✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

Let's see! I'm going to be 50 at this month's end. The last time I went to a concert before Coldplay was in the early 1990s. It was a stadium concert in Foxboro, MA with Elton John, Sting, Don Henley, Jimmy Buffet, Melissa Etheridge, etc... Since I became a mom in 1995, I live my life within a 3-4 miles radius, between my kids' school, the store, the gym, the church. I do my work at home. We're in a rural area where public transportation is miles away, so I really, really have to love a band to even dress up and figure out trains and buses to get to a concert. So far, only Coldplay has been able to accomplish that fit.

I respect Bono as a humanitarian. While I have all of Coldplay's albums and EPs, I don't own a single U2's album. I tried to watch 1 of their 360 concerts on youtube and got bored quickly. While I like a couple of their songs, I couldn't possibly listen to any of their albums from start to finish like I do with Coldplay.

So as we've been saying all along, it's just a matter of taste. The Coldplay sound (old and new) just reaches me in a way that U2's never did. I used to look for upbeat music for my workouts, but now I can exercise or walk for hrs listening to Coldplay music and interviews and giggle like a little girl (remember I'm going to be 50 at month's end). Beauty indeed is the eye of the beholder. Cheers!

okay very valid points there now i completely understand :)

The comics will always be there just like the video, so say If someone watches this years later and find interest in the story he or she will know that the band made theses comics and it can be acquired if that person desires to do so.

lol i doubt anyone will be interested in MX in a few years! not exactly that kind of material

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay very valid points there now i completely understand :)

lol i doubt anyone will be interested in MX in a few years! not exactly that kind of material

You don't know that for sure in fact neither of us does. Coldplay gets new fans all the time that sometimes become acquainted with their work and old fans that get reacquainted with the band also. Some of those people might be intrigued from the video, and then willing to get the comics.

Guest LiquidSky
gave it a 4/10

the song is cut short in a very annoying way. I love the song in its enterity so I think I'll look forward to the live 2012 video of it & consider it the official video.

I would love the video to be fully animated. It wasn't. It showed that the comics are going to be really good, but it added nothing to the song!

The plain ad at the end was quite silly. It will stay in the video years after the comics are over & done with. That's funny in a sad way.

The video is just making me wanna read the comics just to read them... but I thought the video was def. different. I'm not sure if I liked it or not (I'm so used to seeing Coldplay in their music videos that like everybody else said.. this felt like an ad and not an actual music video) but different because they've never done something similar before and they are the only ones doing this.

I also didn't like that it wasn't animated. I think it would have been better if it was animated. The video makes me feel like I could have made the video with an app. myself and honestly it was a matter of time before a fan made a fan-video with the scans of the comic... (scan the comic pages, make it hd, add the comic texts throughout the video, add some cool colorful effect, add where you can order it at the end..)

But overall, I think it would have been better if the video was all animated and not just on some parts. Regardless, I still liked the video.

So I've figured it all out!

The way the world is gonna end:

Coldplay offends you with their music video

You offend other Coldplayers

Other Coldplayers offend Coldplayers who like Radiohead

Coldplayers who like Radiohead offend some random guy

Some random guy offends a Bieber fan

A Bieber fan offends everyone who isn't a Bieber fan

Everyone who isn't a Bieber fan offend all the 13 year old girls

All the 13 year old girls offend all the boys

All the boys offend the adults

The adults offend the leaders of all the countries

The leaders of all the countries offend all the citizens of all the other countries

The citizens of all the other countries offend the aliens

The aliens destroy the earth...

Moral of the story? Do not let Coldplay offend you.

lol, this is one of the best posts I've ever read :hat:

I was surprised by the strong negative opinions a few pages back about the video, that it's just to promote the comics, that it's not a "real" video, etc.

Like others said, a video is to promote a song, here Coldplay is promoting a song and the comics (that they both created), I don't get what's wrong with that!

I like the video, it fits the song, even if it's a shame that they cut the song here and there. I liked the world in which the characters live in and I would like to read the comics so I can know the rest of the story.

We're all car kids, baby :D

Hahah yea i got it off ebay.. it was a rip off but i dont care.. ive got the digital download if you want it :)

When did you get the digital download? If could just elaborate how and when you got it that would be great. If not, sending it to me would be much appreciated :D

It's just a fucking ad. That's what's annoying about it.

Totally agree with you... they could use the video to advertice in TV, but an official video for such a marvellous song? No way! I hope they release another video, like they did with Violet Hill where they made 2 videos...

Amazing song, bad video.

Totally agree with you... they could use the video to advertice in TV, but an official video for such a marvellous song? No way! I hope they release another video, like they did with Violet Hill where they made 2 videos...

Amazing song, bad video.

I can totally see how the video is an ad for the comics, but I personally love the story in the video. I think it perfectly captures the spirit of MX and HLH. I think it only fair to be judged on its own merit and it does represent the album better than any other MX videos, because it tells the story that is the backbone of MX. I love the concept, hence I love the video :)

Louise lmfao. I like Coldplay a lot, but they are some songs that aren't perfect, atleast for me. Take Lukas and a Spell Yell Rebel, for example; I could never get into those songs.

I like the video, but I kinda felt that they could've done more with the video and not have it be a marketing tool for the comic. It's such an awesome song, I think PoC would've been a better candidate for the comic since the video was shoddy :confused: