✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very sad news... At least now they officially cancelled it and killed our uncontrollable hopes due to 'postponed' mention in last announcement... :(

Maybe it's just a matter of language difference, but in direct translation 'your corner of the world' made us feel belittled... (it can look like, but it's honestly not a complex, I've just realized many people had the same perception in Brazil)

And I'm afraid the 'small consolation' won't happen at all, 'cause at this point we all know that many others interests come first whenever a new tour starts. And by saying that somehow they raise our hopes again (even though in a distant future) which recent events proved to be a bad experience... :(

Frustration :( :( :(

Very, very sad news... At least now they officially cancelled it and killed our uncontrollable hopes due to 'postponed' mention in last announcement... :(

Maybe it's just a matter of language difference, but in direct translation 'your corner of the world' made us feel belittled... (it can look like, but it's honestly not a complex, I've just realized many people had the same perception in Brazil)

And I'm afraid the 'small consolation' won't happen at all, 'cause at this point we all know that many others interests come first whenever a new tour starts. And by saying that somehow they raise our hopes again (even though in a distant future) which recent events proved to be a bad experience... :(

"corner of the world" sounds like a little place where nobody goes, why South America has to be the last place to come?.. and Brazil is a huge country

I can totally sympathise with all Latin American fans, I really do, but when they say "your corner of the world", in no way are they degrading Brazil and South America. It is just a saying for a particular area of the world, so no, the band don't mean that in a "belittling" way :) .

So sad .. Really. And we lost this epic live experience! Bad for postponing and canceling. I hate Latin America is always always left for the end of the tour! And now this...

Pd:

Funny Will announced this time they were going to visit more country's (Uru,Par,Ven) and :lol:

I think it's very unprofessional and disrespectful to do this. They wouldn't announce a North American/Europe tour and cancel it after that. If they'd actually have a reason they wouldn't have announced the NY December gigs before postponing the Latin American Tour.

"corner of the world" sounds like a little place where nobody goes, why South America has to be the last place to come?.. and Brazil is a huge country

I am glad to see I am not the only one that thinks this. Latinamerica all together is a HUGE part of this planet... calling it a corner makes it sound less important than what it actually is.

Disappointed. At least have the balls to say why not this vague statement crap.

At least you guys need to say why cancelled the tour, i need an explanation !!!!!!!!!!

I would have liked a better explanation that the one we got as well. I do not think it is fair for so many fans that have been waiting for so long to see them. Postponing the tour was already a let down, but now cancelling after two months of having them waiting in just plain disrespectful.

I know they are people too, but in the end, the reason why they are successful is because of their fans, and i think we deserve WAY more than just a few lines statement.

I am sad, disappointed and angry at the way they have handled this.

I am glad to see I am not the only one that thinks this. Latinamerica all together is a HUGE part of this planet... calling it a corner makes it sound less important than what it actually is.

Pienso lo mismo, latinoamerica siempre es dejada para el final de los tours, y visitan solo unos pocos paises, no entiendo por que, tambien es un continente que tiene una cantidad considerable de fans. Ademas, algo raro debio haber ahi, un tour no se anuncia asi como asi y si lo hicieron es porque tenian ya planificado venir y lo iban a hacer, no creo que sea problemas con productoras porque la de aqui ni tenia la mas minima idea y fueron tan sorprendidos como nosotros. Deberian especificar mas las "circunstancias imprevistas" y no ilusionarnos de tener el mylo tour. Lo que mas me apena es que estuvimos a un paso de tenerlos, iba a ser realidad :(

Me explaye mucho pero estoy frustrada y no entiendo...

I'm sorry for writing this in spanish...

If everyone goes on the site and fills in the contact form asking for a propper explanation, maybe they'll give us one. Atleast that's what I'm doing cause you guys who live over there deserve more than what they said....

I just read the bad news and I still can't believe what my eyes see, it's really bad news. I was waiting the mylo xyloto gig so anxiously... after attending 2010's gig in my country with my family, I just couldnt wait to go to another "coldplay concert experience".

Also, with the title "Dear Latin american friends" I expected good news, I was all excited about that title at first! But hell no... after reading it just makes me sad and a bit mad. It's such a bad news and so strange that it also makes me x42 times anxious, not just to hear the next album but also to know that they will visit my country or "this corner of the world" again soon.

On behalf of all my coldplay support I can't believe I missed the mylo xylotour concert experience. I watched every live streaming that they did, pics, fan recordings, tv appearances, went to the cinema for the live 2012 and I'm sad and I'll miss grabbing a xyloband at the entrance of the stadium, and wear it for the light of it to set me in another human state, I'll miss hearing them play live in an awesome concert quality... I'll miss so many things it makes me melancholic and low-spirited to write them down. this is what I wanted to say about the news, this is a heartbroken coldplay fan in a sadness state when the news regarding the band couldn't be worst. 3 years waiting the band to come, and they were about to come you know? I'm really lost and hurt as a coldplayer right now and the song "lost" won't help me much. apologies for any english piece that is bad written and hope you understand.

If everyone goes on the site and fills in the contact form asking for a propper explanation, maybe they'll give us one. Atleast that's what I'm doing cause you guys who live over there deserve more than what they said....

Big thanks! :), although i'm not sure if it will work, i support the idea. I think they're being very discreet, and they don't want to give any rude answer, but we deserve one...

I just read the bad news and I still can't believe what my eyes see, it's really bad news. I was waiting the mylo xyloto gig so anxiously... after attending 2010's gig in my country with my family, I just couldnt wait to go to another "coldplay concert experience".

Also, with the title "Dear Latin american friends" I expected good news, I was all excited about that title at first! But hell no... after reading it just makes me sad and a bit mad. It's such a bad news and so strange that it also makes me x42 times anxious, not just to hear the next album but also to know that they will visit my country or "this corner of the world" again soon.

On behalf of all my coldplay support I can't believe I missed the mylo xylotour concert experience. I watched every live streaming that they did, pics, fan recordings, tv appearances, went to the cinema for the live 2012 and I'm sad and I'll miss grabbing a xyloband at the entrance of the stadium, and wear it for the light of it to set me in another human state, I'll miss hearing them play live in an awesome concert quality... I'll miss so many things it makes me melancholic and low-spirited to write them down. this is what I wanted to say about the news, this is a heartbroken coldplay fan in a sadness state when the news regarding the band couldn't be worst. 3 years waiting the band to come, and they were about to come you know? I'm really lost and hurt as a coldplayer right now and the song "lost" won't help me much. apologies for any english piece that is bad written and hope you understand.

I totally understand, a esperar MAS se ha dicho :(

I totally understand, a esperar MAS se ha dicho :(

esta noche no podré d:sleep:rmir con semejante noticia.

espero que la espera valga la pena de todos los coldplayers en latinoamerica...

y disculpa que escribi todo eso en inglés es que así de paso practico :square:

ánimo

esta noche no podré d:sleep:rmir con semejante noticia.

espero que la espera valga la pena de todos los coldplayers en latinoamerica...

y disculpa que escribi todo eso en inglés es que así de paso practico :square:

ánimo

Jaja no te preocupes, yo tambien estoy practicando el ingles aca, aun que con la decepcion que tengo las palabras fluyen solas jaja, y tampoco creo que pueda dormir bueno ya son las 4.30am, ademas es mi cumpleaños y lo recibi con esta hermosa noticia jaja. Animo a todos los coldplayers!

wow coldplayer Lore! Feliz cumpleaños y que la pases de 10!!! Happy birthday ;)

te mande un pm para que te alegres un poco :wink3:

por cierto, hay que ser fuerte para aceptar esta noticia, no es fácil, no se ni cuantos días me va a llevar aceptarla porque hay que tener mucha paciencia de ahora en más. Tenemos que juntar fuerzas para que puedan cumplir su promesa de venir a tocar aquí apenas saquen el proximo album :)

saludos