✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feb 2013 Latin America tour announced!

Good evening. We are extremely pleased to announce that Coldplay will be heading to Latin America in February 2013 for stadium shows in Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Mexico. The details are as follows.

Buenas tardes. Nos complace mucho poder anunciar que Coldplay visitará América Latina en Febrero 2013. En concreto actuarán en estadios de Brasil, Argentina, Chile y México. Aquí les dejamos con los detalles.

Boa Noite. Estamos extremamente felizes em anunciar que o Coldplay vai estar na América Latina em fevereiro de 2013 para fazer shows no Brasil, Argentina, Chile e México. Os detalhes são os seguintes.

Tuesday, 5 February – Estadio do Morumbi, Sao Paulo, BRAZIL

On-Sale: Wed, 21 Nov

Thursday, 7 February – Estadio do Zequinha, Porto Alegre, BRAZIL

On-Sale: Wed, 21 Nov

Saturday, 9 February – Estadio Unico de la Plata, Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA

On-Sale: Sat, 24 Nov (exclusive pre-sale for BBVA Frances customers: 21-22 Nov)

Monday, 12 February – Estadio Monumental, Santiago, CHILE

On-Sale: To be announced soon

Friday, 15 February – Foro Sol, Mexico City, MEXICO

On-Sale: Sat, 24 Nov (exclusive pre-sale for Banamex customers: 22-23 Nov)

Monday, 18 February – Estadio 3 de Marzo, Guadalajara, MEXICO

Tuesday, 19 February – Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, MEXICO

NOOOO!!! WHYYYYYY??? THEY MUST COME TO RIOOOOOO!!!

There are only three possible explanations to the absence of Rio there:

1 - The gig's details with the companies are not yet completely set, and they're going to announce the Rio gig later.

2 - They think that their concert at Rock in Rio covered the city and they don't need to come again.

3 - They have been contacted and are going to play at Rock in Rio 2013, but it hasn't been announced yet.

I really hope it's (1), but in case it's (2)...

DEAR MR. WILL CHAMPION, I know you lurk here sometimes, so if you're reading this, would you kindly consider (and tell you bandmates) that the gigs you have been playing in the MX Tour are nothing like the one you played at RiR? Okay? I want to see a stadium filled with glowing xylobands and hear DLIBYH live as well. Also, a festival concert is not as awesome as a band's concert (alone).

EDIT: And if they don't announce a date in Rio, São Paulo here I come!

Ahhhhhh! :bomb: This is great! :D

I was prepared to travel to Mexico city in case they didn't come to Guadalajara, but they are coming back!! :D :dance:

And if the world ends on december, at least I can die in peace knowing that I was going to see them again! :lol:

Congrats to you guys!

I am almost sure they will announce more dates! only like 7 concerts does not make much sense...

even though they played that many last time :/

I honestly think this is it. There's really not much time left to announce more dates.

3 dates in Mexico and only 2 in Brazil, I AM SHOCKED!:

Whats so shocking about that? Mexico has always been the latinamerican country where Coldplay plays the most and where the shows are sold out in just a few hours...

Whats so shocking about that? Mexico has always been the latinamerican country where Coldplay plays the most and where the shows are sold out in just a few hours...

the shocker is about Brazil, Hugo. I'm not diminishing mexicans coldplayers, but we should have as much as dates as you guys :)

I guess the main problem for Rio is the venue, there's only one stadium availble for big size concerts, Engenhão (Maracanã is under renovation for World Cup 2014).

The thing is that you have all these people from central america that would actually go to costa rica for the concert. Traveling, even though slow, is pretty cheap, so that would not be an issue.

Stupid lady gaga had 31 000 attend to her concert.

the shocker is about Brazil, Hugo. I'm not diminishing mexicans coldplayers, but we should have as much as dates as you guys :)

I guess the main problem for Rio is the venue, there's only one stadium availble for big size concerts, Engenhão (Maracanã is under renovation for World Cup 2014).

Yeah i know, i didnt take it the wrong way, but mexico has have more dates than any other latinamerican country, therefore, whats so shocking if thats how its always been?

Also, one of the venues is VERY small (Guadalajara), so that makes it up for the 3 shows i guess haha.... actually the band said something about its capacity on the last tour, that is was the smallest stadium theyve played or something, some arenas here have more capacity than that venue

Lets hope they add more dates for everybody