new album as soon as possible

No! It's a month of tour! They love the audiences here.

no, i don't think so. they love latin america... but i can't understand this, they announce a tour and 3 days later they postpone it, that's not normal, planning a tour is not easy. I used to think that the reason of the cancellation was because of the grammys & brit awards (both are in february), but now, i don't know, really, maybe one of the members is sick? Gwyneth's pregnant? stress?...

and i don't know why they don't give the reasons. Now there's a lot of people insulting Coldplay on twitter/facebook, and i'm very disappointed too, cause this is sad for us... my country has been waiting for 6 years, and the Mylo Xyloto was an AMAZING tour that every coldplayer deserved.

I'm so sorry for this (and for my english), but I'm really sad... I still love Coldplay, the idea that I have to wait 3 more years is crazy. :cry:

I appreciate that they finally came out and said "stop wasting your time, it's not happening". Nevertheless, I'm really really sad. :bigcry:

I still find it really weird why was the tour cancelled all of the sudden, "unexpected circumstances" and "beyond their control", but I guess we will never find out...

I'll just keep waiting then...