✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

I wonder if its something logistical? Visa problems maybe? Or something to do with moving the set?

The fact that they haven't cancelled the rest of their Australia leg or the New York shows in December would suggest that its not something more drastic than that!

It was some logistical issue for sure, btw, vry weird having only one week from announcement to tickets sell (in Brazil).... :nod::nod:

probably 'til monday/tuesday they'll announce again, now Rio gets one more chance to be included on MX tour (keeping my fingers crossed!) :dance:

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it. That wouldn't count as "unforeseen circumstances" (and I don't know, but I bet it's gossip). I'd like to believe that it was a logistical problem but why wouldn't they realize it sooner? It's been just 3 days since the announcement, also wouldn't they list it in the site as "logistical circumstances"? :thinking:

This is all too weird. Let's wait and see what happens.

Doubt it. That wouldn't count as "unforeseen circumstances" (and I don't know, but I bet it's gossip). I'd like to believe that it was a logistical problem but why wouldn't they realize it sooner? It's been just 3 days since the announcement, also wouldn't they list it in the site as "logistical circumstances"? :thinking:

This is all too weird. Let's wait and see what happens.

That's what made me wonder if its a visa problem, maybe some of the crew or less likely the band themselves have had problems getting visas to enter some of the countries on this leg? It's happened to bands before! I can't imagine why there would be a problem...but it would explain the random timing of the announcement!

This was actually my first thought when they postponed it.. Or something like this.:inquisitive:

But I don't think that's the reason, it's probably just a rumour. She once said she didn't wanted more children.

But I hope they're okay. I wonder what the reason is.

what a bad news :cry:, i think coldplay have canceled Latin America tour because they had problems with organization(prices of tickets),because they mentioned they have been forced to canceled the tour, i think they dont have problems with the band,now its time to wait for the annunciation of the new dates.

what a bad news :cry:, i think coldplay have canceled Latin America tour because they had problems with organization(prices of tickets),because they mentioned they have been forced to canceled the tour, i think they dont have problems with the band,now its time to wait for the annunciation of the new dates.

they said reschedule the dates.... it's not a cancellation (which would be pretty worse). brazilian press it's all focusing on the first part of the news ¬¬ it confuses people

Sad. But I'm 99% sure we'll get new dates soon. (And maybe a bit later than the other dates (yn). The old ones were a bit too early for me)

totally agree with this ^

wow, didn't knew that people were blaming local/government issues for Coldplay postponing the dates :o

not that this fact isn't worrying, but if that were the case, they wouldn't have announced the tour there in the first place....

so, LET'S KEEP CALM AND WAIT FOR THE RESCHEDULE

So I've been investigating a little and apparently Time For Fun (the promoters) has reconsidered bringing the tour to Latin America. It seems the Lady Gaga concert was a HUGE flop in sales in the region and they fear the same happens with Coldplay.

I wonder if its something logistical? Visa problems maybe? Or something to do with moving the set?

The fact that they haven't cancelled the rest of their Australia leg or the New York shows in December would suggest that its not something more drastic than that!

Fingers crossed everything's ok with them! No doubt more will come out over the next few days! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do something like this lightly though!

Tours and logicists are planned out far in advance. They have the money for planes if shipping was an issue. My guess would be an issue on the other end. Is the same promoter doing the whole tour? If there is a problem with the promoter they would want to change before tickets go on sale.