✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

yep. wait is all we can do now. Btw, is crazy to think they wouldn't include Mexico in a Latin American Tour. Along with Brazil and Argentina, they're always a MUST for every band that tours around here.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quoting myself here: Argentina, Brazil and Chile are the 'ABC' of South America for touring, and Mexico had always come along, like a second act.

and the profits that they get are, I belive, as much or bigger than a normal leg. the tickets price are so high, we're used to pay 150-300 (in brazilian real), when in U.S. it's like 60 dollars :o

(that was a small resume of the spanish coments :))

if Coldplay really decides 'no' to a Latin American leg, it would be very bold, considering financial aspects. but I understand that these guys need a break, after 101 concerts.

They did 101 concerts on this tour, but they did so much more on the VLV Tour and still came here...

And if the march concerts that Chris told Yuri about are still happening they have to release the info until the end of this month,then the tickets would start selling november/december.

3 months is the minimun amount of time for "the selling", right?

I'm going crazy overthinking this :freak:

Who was the one that started the Rumour that they're not coming???? OF COURSE THEY'RE COMING!!!

I dont know why some of you are taking Debs posts as if she is saying that there won't be any tour... She is just saying that those dates are wrong... Why? because they were posted in an official page (VEVO), and in that way, somehow, she felt that she had to advise us that this information is false... Probably because the dates are wrong, or probably because not all of those countries will have them...

I would LOVE if they visit all LatinAmerica... but to be honest, if they tour here, the 3 countries that will be Sold Out FOR SURE are Brasil, Mexico and Argentina... So... think about it twice :).... They ARE COMING, unless Chris lies, because he said the same twice, first to a Brazilian guy and then to a Mexican girl when they met him in Europe in a different time. The Mexican girl Tweeted about it, and she's with Chris in pictures, Chris also mentioned the dates (February/March) so, let's just wait :)

^ I understand your enthusiasm, but, please lay off the THEY MUST COME posts. It's kind of spamming.

Sorry, but I do not consider I'm spamming. I just saw the way the topic was directed and thought that there's no reason people should feel bad/disappointed/and such.... so that's why I posted back again.

And it's not because of my enthusiasm that I post this... it's because for me it's kind of Logic (hope I'm right). They've always toured Latinamerica in the end, since the 2003 tour... So, now that they have grown so huge why they wouldnt, and they (Coldplay themselves) already told people they're coming, I dont see any reason they're not.

But I will wait for the official information anyways. Thanks.

Who was the one that started the Rumour that they're not coming???? OF COURSE THEY'RE COMING!!!

I dont know why some of you are taking Debs posts as if she is saying that there won't be any tour... She is just saying that those dates are wrong... Why? because they were posted in an official page (VEVO), and in that way, somehow, she felt that she had to advise us that this information is false... Probably because the dates are wrong, or probably because not all of those countries will have them...

I would LOVE if they visit all LatinAmerica... but to be honest, if they tour here, the 3 countries that will be Sold Out FOR SURE are Brasil, Mexico and Argentina... So... think about it twice :).... They ARE COMING, unless Chris lies, because he said the same twice, first to a Brazilian guy and then to a Mexican girl when they met him in Europe in a different time. The Mexican girl Tweeted about it, and she's with Chris in pictures, Chris also mentioned the dates (February/March) so, let's just wait :)

Hey soryy, here Hi , Hello, first we're taking serious because Debs Wild is like his public relation or the one who manage the Oracle and second Mexico is in north Amrica and in Chile,yep the small country who doesnt like to much jalapeños, we sold out tickets more than other countries and we pay the highest tickets from the continent,so dont take anything for granted and sorry I didnt see mexico on the schedule, but I'm not in Mexico so I cannot talk about what happen there.

You do realize that tentative plans can be made and then fall through, yes? Unless and until there's actually official confirmation, it's all still rumors and hearsay.

quoting myself here: Argentina, Brazil and Chile are the 'ABC' of South America for touring, and Mexico had always come along, like a second act.

and the profits that they get are, I belive, as much or bigger than a normal leg. the tickets price are so high, we're used to pay 150-300 (in brazilian real), when in U.S. it's like 60 dollars :o

(that was a small resume of the spanish coments :))

if Coldplay really decides 'no' to a Latin American leg, it would be very bold, considering financial aspects. but I understand that these guys need a break, after 101 concerts.

Actually, South America still isn't considered a real profit center in the touring industry. Although tickets are often expensive in the local currency, you have to factor in the exchange rate of the local money, to US $ or GPB or whatever. It's also far more expensive to freight all the gear to South America and then from county to country within (this also applies to some other regions like Australia.) and I've heard from people I know who work with tours that it's a lot harder to rent any backline equipment there, so most everything needs to be freighted. South America is an emerging market for live concerts, and in 10 or so years could well turn out to be an important region for touring, but honestly (and I don't mean this as offense to you guys who are from there. :)), it's just not there yet.

Actually, South America still isn't considered a real profit center in the touring industry. Although tickets are often expensive in the local currency, you have to factor in the exchange rate of the local money, to US $ or GPB or whatever. It's also far more expensive to freight all the gear to South America and then from county to country within (this also applies to some other regions like Australia.) and I've heard from people I know who work with tours that it's a lot harder to rent any backline equipment there, so most everything needs to be freighted. South America is an emerging market for live concerts, and in 10 or so years could well turn out to be an important region for touring, but honestly (and I don't mean this as offense to you guys who are from there. :)), it's just not there yet.

Yeah, but we are getting there, since 2010 we're having loads of big international acts coming. Lady Gaga and Madonna are next this year, this wasn't common 10 years ago...

One thing, Did you know that your country is asking loans, yes loans to our country because USA have some cash problem??? My country is from latin america,the problem is not the money the problem is money is not divided fairly among the people, and we can pay this concerts, that's why we fight and complaint why not all the band visit us. And we are having more nd more concerts since small band start to believe we are a good market, the problem in some countries are the producer, but for the rest, people, money,fans, we more then USA I dare to say.No offence but from your point of view is a little small your perspective.

Sorry for stepping into the conversation, but Prospector is right. Roger Waters made 9 River Plate stadium here in Argentina, 45.000 people each night. U2 made 3 nights at La Plata stadium. I'm not saying that Coldplay is going to come, but I think South America (especially Brazil, Argentina and Chile) is already a good (and not great) market for live concerts.

Sorry for stepping into the conversation, but Prospector is right. Roger Waters made 9 River Plate stadium here in Argentina, 45.000 people each night. U2 made 3 nights at La Plata stadium. I'm not saying that Coldplay is going to come, but I think South America (especially Brazil, Argentina and Chile) is already a good (and not great) market for live concerts.

A great live draw for the right acts in the right cities, yes. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a major profit center yet. In business terms, it doesn't really matter what your draw is, only revenue - costs, just the same as every other business in the world.

Yeah, but we are getting there, since 2010 we're having loads of big international acts coming. Lady Gaga and Madonna are next this year, this wasn't common 10 years ago...

Exactly. as a market SA is really opening up, which is a good thing for those that live there and want live shows. :)

One thing, Did you know that your country is asking loans, yes loans to our country because USA have some cash problem??? My country is from latin america,the problem is not the money the problem is money is not divided fairly among the people, and we can pay this concerts, that's why we fight and complaint why not all the band visit us. And we are having more nd more concerts since small band start to believe we are a good market, the problem in some countries are the producer, but for the rest, people, money,fans, we more then USA I dare to say.No offence but from your point of view is a little small your perspective.

Well, that's the essential problem with money everywhere, but that's not the issue I was talking about. The perspective I'm writing from is that of someone who used to work in the live music industry (admittedly on a small scale.) and still hears things from friends in that line of work. Talk to most anyone who works tours and they'll tell you more or less the same thing I am. I'm not saying this to offend you, honest. :)

The trip to South Africa last year might as well have been a benefit concert :lol:

The trip to South Africa last year might as well have been a benefit concert :lol:

Well, that's probably going a bit too far. :laugh3:

But it's worth pointing out that there are reasons that bands tend not to tour certain areas until they can fill massive venues.