✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

Hey! so this entertainment company is Costa Rica is trying to make arrangements to bring Coldplay there. They are putting it up to a voting, apparently.

I thought it would not hurt to ask you guys for help! The only thing you have to do is to like the very first comment in the photo, that says "COLDPLAY"

I find it somewhat offensibe, maybe, that the other two are One Direction and Justin Bieber, but most of the people in my country are not far from dumb and they could win... voting closes on friday!

so please vote!!! Coldplay has very little votes, so all the help we can get is welcome! Thank you guys!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=371997552883326&set=a.361667647249650.85515.361638700585878&type=1&theater

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but what is the benefit??

I agree with this as the concerts in South Africa last year were warm up shows for the Mylo Xyloto tour.

I'm going to Cape town next month, I wonder if I wrote to Coldplay and asked them to come back there in November they would do so:laugh3:

• 2 weeks later...

So the Oracle has spoken:

The Oracle:

:

Quote:

Decisions are made and changed on a daily basis as to what happens next after a campaign is coming to an end.

The natural thing to do is to take some time off but that has never yet been a year.

The band may be out of sight to the public but that doesn't mean they aren't working in some way or another.

After the Viva tour, the band returned for a Latin American leg. They finished 11th March 2010. They performed a couple of Crisis at Christmas gigs later that year and then re-emerged for live shows in June 2011 while continuing with the writing & recording process.

So now I can sleeeeeppppp well.

so today this news came to me as a shock: there's a rumor on Twitter that Coldplay MAY play in Lima on March. The thing is that the info is being handle by very few people who are involved in the concert scene here. Pretty hard to believe since Peru has never been in the rumored dates but well, there's nothing bad in having a little hope right?

so today this news came to me as a shock: there's a rumor on Twitter that Coldplay MAY play in Lima on March. The thing is that the info is being handle by very few people who are involved in the concert scene here. Pretty hard to believe since Peru has never been in the rumored dates but well, there's nothing bad in having a little hope right?

Seeing as we're now days to november with no news, I'd say that anything that is going to happen next year, will likely be later than feb./march. It takes time to ramp up a major concert do ticketing etc.

I really hope so because suspense is killing me! Plus the Killers just announced they are coming back, that would make this THE perfect week! :bomb:

I get very excited and then disappointed every-time coldplay tweets something :disappointed:

this article[/url] says that they're going to play a concert in Bogotá.

Yes. It basically says that the secretary of culture, recreation and sports of Bogotá said that next year Coldplay will be playing there, as well as the Cirque du Soleil and maybe the Rolling Stones.

this article[/url] says that they're going to play a concert in Bogotá.

Just my opinion but I think it's safe to say that based on the number and type of rumors it's almost certain that a South American tour was planned/talked about at some point. However, I really don't think that the February/march timeframe is that likely anymore given that we're now very close to those dates with no public announcement. Not saying it can't happen, but it would be somewhat unusualfor a major tour to announce itself so "last minute".

That's similar to what happened on the VLV Tour. There were lots of rumors about the band touring Latin America around september/october but they ended up with february/march dates.

Every day more people here are talking about it (mostly on Twitter) but I'm starting to lose hope.

Rumors on twitter point to announcement on tuesday

I came across this article while searching about the sale of tickets for Gaga's concerts in Brazil:

"In the next 13th, by the way, the T4F signals that they will announce the promotion of a great band in the country in February of next year. "We are doing several other negotiations for the promotion of events in South America," said Alterio."

http://exame.abril.com.br/negocios/empresas/noticias/pouco-procura-por-lady-gaga-e-madonna-derrubam-lucro-da-t4f?page=2