✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Latin American Tour 2013 [CANCELLED - GENERAL DISCUSSION HERE]

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i know, i didnt take it the wrong way, but mexico has have more dates than any other latinamerican country, therefore, whats so shocking if thats how its always been?

Also, one of the venues is VERY small (Guadalajara), so that makes it up for the 3 shows i guess haha.... actually the band said something about its capacity on the last tour, that is was the smallest stadium theyve played or something, some arenas here have more capacity than that venue

Lets hope they add more dates for everybody

Usually, dates only get added for overwhelming demand, and then it's additional nights at the same venues. I'm not sure the published schedule would even allow that however.

^ unfortunately, I don't think Brazil will get more dates...

Estádio do Morumbi São Paulo (march 2nd, 2010) 53.060 / 63.842 (74%)

but last year, Coldplay crowded Rock In Rio with 100.000 people (like 90% were there just because of them), so they've seem that we are capable of selling out.

it's a shame Rio's missing from Mylo Xylotour :confused:

^ unfortunately, I don't think Brazil will get more dates...

Estádio do Morumbi São Paulo (march 2nd, 2010) 53.060 / 63.842 (74%)

but last year, Coldplay crowded Rock In Rio with 100.000 people (like 90% were there just because of them), so they've seem that we are capable of selling out.

it's a shame Rio's missing from Mylo Xylotour :confused:

The aability to draw a crowd (or sell out a venue), is only one factor that determines where the tour goes. Coldplay are capable of drawing most anywhere, but there are a lot of places they're not hitting this time. Personally, I think it mostly has to do with a combination of fairly mundane logistical concerns (travel, freight, calendar scheduling etc.), and the preference, stated fairly openly by the band and those close to them on a number of occasions, to work a lighter schedule than they have in the past.

What happened:

T4F (local producer of great shows here in south america) put tickets with absurd values for Madonna, Lady Gaga, Linkin Park and others, here in South America ... with this, we had shows canceled and others with audiences weak, at almost all countries ...

the production was afraid of investing in a big Coldplay tour... leaving many countries with potential crowds, outside of tour... :confused:

Now, we will have only one date in Sao Paulo in southeast of Brazil, in a great stadium, without Rio de janeiro ... and a "minor show" in the South of Brazil, in Porto Alegre ...

+ Buenos aires and Santiago

What happened:

T4F (local producer of great shows here in south america) put tickets with absurd values for Madonna, Lady Gaga, Linkin Park and others, here in South America ... with this, we had shows canceled and others with audiences weak, at almost all countries ...

the production was afraid of investing in a big Coldplay tour... leaving many countries with potential crowds, outside of tour... :confused:

Now, we will have only one date in Sao Paulo in southeast of Brazil, in a great stadium, without Rio de janeiro ... and a "minor show" in the South of Brazil, in Porto Alegre ...

+ Buenos aires and Santiago

even though what you said makes total sense, why not t4f considered make small shows - for 15000 to 20000 - in other cities?

that number is almost what Gaga's concert sold in Rio before the promos and discounts...

even though what you said makes total sense, why not t4f considered make small shows - for 15000 to 20000 - in other cities?

that number is almost what Gaga's concert sold in Rio before the promos and discounts...

Just my guess, but I'd say it has to do with producing demands. If the tour is mainly playing stadiums, they're likely bringing production geared toward stadium venues (whether that will be the same as their stadium production elsewhere remains to be seen.) If they're geared toward stadiums it probably isn't practical to bring an entire separate set of production elements for arena shows.

Plus, factor in that to be profitable, they need to be reasonably sure they can make at least Coldplay's downside guarantee (the bare minimum fee they get for playing a show regardless of what it draws), and without knowing what that is (currently rumored to be somewhere between half and three quarters of a million USD), there's know way of knowing what the minimum crowd/venue size/price point equation is that will give them a reasonable shot at making it.

latam.jpg

Latin America tour postponed

16 November 2012 12:00 pm

Band forced to postpone recently-announced run of shows

news_line.png

With much regret, we have been forced to postpone our recently-announced Latin America tour dates due to unforeseen circumstances. We're very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to the shows and we hope to reschedule them soon.

With love,

Coldplay

Muy a nuestro pesar, nos hemos visto obligados a posponer nuestra recién anunciada gira en Latino America debido a circunstancias imprevistas. Lo sentimos mucho por todos aquellos que estaban esperando los conciertos y esperamos reprogramarlos pronto.

Con cariño,

Coldplay

Com muita tristeza nós fomos forçados a adiar a nossa recém anunciada tour na América Latina devido a circunstancias inesperadas. Pedimos desculpas a todos que estavam esperando pelos shows e torcemos para que novas datas sejam anunciadas em breve.

Carinhosamente,

Coldplay

It hasn't even been a week just a couple of days :\ They even removed completely the dates from the live section, not even a "postponed" thing next to them :worried2:

But this is so sad :( I know it says they'll reschedule, I just hope things don't get complicated and they cancel the tour :(

... So I guess the waiting begins again :disappointed:

Extra weird!!! I'm worried 'cause to postpone a tour this way is certainly a tough decision that comes with a big motive :( they kept the US shows which rules out some bad possibilities but i'm still worried.

Talking about myself, It was terrible, had booked flight tickets and planned lots of things. And God knows how hard will it be to do it twice :(

Last but not least, can't believe our moaning for not having a tour will start again :(

Really hope that everything will be fixed soon (and they don't reschedule the shows for impossible dates to me :( )

I feel bad saying that it sucks that I bought airline tickets just last night, but I'm truly worried. I don't think the band takes these things lightly. If they had to cancel something, it must be because of something really big.

And considering it's only been three days since they first announced it, it sounds like something bad.

I wonder if its something logistical? Visa problems maybe? Or something to do with moving the set?

The fact that they haven't cancelled the rest of their Australia leg or the New York shows in December would suggest that its not something more drastic than that!

Fingers crossed everything's ok with them! No doubt more will come out over the next few days! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do something like this lightly though!

Oh my. I feel terribly sorry for everyone who had planned to go to these shows. I am sure you're distraught, and I sympathise with you totally and share your pain :( .

I'm worried why it has been postponed so suddenly. It's a bit unprofessional from the band to do this (although I know it may have been out of their hands).

I hope they're okay. It would be good to find out why this has happened, because it seems to be bit of a shambles, and is very unlike Coldplay.